Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewarkDevil5

NBA Draft will be held in Newark in 2011

10 posts in this topic

if this goes down, it really seems to suggest that either the nets are staying or that the pru center is going to try to lure another team in here.

or that madison square garden will be unavailable because of renovations, and they want to hold it in a bigger venue than they have in the past (they hold it in a theater that adjoins MSG)

Hm...interesting. I know drafts don't matter but this would be one of the most televised things ever to occur on the Prudential Center (the NBA draft is on ESPN I believe)...never bad for exposure.

Long and short this is more retail dollars coming in and an opportunity for the owners of the Pru to showcase the NBA why they want a team here long term.

MSG might be renovating, but they could've easily chosen Radio City, the tennis stadium in Queens, or even out of market like the Staples Center or Miami.

according to people familiar with the relationship, the NBA has been working closely with city officials to help spur economic growth in the downtown area.

I bet we're gonna get a new team once the Nets are gone.

This is pretty awesome though

Edited by The Rock 07

Staples Center or Miami.

I'm surprised that they didn't go with this.

Eww. What do you think this is, the NHL, where the league says, "You have the star player so now you get everything."?

I'm surprised that they didn't go with this.

Eww. What do you think this is, the NHL, where the league says, "You have the star player so now you get everything."?

+1