Martyisth3b3st

JOHNNY MAC COUNTDOWN

62 posts in this topic

How long after the game is over will Johnny Mac be out of a job?

It won't happen in the middle of the road trip. Probably after a loss to the Rangers on November 5.

It probably won't solve the problems, but at this point why not.

Tomorow Morning he should be out while the team will be bonding at Disneyland

A couple more losses should do it

NOP...at this point you can take the calendar and just put a little L and the score you want on every game.

I think he has until after the Ranger game. If we continue to lay an egg on this road trip and then come back and lose to the Rangers, then I think he is done.

Edited by mmajeski06

I think he has until after the Ranger game. If we continue to lay an egg on this road trip and then come back and lose to the Rangers, then I think he is done.

Considering we already lost a total of 15 points I think he doesn't survive to the end of this road trip which would add another 6 points not (counting tonight game) to our total of lost points

Please firing MacLean is not our problem. Its the defense play on the ice.

Please firing MacLean is not our problem. Its the defense play on the ice.

Guy lost the locker room men.Its obvious just watching the team

Guy lost the locker room men.Its obvious just watching the team

To lose them he had to have them.

Somebody has to get fired.

this is sad... saturday night at staples will be a hoot.

Players/veterans continuing to run the asylum inside that locker room. If the losing continues Maclean won't make it to December. The defense has just been flat out terrible. The two wins they were really solid on defense and had shutouts. Just do not know why this team has a problem listening to whoever the head coach is. It's a problem.

Somebody has to get fired.

First could go is Adam Oates because the PP really sucks! Not going to win many games when you do not score on the PP. Devils now 3-33, 1-20 on the road. :puke:

it's weird cause i keep on hearing that once you go Mac you never go back... :noclue:

you need to stop worry about losing points, because it's virtually unsaveable at this point. no matter who the coach is, this team is going to suck.

it needs a bullet in its head and fast. the D is going to bring it down no matter what. this is the time when you start pressuring people with clauses to lift them, and dump anyone with a limited ASAP. seeya, Langs, in other words.

we have Magnan playing actual minutes in actual games. and Tallinder, the human suck machine. and they're on different pairs. how is that resolveable. and Volchenkov coming back gets rid of only one of our crappy defenders. and they still can't make a play.

I suppose a new coach will just stamp his feet and a solid, experienced D-corps will rise from the soil?

he may, if they come to some other long-term solution, but he sure as fvck shouldn't go first

he may, if they come to some other long-term solution, but he sure as fvck shouldn't go first

Exactly. There is no way Lou can get away with firing a coach this time like he has in the past, especially after KovyGate. Hardly anyone blinked when he fired a coach who had taken his team to the Stanley Cup Finals the previous two years. Everyone let it slide when he fired a coach of a 1st place team with just 3 games to go. And even though he never fired Burns, Robinson in 2005-2006, Sutter or Lemaire, mostly everyone out there just looks at 7-8 coaching changes since the lockout with only two series wins and no Conference Finals appearance as Lou not being happy with the results.

This is his mess. He's the one who constructed this team. I'm not saying that Lou should go, but I honestly believe this time he is going to take full responsibility for any problems and not throw Mac under the bus. There will be a bunch of personnel changes first.

Edited by devilsrule33

I can't help but feel bad for Johnny Mac. He's been the company man for so long and then when he finally gets his crack, it all falls apart. It's not fair, especially when your best defenseman is out and the D reminds me of some old teams I watched. I caught the highlights and saw a lot of vets dogging it defensively. And then there's this. I'm not one for stats but explain how Kovalchuk and Zajac get 0 shots. It always seems to be the SOS with this team. Blame the coach. How about some accountability? Wasn't that once their mantra like forever?

Exactly. There is no way Lou can get away with firing a coach this time like he has in the past, especially after KovyGate. Hardly anyone blinked when he fired a coach who had taken his team to the Stanley Cup Finals the previous two years. Everyone let it slide when he fired a coach of a 1st place team with just 3 games to go. And even though he never fired Burns, Robinson in 2005-2006, Sutter or Lemaire, mostly everyone out there just looks at 7-8 coaching changes since the lockout with only two series wins and no Conference Finals appearance as Lou not being happy with the results.

This is his mess. He's the one who constructed this team. I'm not saying that Lou should go, but I honestly believe this time he is going to take full responsibility for any problems and not throw Mac under the bus. There will be a bunch of personnel changes first.

it's just kneejerk, because a bunch of people sold themselves a hill of beans, about how this was going to be some kind of unstoppable superteam.

guess what, it's not. in fact, it blows ass. then people invent this "well, he doesn't have a system" BS. anybody that went to a preseason game and watched it knows that's BS, when they were rolling their A team out there against people's B-teams and the Islanders that didn't get exiled to Mongolia, it was pretty damn clear what they were doing and that they had a plan.

well, you're not playing those guys anymore, and your defense is bad. awful. putrid. pathetic. in all facets. the defense is required to make the breakout passes but can't even get them within 2 feet. don't think this hampers your breakout? and it's not like you can say "well, this isn't working, so now the D is going to carry to the redline and dump (the Sutter "system"), because they can't carry the goddamn puck without turning it over.

and they can't handle a forecheck, rendering it all moot. and their defensive play makes me want to die. :lol:

couple that with some forwards that took the train to geezerville, and greenhorns and 19 year olds crammed all over the place, and what can you reasonably expect.

Derek is right. this is essentially an old-school sh!tty Rangers team

John MacLean is not getting fired this season. End of story.

I'm with you on this. It makes lou look fragile, and unsure of himself. With the coaching revolving door in NJ, JMac is here atleast for this season. I do believe heads will roll. One thing we all learned is that none of our rookies are ready for primetime. And sadly may never be.