NFL Week 14!!

CRASHER

Wow, the "vaunted" Ravens defense getting exposed like a drunk bartender at my birthday tomorrow night :lol:

Not so much the defense was "exposed" as you wish to think as they were fatigued being on the field so much in a pass defense.

This is more on the offense as we somehow can not run the ball. I believe at one point in the 3rd or 4th quarter we were out gained 100 to 1 total yards on offense.

Flacco is a potentially great young QB and we have the best WR corps perhaps in the history of the game in Mason, Boldin, TJH, Stallworth, but we just can run the ball even with Le'Ron Mclain back and teams playing against the pass.

This is a very bad sign. Go and do your rant against Ray Rice now.

• Like 1

Not so much the defense was "exposed" as you wish to think as they were fatigued being on the field so much in a pass defense.

This is more on the offense as we somehow can not run the ball. I believe at one point in the 3rd or 4th quarter we were out gained 100 to 1 total yards on offense.

Flacco is a potentially great young QB and we have the best WR corps perhaps in the history of the game in Mason, Boldin, TJH, Stallworth, but we just can run the ball even with Le'Ron Mclain back and teams playing against the pass.

This is a very bad sign. Go and do your rant against Ray Rice now.

I don't need to, any media outlet that covers the NFL with a grain of salt has already stated how Rice is WAY down from last year, and it's been obvious all year..... and this same "vaunted" defense let the Texans TWICE walk right down the field on them (one for 99 yards), and even the TV guys were saying the way they looked good thing the Ravens won the toss..... and yeah they got a pick 6 and won... whooo.... accidents happen... Peyton Manning threw 4 times at Cowboys D-backs, does that make them good? HARDLY.... DeAngelo Hall had a 4-int game, should I fear the Redskin D when they line up?? Not really....

Go ahead sit and thump your chest on your dumb luck in playing the softest team in the league in Houston (my proof, the WADE PHILLIPS Cowboys dominated them), and wait to be exposed AGAIN when a real team comes knocking.... until then try not to pleasure yourself when Ray Lewis has an Old Spice spot running during commercial breaks, and praise your paper tiger....better yet, go watch the Steelers shut you down and end the game WHEN IT MATTERED and see what a REAL elite defense looks like!!!!

Someone has to call you out on this one. That's ridiculous.

Perhaps NOT!

This is subjective, but who in your opinion had a better group?

I don't need to, any media outlet that covers the NFL with a grain of salt has already stated how Rice is WAY down from last year, and it's been obvious all year..... and this same "vaunted" defense let the Texans TWICE walk right down the field on them (one for 99 yards), and even the TV guys were saying the way they looked good thing the Ravens won the toss..... and yeah they got a pick 6 and won... whooo.... accidents happen... Peyton Manning threw 4 times at Cowboys D-backs, does that make them good? HARDLY.... DeAngelo Hall had a 4-int game, should I fear the Redskin D when they line up?? Not really....

Go ahead sit and thump your chest on your dumb luck in playing the softest team in the league in Houston (my proof, the WADE PHILLIPS Cowboys dominated them), and wait to be exposed AGAIN when a real team comes knocking.... until then try not to pleasure yourself when Ray Lewis has an Old Spice spot running during commercial breaks, and praise your paper tiger....better yet, go watch the Steelers shut you down and end the game WHEN IT MATTERED and see what a REAL elite defense looks like!!!!

Wait...are you talking to me? Or are you inventing conversations again.

Let's start with Joiner, Chandler and Winslow. Winslow was a tight end, so if you want to exclude him on a technicality, OK. I think you have to include tight ends for best receiving corps, though, no? There's only so many receptions to go around.

Wayne, Harrison, Clark.

But if you will insist on three receivers, not many were better than Bruce, Holt and Proehl.

Here's another one: Carter, Moss, Reed. That was freakin lethal.

Edited by Jerrydevil

This is subjective, but who in your opinion had a better group?

The '07 Patriots had a sick receiving corp. Moss was actually interested and trying back then. And Welker...Stallworth...Gaffney...that was a deadly group. There's a reason that team managed 589 points.

