Obstruction Rule

NJDF

From watching last nights game and listening to the ESPN's "experts" analysis, it appears Lou anticipated this "new" NHL and made a huge move when he picked up Friesen and Tevo. The way the games were going last night, speed, not size, was waht mattered. Also, with teams forechecking more aggresively puck handling defenesemen are even more important. Also...looks like there will be alot of powerplays....another reason why Tevo is valueable.

Can't wait until tonight....should be a tough game.

GO DEVILS!!!

I don't know about that one, NJDF.

The Canes seemed to have trouble using their speed to much of an advantage.. maybe because they played half of the 2 periods I saw on the power play. But there were a lot of corner battles... Clement and Thorne said it was great how little neutral zone play there was, but there also weren't many shots in the game either..

Personally I would wait till the season is in full swing before jumping onto the open ice wagon. But once the teams get used to the way the Refs are calling the games this year, I am sure they will adapt. It might make the games more freeflowing or they will just know how much holding they can get away with.

I don't think Lou could have known they were gonna crack down this much. Maybe more was said at the GM meeting they had last year then was let in on to the press. I am talking about the one where they decided if rule changes were needed.

I don't know about that one, NJDF.

The Canes seemed to have trouble using their speed to much of an advantage.. maybe because they played half of the 2 periods I saw on the power play.

I noticed the 'Canes WERE able to use their speed several times on the Ranger$, but then they blew glorious scoring chances, much in Diablo fashion :puke: Nice whiffs, wide shots, and missed empty nets. The power play was so bad that the Ranger$ didn't even care if they took a penalty after a while because they knew Carolina would suck ass on the pp. :(

of course, we couldn't get a game like that vs. them last year.

i'm really hoping that the rangs do not get off to a fast start. my dream would be for them to be terrible as usual, and for holik to hear the kamensky boos.

i'm sorry, but bobby is my most hated athlete by far in any sport. and that includes barnaby, domi, carl everett, john rocker, randy moss, lawrence phillips, you name him.

I think Lou saw this coming as long as 5 years ago.. his drafting philosophy changed then and all we've gotten as prospects since then have been smaller players, and big defensemen.. he has not tried to pick big players in the early rounds as much as he used to..but now he is, with the selections of Ryznar and Tallackson..

I think Lou saw this coming as long as 5 years ago.. his drafting philosophy changed then and all we've gotten as prospects since then have been smaller players, and big defensemen.. he has not tried to pick big players in the early rounds as much as he used to..but now he is, with the selections of Ryznar and Tallackson..

I like Lou and have great respect for his abilities but I don't think he's got a psychic friends network - I doubt he saw this coming 5 years ago.