NFL Week 14!!

CRASHER

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/dpp/news/snow-collapses-metrodome,-vikings-postponed-dec-12-2010

Pretty cool video of Metrodome collapsing from the inside. Zygi Wolf has to be thrilled. If he doesnt get a new stadium after this, the Vikings will leave and he can just blame the city/state.

Imagine being inside the thing when that happened. I bet it would sound like the end of the world.

Anybody catch the classless act by the Jets sideline?

video

My wife is a Jets fan and always says, "why can't you just root for the Jets? They aren't even in the Cowboys conference." And this is exactly why...I don't like Rex Ryan or the atmosphere he brings...its his attitude and aura he gives this team that makes things like this possible. He needs to just stick to football and leave it at that, stop with the useless trash talking and nonsense...

video

My wife is a Jets fan and always says, "why can't you just root for the Jets? They aren't even in the Cowboys conference." And this is exactly why...I don't like Rex Ryan or the atmosphere he brings...its his attitude and aura he gives this team that makes things like this possible. He needs to just stick to football and leave it at that, stop with the useless trash talking and nonsense...

and you respond "Well dear, the Jets were really bad when I was young, and I couldn't root for the home team, I needed to root for the cross country winner and jump on the Cowboys bandwagon because...well everybody was doing it and I needed instant gratification."

This is a total non issue, it happens all the time in football.

and you respond "Well dear, the Jets were really bad when I was young, and I couldn't root for the home team, I needed to root for the cross country winner and jump on the Cowboys bandwagon because...well everybody was doing it and I needed instant gratification."

except for the fact that I'm from TX....but yeah umm, so...you know...arguement rendered...useless?

Edited by UnderDogX

It probably does but since the guy got hurt and because it's the Jets it'll be a hundred times the bigger deal than it would be for 98% of NFL teams, just like Braylon playing after his DUI was the worst thing in the history of mankind when just about every other team including the Giants let players play after DUI's.

The only guys on the Jets other than Braylon I'd call classless are Bart Scott and Eric Smith and every team in the NFL has at least a couple of those guys, or were the Patriots classless too when they had Rodney Harrison and that CB earlier in the year go headhunting? Most of the time we're the ones getting cheapshotted instead of the other way around.

except for the fact that I'm from TX....but yeah umm, so...you know...arguement rendered...useless?

And how many trash-talking dopes and druggies did the champion Cowboys have in the mid '90's? Yet we're the most classless organization in sports cause some knucklehead coach barely sticks a knee out into the white area of the field and will probably be fired or at least suspended for it. This wasn't even Woody Hayes coldcocking some Clemson player on the sidelines in a bowl game, it was more benign and he would have probably gotten away with it (like others I'm sure have) if the guy didn't get hurt on the play.

Edited by NJDevs4978

It probably does but since the guy got hurt and because it's the Jets it'll be a hundred times the bigger deal than it would be for 98% of NFL teams, just like Braylon playing after his DUI was the worst thing in the history of mankind when just about every other team including the Giants let players play after DUI's.

The only guys on the Jets other than Braylon I'd call classless are Bart Scott and Eric Smith and every team in the NFL has at least a couple of those guys, or were the Patriots classless too when they had Rodney Harrison and that CB earlier in the year go headhunting? Most of the time we're the ones getting cheapshotted instead of the other way around.

And how many trash-talking dopes and druggies did the champion Cowboys have in the mid '90's? Yet we're the most classless organization in sports cause some knucklehead coach barely sticks a knee out into the white area of the field and will probably be fired or at least suspended for it. This wasn't even Woody Hayes coldcocking some Clemson player on the sidelines in a bowl game, it was more benign and he would have probably gotten away with it (like others I'm sure have) if the guy didn't get hurt on the play.

Hey we may have had off the field issues a plenty but we played straight on the field...I'm not saying there aren't classless players in any organization other than the Jets but its the reason why I can't get behind the Jets, thats all...amongst other teams for sure....fan or not, it was a d!ck move and he should be fined and or suspended/fired...and "because its the Jets"??? They (two weeks ago at least) were a dominantly superior team to the Giants and don't get nearly the same amount of local coverage...There are at least 8 or 9 teams (the Cowboys being one of them) had this happened to it would be a bigger deal...

video

Hopefully the Jets do the right thing and sh!tcan this a$$hole, but he'll probably just get a slap on the wrist with a fine or some bullsh!t. Makes beating those fvckbags even sweeter.

If it's "not such a big deal" then why is it being talked about the day after??? I watch alotta football and I can't remember something like this happening, not to mention it's dangerous (not only for the runner, but the idiot sticking his leg out can get injured too)....you kinda wanna put it up as "part of the rivalry" that's cute and all, but it's a guy NOT on the field affecting the play, that's unacceptable in ANY sport for ANY reason......

And hey if the Miami fans wanna gloat because we get spared seeing that same nasty-ass dead dolphins on the beach pic (which I find kinda gross and it was almost funny the first 50 times).... then I think they get the right to beat their chest a little about their victory!

