GDT: NJ Devils vs. Washington Capitals

Colin226

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Proud to see the team hustled in the third to close it out on the upswing instead of barely keeping the W after two great periods.

A complete game played. A full 60 minutes! I was waiting to see one of these!!

WOOOOOOOOOO@@@@@!!!!!!!!!!! :gd:

awesome!! Now PLEASE build on this and start putting this season back together!!!!

They honored Burns the best way they possibly could tonight by playing good team defense and posting a BAGEL on the board. Somewhere above he was smiling down on them. Even better then the goals was the workmanlike type of game they played tonight. LOVED IT. Whenever there was a breakdown you had someone covering to help out. So refreshing to see that. Actually it's been happening quite a bit over these last couple of games.

I really hope they can mange to get a streak going here.

Edited by Sickman

They honored Burns the best way they possibly could tonight by playing good team defense and posting a BAGEL on the board. Somewhere above he was smiling down on them. Even better then the goals was the workmanlike type of game they played tonight. LOVED IT. Whenever there was a breakdown you had someone covering to help out. So refreshing to see that. Actually it's been happening quite a bit over these last couple of games.

I really hope they can mange to get a streak going here.

Couldn't have said it better. They have a great opportunity to put a nice streak together with Calgary and the Islanders coming up. It would be great to have a nice 3-game winning streak going into the Philly game. BUILD ON THIS.

Couldn't have said it better. They have a great opportunity to put a nice streak together with Calgary and the Islanders coming up. It would be great to have a nice 3-game winning streak going into the Philly game. BUILD ON THIS.

I guess we'll see how much confidence will help them. If they were ever to get a boost from it, tonight's performance should provide plenty of it.

At the end of the day, there is talent on this team. We just have to hope it's enough to help them crawl out of the crater they buried themselves in.

They were showing some positive signs before that sh!t fest in Toronto which imo was the low point of their season. But these last two games have been very encouraging. They really should be on a two game winning streak right now but none the less these have been major steps in the right direction.

I guess we'll see how much confidence will help them. If they were ever to get a boost from it, tonight's performance should provide plenty of it.

At the end of the day, there is talent on this team. We just have to hope it's enough to help them crawl out of the crater they buried themselves in.

They were showing some positive signs before that sh!t fest in Toronto which imo was the low point of their season. But these last two games have been very encouraging. They really should be on a two game winning streak right now but none the less these have been major steps in the right direction.

Definitely. They should've at least taken a point out of the St. Louis game, but its hard enough beating one team, never mind two. They deserved a better result in that game, but they built on what was an otherwise solid performance with a dominating one tonight. If they can get the two C's- confidence and consistency- they could get hot. Wednesday in my mind is a MUST win.

Definitely. They should've at least taken a point out of the St. Louis game, but its hard enough beating one team, never mind two. They deserved a better result in that game, but they built on what was an otherwise solid performance with a dominating one tonight. If they can get the two C's- confidence and consistency- they could get hot. Wednesday in my mind is a MUST win.

Ditto. And yeah, they have to follow this up with another W. Every game is crucial the rest of the way unless they go on some ten game winning streak very shortly and buy themselves some extra time. They're due for a streak though. They're playing well and it's been so damn long since they were able to string wins together.

The best approach I think they can take is to try and take advantage of home ice and try to get their home ice record to .500 If they win on Wed they'll only be two under. Slowly chip away at the road record and try to be at .500 overall by the 45 or 50 game mark. If they can keep around that level by the time Parise gets back and some other bodies return, they'll have a shot to make a run but it's gonna be very difficult. They're not buried points wise but there are A LOT of teams to jump over.

Edited by Sickman

O.K now this game was really our best.

Doc said something that really seemed to be spot on.He said that with all the rookies coming and playing with the team and all the injuries...the team seemed to be finally having some chemistry.

If you look at how the line played...you can see that he is right.

TD -Arnot- Elias: Was great tonight and they seemed to understand each other very well.

Kovy-Zuby-Vasyunov: Vasyunov and Zubrus seems to understand each other a little bit more than they do with Kovy but they are not far from having a good Chemistry.

Defense: The 6 guys were great and I actually loved how Tallinder played

Edited by SS-SS

I think I love Tedenby. He probably won't keep it up, but he's got Elias and Arnott going, which is great, because now that we have a functional line, we now have a functional system.

he's come a long way from "Captain Dangles" in the preseason. that PP play is just such a smart, simple PP play that harkens back to Devils PP's that have WORKED in the past. instead of the "let's let Kovy blast the puck into people's shins and heads" the other unit displays.

Volch was also awesome.