GDT: NJ Devils @ VAN Canucks- 10:00

MartysGlove

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked the Elias-Kovy-Vasyunov line in Anaheim. Keep em together, call it the VIP Line

Then how about.....

Zubrus Zajac Langenbrunner

Kovalchuk Elias Vasyunov

Clarkson Arnott Pelley

Mair Mills Sestito

I dont want pelley on the top two lines, hes fine on the third line, and i dont want zubrus to be dragged down by clarkson or arnott pelley should fit good with those two.

How about the VIPer line :uni:

Edited by Zubie#8

"I is team" -Kovalchuk

If we could trade Kovalchuk for Ladd/Byfuglien... I'd do it... but I don't think Atlanta wants him back. They've done very good without him. I wonder how good the Devils could've done without him. I know he is one guy, but the drama, negativity with his payroll compared to others, negativity in locker room... I would bet it has something to do with him.

Devils need this win badly tonight. Brodeur will be up for this one knowing Luongo will be on the other end of the ice. Devils showed a good 3rd period in LA where they dominated them 20-4 in SOG and took it to them. Unfortunately the goals did not come for them. Sooner or later (hopefully sooner like tonight) the goals are going to come along with the bounces for this Devils team. I have a good feeling about tonight's game as well.

LETS GO DEVILS!!!!

Lets bow our heads and pray....

Dear Hockey Gods; Art thou angry with thy Devils? Why must thou pissith on thy team? Thy Devils needith thou blessing tonight. Please bringith.

Amen.

Is it bad that I am praying to gods with the words Devils in it?

Lets bow our heads and pray....

Dear Hockey Gods; Art thou angry with thy Devils? Why must thou pissith on thy team? Thy Devils needith thou blessing tonight. Please bringith.

Amen.

Is it bad that I am praying to gods with the words Devils in it?

"Where God has his church, The Devil will have his Chapel"

"I is team" -Kovalchuk

If we could trade Kovalchuk for Ladd/Byfuglien... I'd do it... but I don't think Atlanta wants him back. They've done very good without him. I wonder how good the Devils could've done without him. I know he is one guy, but the drama, negativity with his payroll compared to others, negativity in locker room... I would bet it has something to do with him.

Ok so a two time 52 goal scorer and someone who has scored the most goals since the year he entered the league for 2 third line grinders that are a dime a dozen?

I agree with the line of thought that so far this season those two may have been more of contribution to the team than Kovy but... over a 82 game schedule and looking at the big picture , I am going to have to say your nucking futts.

I will agree with you in that so far Kovy has not lived up to the hype. However it is simply not a case that he has magically lost his talent and ability to score.

I just think that the current offensive system and his linemates take away from what makes Kovy effective. His strengths are his speed and his shot. Currently other teams take away all his time and space by pressuring the crap out of him. They can easily do so as we have no one driving the net or getting into scoring areas of the ice. This enables teams D to step up and be more aggressive on the puck carrier.

It was frustrating to see the Stoll of all people , on one PP had more one-timer set-ups than Kovy has had all year long. We just dont have the offensive gameplan to enable Kovy to do what he does best. Dump and chase , and cycle for shots from the outside with no one in near the net is not getting it done.

I can see Kovy get frustrated and try to make his own time and space by stick handling through 2-3 defenders , and it is failing miserably so far.

We need a system where we are more aggressive and drive the net both with and without the puck.

Edited by Egg