Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Martyisth3b3st

BELIEVE SIG

294 posts in this topic

You can interpret this in two ways:

He is tough or just got his a$$kicked by someone tougher.

Well, I interpret it as the former, when you consider the circumstances:

1. He was a 17-year-old fighting a stronger and much more experienced 32-year-old

2. He didn't take his gloves off while his opponent did, putting him at a disadvantage (he would have been automatically suspended if he dropped the gloves)

3. Despite the injury, which was inflicted by his helmet, he didn't turtle or back down from the fight and threw his fair share of gloved punches

4. The picture just looks badass

Here's the fight btw, if you haven't seen it:

Ambivalent.

You're killing me with kindness

445864.jpg

So, is the fella on the right tough? Or is he a pansy who got his ass kicked so many times he has no teeth left?

Speaking of Believe sigs, is anyone else LOLing at Manta's new one? :evil:

It's better than his "I BELIEVE we made a mistake" with a picture of Bergfors (traumatizing franchise-ruining mistake right there)"

And CMONROWDY, join the cult! Is there a Believe sig you'd like made especially for you? :uni:

You betcha.

We got Kovalchuk = We made a mistake

We got Larsson = We're on the right track

But if Kovalchuk really is the true reason why we sucked last year, then he's also the reason we got Larsson. Manta's source of pessimism and optimism are one and the same. It's come full circle. Kovalchuk has fulfilled the prophecy and delivered Larsson to us. Let's all do kegstands and sing Odin's praises!

Well, I interpret it as the former, when you consider the circumstances:

1. He was a 17-year-old fighting a stronger and much more experienced 32-year-old

2. He didn't take his gloves off while his opponent did, putting him at a disadvantage (he would have been automatically suspended if he dropped the gloves)

3. Despite the injury, which was inflicted by his helmet, he didn't turtle or back down from the fight and threw his fair share of gloved punches

4. The picture just looks badass

Here's the fight btw, if you haven't seen it:

I wasn't familiar with the circumstances, but this only makes me like him more.

You betcha.

We got Kovalchuk = We made a mistake

We got Larsson = We're on the right track

But if Kovalchuk really is the true reason why we sucked last year, then he's also the reason we got Larsson. Manta's source of pessimism and optimism are one and the same. It's come full circle. Kovalchuk has fulfilled the prophecy and delivered Larsson to us. Let's all do kegstands and sing Odin's praises!

You can rationalize all you want. But do not make false celebrations to Odin.

The Kovalchuk acquisition still has left us pretty barren and in rebuilding mode. We got lucky in winning the lottery pick otherwise we don't get Larsson and we are still in a tailspin as a franchise. We are still a few years from even making the playoffs, so save you kegstands for when it counts.

Edited by MantaRay

Your sig rocks man...I'm jealous :(

;) Glad you like it. If you want, you are welcome to use it too. There's plenty of Larsson badassery to go around.

I wasn't familiar with the circumstances, but this only makes me like him more.

:thumbsup: Yep. Shows he's definitely a tough kid. Training camp can't get here fast enough.

You can rationalize all you want. But do not make false celebrations to Odin.

The Kovalchuk acquisition still has left us pretty barren and in rebuilding mode. We got lucky in winning the lottery pick otherwise we don't get Larsson and we are still in a tailspin as a franchise. We are still a few years from even making the playoffs, so save you kegstands for when it counts.

See, this doesn't make sense. By your logic, we're a horrible, rebuilding franchise. If that were true, we wouldn't have needed to win the lottery pick to draft in the top 5. I'll bet you a $50 donation to the site that next year we will be in the playoffs.

;) Glad you like it. If you want, you are welcome to use it too. There's plenty of Larsson badassery to go around.

:thumbsup: Yep. Shows he's definitely a tough kid. Training camp can't get here fast enough.

As long as he is ready too. He has the potential to be great, but rushing him helps no one. Is Stevens still on staff? and is Larry Robinson being retained?

See, this doesn't make sense. By your logic, we're a horrible, rebuilding franchise. If that were true, we wouldn't have needed to win the lottery pick to draft in the top 5. I'll bet you a $50 donation to the site that next year we will be in the playoffs.

:doh1:

Yes, because every Stanley Cup contender has an opportunity to move up in the draft lottery. Oh wait, they don't.

As long as he is ready too. He has the potential to be great, but rushing him helps no one. Is Stevens still on staff? and is Larry Robinson being retained?

Yes, Stevens is still on staff. And I'm90% sure so is Robinson.

Just in case it got lost in the shuffle- again: I'll bet you a $50 donation to NJDevs that we make the playoffs this year. If I win, you donate $50. If you win, I'll donate $50.

:doh1:

Yes, because every Stanley Cup contender has an opportunity to move up in the draft lottery. Oh wait, they don't.

If we win 6 or 7 games earlier in the year that we lost, which is an absolute bonifide possibility had we started the season with Jacques Lemaire, we take one of the hottest teams in the NHL into the playoffs. This team, plus Parise, plus Larsson, is a Cup contender. There is zero doubt in my mind.

Just in case it got lost in the shuffle- again: I'll bet you a $50 donation to NJDevs that we make the playoffs this year. If I win, you donate $50. If you win, I'll donate $50.

Get in line. Yes, I will bet you too.

Just make sure you pay up.

DM, I should be making commission on these!!!! Its like a fund raiser for the NJDEVS site.

I just meant training camp. I expect he will be going back to Sweden for one more year, which makes the most sense for everybody. I'm just looking forward to seeing him out on the ice in a Devils uni.

Get in line. Yes, I will bet you too.

Just make sure you pay up.

DM, I should be making commission on these!!!! Its like a fund raiser for the NJDEVS site.

Cool, it's a deal. Make sure you have a paypal account set up by next march.

Can anyone credible answer this question?

Can anyone credible answer this question?

Are you a douche in real life, or do you just play one on TV?

I donate to the site every year, and it looks like you will cover for me next year along with a few other novices.

I just meant training camp. I expect he will be going back to Sweden for one more year, which makes the most sense for everybody. I'm just looking forward to seeing him out on the ice in a Devils uni.

Me too. I am waiting to see what # he gets before I make my next purchase of jerseys.

Are you a douche in real life, or do you just play one on TV?

Perhaps in this instance, I did play the douche.

It was uncalled for and for that I apologize to you Marty.

445864.jpg

So, is the fella on the right tough? Or is he a pansy who got his ass kicked so many times he has no teeth left?

Well played, now "BELIEVE" that photo! sheesh!

Well, I chuckled and smiled anyway at the measured excitement & cleverness.

Wow! You ARE way off base there. Unless you are playing the reverse psychology card and will come back with a "best $50 I ever lost" statement early next year.

I think a playoff birth will be locked up in February. :koolaid::moose::evil::D

Hey, Don't apologize! The world would be a pretty stinky place to live without douches! :evil:

It's all good

this would be perfect for a new believe sig:

071911-coach2.jpg