DEVILS SUPPORTERS SECTION - August 16th - come name the section and p

Satans Hockey

As a 107 season ticket holder I feel like I should pull a crasher and go all out sandy pants about the fact that I'm paying twice as much for my for my ticket that night. Convince me why I shouldn't.

because if the devils don't get some fan support soon you might be rooting for a real crappy team in 3 or 4 years?

I've been to 11 games this year and I wish I was able to participate in a supporter section for each one...if people are really into this I'd imagine they'd choose this section when they go to games...for now it's a once in a while special thing, but it would be great if it was a regular every night thing...why can't you see that happening?

Btw i'm in for a total of 6 tickets.

I truly applaud your effort Satan --

-- I still think you need to name the group something unique for many reasons, one being marketing appeal.

I like ' Devil's Own '

Great job.

Thanks. I don't know what to do with the whole name thing, to me it's not that big of a deal so I think I'll probably just leave it as is for the rest of the season at least. There won't be any banner or anything at this game cause I believe there isn't a wall behind 107 to hang anything on.

Edited by Satans Hockey

As a 107 season ticket holder I feel like I should pull a crasher and go all out sandy pants about the fact that I'm paying twice as much for my for my ticket that night. Convince me why I shouldn't.

Because you get a lot more than they do.. You don't have to wrry about getting tickets (for a good price) when the Rangers/Flyers come to play.. You get to meet the players before the season at a BBQ with free food.. You get a lot more as well but I don't want to turn into the ticket brochure..

Point is, what you paid for your tickets is a sunk cost... You paid it knowing this could (and you really should have known it would) happen.. So enjoy that you aren't paying $100 for the Rangers games and be happy 107 won't be its usually cricketty self

Because you get a lot more than they do.. You don't have to wrry about getting tickets (for a good price) when the Rangers/Flyers come to play.. You get to meet the players before the season at a BBQ with free food.. You get a lot more as well but I don't want to turn into the ticket brochure..

Point is, what you paid for your tickets is a sunk cost... You paid it knowing this could (and you really should have known it would) happen.. So enjoy that you aren't paying $100 for the Rangers games and be happy 107 won't be its usually cricketty self

i'm convinced. good job.

i'm convinced. good job.

lol I'm assuming you were being sarcastic so I'll cut the crap and give it to you straight.. If you're that upset, why don't you stop bitching and do something about it like Crasher did.. Don't renew your tickets.. Yeah that'll show 'em who's boss!! Man, JVB will be so crushed!! Every game he'll look up at your seat and weep for the loss... lolzzzzzzz

Edited by Colin226

To me the biggest tangible reason to get sth's is the playoff rights, even in a good year you ain't saving much if anything over 44 games (including preseason which is pretty much a sunk cost), given all the discounts you can find for all the non-big games - with big games meaning the Rangers, Flyers, Opening Night, the first game after the holidays and whatever turns out to be a big promo, number retirement, etc.

There's no two ways about it, the value of season tickets goes to **** in non-playoff years, especially when the team's out of it early like this year. The reason to get season tickets is in case the team has a good year, then you wind up saving a lot on tickets late in the season (when the weather gets good and the games get important) and during the playoffs compared to getting them at face or higher on TicketExchange, StubHub.

Thankfully unlike most fanbases we've been assured of having competitive hockey for almost all of the last two decades, but we're finally seeing the other side of life again.

Anyway this is a thread about the Supporters Section, we shouldn't be debating sth's here, there are plenty of threads to ***** about how the Devils screw over the sth's.

Edited by NJDevs4978

How many tickets are in the section?

Not sure all together, but I was told there were 101 tickets left in section 107 when I posted the link so there should be only 40 left in the section now.

If this section sells out and the demand is still high, we can get tickets in section 106 next, all depends on the interest.

Edited by Satans Hockey

Just an update:

It looks like 107 is nearly sold out, and will probably be so within the next day or so. If this happens, SatansHockey will get in touch and get tickets made available in 106. The plan is for everyone to be standing near the middle and back of the section so it really doesn't matter where your seats are. Hopefully everyone going understands that we are planning to cheer and chant all game long, and will be handing out chant sheets once again. I'll be at the game early in the section with SH handing out the sheets, you'll know who we are. If you have seats elsewhere, feel free to come over, you'll be able to during the intermission for sure, but if you can get in before the game starts that will be great.

If anyone from the board is going, please post and let us know. so far:

Adam85491 + 4

Hurricane1091

SatansHockey

NJDCups + 3

TheFiestyGoat

Kale

nyrsuck26?

jagknife

ZeroGravityFat

thelastonealive

RD

Biggie B + 2

Devil Dan 56 + 3

DeevFactor

A ton of people also responded on other forums and the facebook page, but I just want to get a headcount of people we know will fully participate in this. If you're in a different section, feel free to join us before the game if you can, or between intermissions (since they don't check tickets). Spread the word and bring friends/family! If you're going and I did not list you, or you're bringing additional people, please post. Thanks!

Edited by adam85491

It looks like we have almost sold out all of the seats given to us in 107. I believe there are around 11 or seats left.

If and only if there is still a decent amount of interest then I'll look into 106 as well. I'll make a post about it on facebook and here in this thread trying to see how many people still need tickets and I'll take it from there once 107 is completely sold out and I confirm that it is with the Devils.