MartysGlove

GDT: NJ Devils @ VAN Canucks- 10:00

308 posts in this topic

Probably dating myself here, but for anyone who's ever seen "An Officer and a Gentleman" (early 80s), there's a climactic scene where Louis Gossett Jr's character finally and completely breaks down Richard Gere's character. I think this is what needs to happen w/Kovy...I think every aspect of his game has to be torn down and completely rebuilt from the ground up...I don't even care whether the many flaws in his game are the result of bad coaching in Atlanta, Kovy not trying to improve...what's been done to this point can't be undone, but he's the Devils' problem for a long long time...whatever it takes, I hope this organization can find a way to sand off Kovy's many rough edges.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Blame him all you want to make yourselves feel better; you could replace him with Ovechkin or Crosby and it still wouldn't make a difference. Not like he hasn't been misused since he's got here. Nosiree.

Edited by Marv4Life

Don't worry...Tri will soon post some sabermetric hocus-pocus that will prove that Kovy's really been swell since coming here, despite what we continue to see from him, and ben00rs will continue to believe that Kovy will suddenly become a terrific all-around player because...well, ben00rs says it will happen, so it must be true.

he hasn't been very good lately. that doesn't mean that he has all of the sudden become a bad player. there's a lot more blame to go around.

i also like how failed GMs like milbury, maclean, and button are commenting on this. i can't wait until phil esposito offers up his opinion. maybe we can get a word from rejean houle.

Edited by Triumph

Don't worry...Tri will soon post some sabermetric hocus-pocus that will prove that Kovy's really been swell since coming here, despite what we continue to see from him, and ben00rs will continue to believe that Kovy will suddenly become a terrific all-around player because...well, ben00rs says it will happen, so it must be true.

Admittedly he has yet to look like even a 20 million dollar player.

To be fair to myself, I never thought he'd become a terrific all-around player just a lot better at defense, perhaps even very good (if you can find a post of mine where I've said different then touche). It's become clear that if this team isn't clicking then Kovy won't be clicking either. Kovy clearly can't carry this team alone. But there is NO way that his play doesn't pick up soon. I still think he finishes the season with 40+ goals. The answer will come in the form of him playing with Elias.

The problem with this team right now is Andy Greene and Henrik Tallinder right now. Both are playing terrible.

@Pepperkorn

apathetic. that's the word i was trying to think of!

danke, pfefferkörnchen ;)

Next try on wednesday against the hawks...Just fight for 60 minutes. Step by step, dev's!