I don't want to make it sound like they were alone...Peyton had terrific receivers for years to work with.

I just don't see how Baltimore's receivers could possibly considered "the best in the history of the game". The Ravens might not even manage to score 350 points this season.

There's talent there, but is anyone going to look back on the '10 Ravens and think, "We just saw the best receiving corp in the history of the NFL?"

Let's start with Joiner, Chandler and Winslow. Winslow was a tight end, so if you want to excluse him on a technicality, OK. I think you have to include tight ends for best receiving corps, though, no? There's only so many receptions to go around.

Wayne, Harrison, Clark.

But if you will insist on three receivers, not many were better than Bruce, Holt and Proehl.

I said starting 4 receivers the groups you mentioned only consist of TWO WR's much easier to defend.

If your going to ad TE's then I will add All-Pro TE Todd Heap into the mix and make it a solid 5 options, not three.

I respect SD's squad, but I don't think they are better.

Proehl??? Sorry, but no. Proehl is more comparable to Stallworth who would be our 5th option.

The '07 Patriots had a sick receiving corp. Moss was actually interested and trying back then. And Welker...Stallworth...Gaffney...that was a deadly group. There's a reason that team managed 589 points.

I don't want to make it sound like they were alone...Peyton had terrific receivers for years to work with.

I just don't see how Baltimore's receivers could possibly considered "the best in the history of the game". The Ravens might not even manage to score 350 points this season.

There's talent there, but is anyone going to look back on the '10 Ravens and think, "We just saw the best receiving corp in the history of the NFL?"

Fair enough, but I don't consider Gaffney a great WR, in fact you would have to really extend this to Kevin Faulk who really was the key to keeping drives alive in his role at third down back.

But again I am just looking at starting 4 receivers.

Sometimes the best way to prove an idiot wrong is to go back to work get paid and let him bury himself :lol:

How about Rice, Taylor, Brent Jones and Roger Craig??

The Ravens have assembled the greatest collection of possession receivers the NFL has ever seen, but that's about it

How about Holt, Bruce and Marshall Faulk

Hell even Reed, Lofton, Thomas and the greek guy who played TE for them.......

Manta's lost it ever since Kovy came to the Devils....it's sad.....

but then again his defintion of greatness is allowing the other team to go 99 yards on them with the game and season on the line :lol:

Wayne, Harrison, Clark.

Plus Brandon Stokley was the Colts' third WR (and had a 1000-yard season) when Peyton had his 49 TD season.

The Ravens have assembled the greatest collection of possession receivers the NFL has ever seen, but that's about it

Basically this. To have 'the best WR core' ever you at least have to have one and probably two game-breaking WR's. The Ravens don't have that, heck just about all the guys they have aren't even in their prime anyway.

Edited by NJDevs4978

To bring up the '07 Pats again, here are the actual numbers:

Moss: 98 catches, 1493 yrds, 23 TD

Welker: 112 catches, 1175 yrds, 8 TD

Stallworth: 46 catches, 697 yds, 3 TD

Gaffney: 36 catches, 449 yds, 5 TD

You can knock this group for not having gotten in done in the Super Bowl, but they were a part of the highest-scoring offense in NFL history.

But even the '94 Pats (Bledsoe threw for 25 TDs and 27 INTs, and 4555 yrds that season) had a pretty formidable receiving corp that year:

Coates (Bledsoe's favorite target for a while) 96 catches, 1174 yrds, 7 TD

Timpson: 74 catches, 941 yrds, 3 TD

Brisby: 58 catches, 904 yrds, 5 TD

Crittenden: 28 catches, 376 yrds, 3 TD

The Pats also had two running backs (Leroy Thompson and Kevin Turner) combine for 117 catches and 936 yards between them.

For me, perception adds up to a lot as well...no one is going to be talking about this Ravens' receiving corp in the years to come, and remembering them as this incredible foursome.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

I said starting 4 receivers the groups you mentioned only consist of TWO WR's much easier to defend.

