Sign in to follow this  
SterioDesign

Parise has hired Don Meehan/Wade Arnott as new agent

devilsrule33    189

I don't know why this list needed merc-y players like Asham, Rupp, Dowd, and even Maddog to an extent. they're irrelevant. and I'm sure Gomez is happy with his bags of money, but now he's an underachieving goat wherever he goes.

Pretty doubtful any big-money FA is going to Arron Asham and Mike Rupp for advice.

I have no idea who Zach would go to and I doubt you do either. Regardless they are ex-Devils who didn't have a good run here at the end but found more success somewhere else. That was the point of the list. Maybe not all of them had a bad time at the end, but the success has been greater on their new team.

At this point, from a professional standpoint, I don't see much interest for a player to come to NJ or stay with NJ other than much more $$$. That didn't use to be the case. And I am sure Zach will have the opportunity to make more money somewhere else.

And Tri, the list was post-lockout. Holik really? But from the interviews I have heard, Holik has no problems leaving NJ. Loved the money obviously, and seemed to really want to be a Ranger / enjoyed his time with the Rangers a lot regardless of the outcome.

Edited by devilsrule33

At this point, from a professional standpoint, I don't see much interest for a player to come to NJ or stay with NJ other than much more $$$.

Case in point: Ilya Kovalchuk. This is team my foot.

DaneykoIsGod    120

But guess what, every single free agent post-lockout has left NJ and experienced something better.

Sergei Brylin, Erik Rasmussen, Brad Lukowich, Jay Pandolfo, Richard Matvichuk, Karel Rachunek, Vitaly Vishnevski, Kevin Weekes and Niclas Havelid all say "Hi!"

We CANNOT let Zach walk away from NJ without something in return, Lou has got to realize this, too many quality players left the Devils over the last 10 years or so, and were not be replaced with equal quality ...you know their names.

Zach is worth a ton, I'd hate to see him go, but if it looks like it might happen, Lou has to trade him before hand.

Edited by hargsy

LucifersDog    16

Good for him! He should protect his financial future. The Devils haven't shown him that they are interested in him being the franchise player. Parise get as much as you can from whomever it's all about money. Say goodbye to the Devils unless Lou retires,

Devilsfan118    630

Case in point: Ilya Kovalchuk. This is team my foot.

Right, because you know his true intentions. :doh1:

But let's not open that can of worms again