Devils Flames

H.E. Pennypacker

Giordano has been given a five year extension leaving a pittance of money for Ian White during his upcoming free agency. I don't know how many of you watch the flames or saw Ian White play with the leafs but this is a good player and a PMD at that. Brent has fondness for some players on the Devils roster namely Langenbrunner so why not trade him along with Matthew Corrente for White. Our d pairings if we leave Rolston on LTIR for the season would be this

Ian White Anton Volchenkov

Andy Greene Bryce Salvador

Tallinder Colin White

Thais would stabilize the team tremendously and allow us to take some massive steps forward.

Too bad Lou isn't going to be making any deals or at least that seems like the case. Perhaps Lou is losing his memory and every game day they just show him a video of an old Devils game. Either way Lou is like Big Gay Al from South Park.

"Hey Lou how are the Devils doing?"

"Super! Thanks for asking!"

Yea Lou never makes trades at all.

Not sure of CGY's situation with their D but it seems with Reghyr, Giordano, JBo and Sarich all making 3.6M or more - that they may need to move him - especially if their season continues to go down the toilet. White may be a good piece here...but to be honest I don't know enough about him.

It would be interesting if Lou and Sutter spoke about this. Maybe some potential in this deal.

But just for sh!ts and giggles, if he signed, I would put him on the line with Colin White.

The White Line. :giggle:

Edited by Quinn01

Actually that wouldnt be a good idea.....people would be standing up in the arena yelling "WHITE POWER!"

been there, done that.... the black people in front of me thought it was hilarious B )

calgary is in the same boat we are. there's no way a trade for ian white works unless the devils can keep playing the IR game all year.

not to mention that ian white is not as good as you think he is; he is certainly not a first pairing d man.

20 + minutes on horrible leaf teams while still maintaining a positive plus minus tell a different story.

How about anything to change anything anything, please anything, yes anything.

I had a thought the other day(a surprise in itself!). Perhaps once everyone comes back we will start to hit a stride. I recall that the first two games we played(Stars and Caps) it was primarily Marty who looked shaky. Then Volchenkov was injured but Marty started to improve his game. Only issue is whether or not we can hold it together lon enough to have a successful season. Right now it doesn't seem that way. From here on out whenever we lose a game that hurts our chances of getting an 8th spot exponentially harder.