If your going to ad TE's then I will add All-Pro TE Todd Heap into the mix and make it a solid 5 options, not three.

I respect SD's squad, but I don't think they are better.

Proehl??? Sorry, but no. Proehl is more comparable to Stallworth who would be our 5th option.

Are you kidding me? Proehl is one of the great slot receivers football. Same with Stokley with the Colts, who you can add to Wayne, Harrison, Clark.

I'd take Fitzgerald, Boldin and Breaston over the Ravens top 3 anyday. I'd take Bruce, Holt, Faulk, Proehl, and Hakim over what the Ravens have. I'd most certainly take NE's group in 2007 over the Ravens now.

And in the end..it means sh!t how good your receiving corp is. You need a great QB, and Brady, Manning, Warner are 10x the QB Flacco is. Case in point the Saints. Brees gets it done with Colston, Henderson, Meacham and Moore every week. Manning can get it done with anyone. Same with Brady who won multiple Super Bowls with Brown, Branch, and Patten. How relevant was Branch after he left NE?

It's about the QB-Receiver combo but more importantly, the QB. Look how bad the Cardinals are now without Warner throwing those guys the ball. Receivers on their own are irrelevant.

Edited by devilsrule33

I just realized the most retarded comment in the whole thread.... who the hell starts 4 WR's now anyway??

But that moment of lunacy aside and driving home in some traffic....I got to thinking of some better CURRENT groups of WR's I'd take

Harvin, Rice, Berrian (you know the biggest Manta-crush in the FF draft this side of Leon Washington) and Schiancoe

Jennings, Driver, Jones and Finaly

Austin, Williams, Bryant and Witten

Macklin, Jackson, Avant and Celek

any three guys the Giants throw out plus Boss

Branch, Welker, Hernandez and Tate

Ward, Randel-El, Sanders and Miller

wow the more I sit and think about it.... the more the Raven WRs suck :P

I just realized the most retarded comment in the whole thread.... who the hell starts 4 WR's now anyway??

But that moment of lunacy aside and driving home in some traffic....I got to thinking of some better CURRENT groups of WR's I'd take

Harvin, Rice, Berrian (you know the biggest Manta-crush in the FF draft this side of Leon Washington) and Schiancoe

Jennings, Driver, Jones and Finaly

Austin, Williams, Bryant and Witten

Macklin, Jackson, Avant and Celek

any three guys the Giants throw out plus Boss

Branch, Welker, Hernandez and Tate

Ward, Randel-El, Sanders and Miller

wow the more I sit and think about it.... the more the Raven WRs suck :P

It's Ward, Wallace, Randle-El, and Miller, but yeah, same idea.

I just got all nostalgic. Hey Jet fans, remember this one back in 1986? Walker, Toon and Shuler.

We haven't had a real good tight end since Mickey Shuler played his last game as a Jet 22 years ago ... I'm not anointing Dustin Keller!

What's funny is Mickey Shuler's son, Mickey Jr., is on the Dolphins. He never plays, but he's on the roster. Although we just signed Kevin Curtis, so they may have cut him to make room.

Are you kidding me? Proehl is one of the great slot receivers football. Same with Stokley with the Colts, who you can add to Wayne, Harrison, Clark.

I'd take Fitzgerald, Boldin and Breaston over the Ravens top 3 anyday. I'd take Bruce, Holt, Faulk, Proehl, and Hakim over what the Ravens have. I'd most certainly take NE's group in 2007 over the Ravens now.

And in the end..it means sh!t how good your receiving corp is. You need a great QB, and Brady, Manning, Warner are 10x the QB Flacco is. Case in point the Saints. Brees gets it done with Colston, Henderson, Meacham and Moore every week. Manning can get it done with anyone. Same with Brady who won multiple Super Bowls with Brown, Branch, and Patten. How relevant was Branch after he left NE?

It's about the QB-Receiver combo but more importantly, the QB. Look how bad the Cardinals are now without Warner throwing those guys the ball. Receivers on their own are irrelevant.

100% correct about the QB position.