Hey we may have had off the field issues a plenty but we played straight on the field...I'm not saying there aren't classless players in any organization other than the Jets but its the reason why I can't get behind the Jets, thats all...amongst other teams for sure....fan or not, it was a d!ck move and he should be fined and or suspended/fired...and "because its the Jets"??? They (two weeks ago at least) were a dominantly superior team to the Giants and don't get nearly the same amount of local coverage...There are at least 8 or 9 teams (the Cowboys being one of them) had this happened to it would be a bigger deal...

The Cowboys were part of my 2%, they're maybe the only other team who if this happened would be getting as much negative press out of it. The proof in the pudding is all the moral outrage that happened when Braylon didn't get suspended for his DUI when almost nobody else suspends players for DUI's either including the Giants, Dolphins, Chargers (with Vincent Jackson in the playoffs last year), etc.

And I still fail to see how Rex's 'culture' is any different than Jimmy Johnson's culture. Both were braggarts that had trash-talking players, the difference is one eventually won and the other hasn't yet. And Rex has been around two years, that's not the reason you don't like the Jets. Heck, the Ravens pulled similar crap before they won too, that's where Rex came from after all.

If it's "not such a big deal" then why is it being talked about the day after???

It would be talked about with anyone because it was unique, difference is if it happened to the Steelers, the Chiefs, whatever it wouldn't be taken as a referendum on the culture of the organization the way it is with the Jets. It would be taken for what it is, one dope who lost his mind. But since it's the Jets somehow Rex 'encourages' this because he and the players talk. Like there isn't a big difference between trash-talking from people actually involved in the game to a guy who isn't even a coach sticking a knee out on the sidelines.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Are the Packers going to miss the playoffs now? :unsure:

It looks likely. They have one more loss coming at least (@NE), and if Rodgers is forced to miss significant time, their shot of making it goes down to about 0.01%. They need to hope that the Bears swoon out on both of their games before the week 17 matchup @Lambeau, and they need to stomp on whomever their week 16 opponent is.

LOL!

I'd call him a retard, but that would be an insult to the mentally handicapped.

TAMPA — Tampa Bay Buccaneers linebacker Geno Hayes was arrested early Monday morning on charges of disorderly conduct and trespassing, according to jail records.

Police used a Taser on Hayes after he became aggressive with police during an incident that started with another man, according to police. Hayes overheard a security guard wouldn't let his friend into the lounge for being underdressed. Police said Hayes pushed a police officer out of the way to stand between her and two disruptive men.

Police said the man denied entry was verbally abusive, and police directed Hayes back into the lounge and forced the other men to leave.

Instead, police said Hayes stayed at the lounge entrance, "menacingly staring" at the officers and guards who made his friends leave. Police eventually led him to the parking lot and told him not to return or he could be arrested for continuing disorderly behavior.

Hayes was back 10 minutes later. He said he'd left his credit card, and police told him to sit at a nearby store while a friend looked for the card.

Bar employees told police they overheard Hayes saying, "B-tch a-- cop. You ain't gonna do nothing. I ain't leaving. I don't have to leave."

An officer ended up using a Taser on Hayes because he continued to be combative and refused to leave, police said. His thick clothing made the device ineffective, and an officer tackled and handcuffed Hayes.

AND....I (multi-) QUOTE!

And I still fail to see how Rex's 'culture' is any different than Jimmy Johnson's culture. Both were braggarts that had trash-talking players, the difference is one eventually won and the other hasn't yet. And Rex has been around two years, that's not the reason you don't like the Jets. Heck, the Ravens pulled similar crap before they won too, that's where Rex came from after all.

It would be talked about with anyone because it was unique, difference is if it happened to the Steelers, the Chiefs, whatever it wouldn't be taken as a referendum on the culture of the organization the way it is with the Jets. It would be taken for what it is, one dope who lost his mind. But since it's the Jets somehow Rex 'encourages' this because he and the players talk. Like there isn't a big difference between trash-talking from people actually involved in the game to a guy who isn't even a coach sticking a knee out on the sidelines.

"It's not bragging when you say it and you back it up"....the Jets haven't....that's a HUGE difference.....

And I'd take a MASSIVE exception to it REGARDLESS of what team did it....it may seem like a little thing but you are fracking with the integrity of the game and that's a big deal!!! take it a step further....say he blows the guy's knee out (which is possible)....hell look how this board cried about Cindy's slewfoot!!!!

Are the Packers going to miss the playoffs now? :unsure:

It all depends on how healthy A-Rod is and who of the Giants/Saints and Bucs falters.... it's gonna be a damn good race!

It all depends on how healthy A-Rod is and who of the Giants/Saints and Bucs falters.... it's gonna be a damn good race!

Yeah, no.

Unless the Pats get caught napping, GB's not going to be able to win enough games to catch up to Chicago or New Orleans. They NEED a Viking win tonight to have a prayer at the playoffs. A Giant win pretty much seals it up for them.

Yeah, no.

Unless the Pats get caught napping, GB's not going to be able to win enough games to catch up to Chicago or New Orleans. They NEED a Viking win tonight to have a prayer at the playoffs. A Giant win pretty much seals it up for them.

Isn't that kinda what I said?? It's a 4 team race for 2 spots...none of those teams have easy schedules left....