Satans Hockey

DEVILS SUPPORTERS SECTION - August 16th - come name the section and p

1,170 posts in this topic

I know you guys got a great "Believe" chant going, and you should definitely keep doing it, but it will probably be impossible for the entire arena to catch on. So maybe at times a simple "We Believe *clap clap clap clap clap*" or "We're Not Finished *clap clap clap clap clap*" Again very simple, but easy to spread around the entire stadium and get the players to hear. Maybe it becomes a staple at the rest of the remaining home games.

I know you guys got a great "Believe" chant going, and you should definitely keep doing it, but it will probably be impossible for the entire arena to catch on. So maybe at times a simple "We Believe *clap clap clap clap clap*" or "We're Not Finished *clap clap clap clap clap*" Again very simple, but easy to spread around the entire stadium and get the players to hear. Maybe it becomes a staple at the rest of the remaining home games.

Are you coming to the game tonight? There's been numerous good new chant ideas thrown out there and I've been just telling the people who thought of them to start them at the game and if it works everyone will catch on and do it.

Great ideas. On the train right now.. with molsons in hand :-) LET'S GO DEVILS!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Ohhhhhh yeaaaaaahhhhhhh devils!!!! Diablos win again!!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Just got back and that was AWESOME!!! Probably the most fun I've ever had a game.

someone should make a devils themed deadmau5 head

motleycrue2_031_medium.JPG

i think it could work ESPECIALLY IF you put an NJ-esque mustache on it

I'm planning on constructing one of these for Halloween...didn't considering putting a Devils spin on it...iiiiiinteresting idea...

That was absolutely AWESOME. Thanks so much for having these tickets. Most fun I've had in a long time.

I suppose that I should mention this now while the suggestion is out, but I've somewhat been working on a costume. Can't say more than that at the moment. I'm actually waiting on a couple of final pieces first, so if they arrive in the coming week expect a "debut" at the next Supporter game (not a guarantee/promise to be honest). >_> Besides, creepy spandex is creepy.

I hope its the marvel guardian devil

I'm glad you guys had fun, thanks to everyone who came out. It was a blast and the whole crowd was electric.

March 18th is our next game but tickets have sold out but there are still tickets available for our first weekday game attempt on April 6th against the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Great crowd last night. Probably the best its been all season.

Some things about the Supporters Section:

I was right below you guys in 14. Heard you all night (the vuvuzela leading the beat was a nice touch). The only gripe I have is the chants. This is no fault of you guys, but we really need some new ones. "Lets Go Devils" just gets monotonous as the game wears on. I could also hear that one dude who is always leading chants over on the other side of the arena in the 200s.

It'd be cool if some chants could be created, maybe even timely ones. Itd obviously take a while for most of the fans to catch on to new chants, but I think this could be a goal for next season.

There was a few that got used before or once last night that will likely be incorporated more often (De-Vils, Red and Black, etc). The You can't do that chant seems to be popular too. It's all trial and error but it'll work itself out.

Crowd sounded awesome last night. Keep it up. Hope to make one of these soon

I hope its the marvel guardian devil

No, it's not going to be anything that's superfancy like that. It's more than likely going to be somewhat simplistic. If anything, the red long-sleeved shirt that I wore last night is part of it.

It was a great time last night as expected. I'm sure that a few people are already aware of the overusage of LGD, so it's not surprising. I do know that some other chants will start being used more often. I got the back row of 117 to back me up on Everywhere We Go, which went really well. It did seem to be very localized to that small pocket of the area from what Satan told me, but I think it'll catch on.

The main reason there are so many Lets go Devils chants is cause when any of the other sections in the arena start one we try to join along with it.

At any rate, is anyone selling a single for the 18th? I have one, but my bro needs one...I'll snag two if you only want to sell a pair but 1 would be fine. Let me know, don't want this to be the first supporters section game i'm not a part of.

Adam, SH and anyone else interested:

I'm working on/planning doing a larger, more in depth article regarding the supporter section (and our fan-base as a whole) than what I did a few months back. Its actually going to be posted on the site I just signed on for the other day and could be my next article [if not the next then the following week's]. Ideally, I'd like to hear from everyone who's gone to any games this season [i.e. - season ticket holders, partial plans, individual game, etc.]

Please PM me or reply if you're interested and I'll message you with brief questions

Hey guys im new to this forum, ive been a huge fan of the devils and finally joined this after going to the islanders game on saturday, you guys were freaking awesome! i was two sections to the right of you guys and im definately going to the game april 6th to be part of the devs supporters section

I know it's probably too late for this year, but what about...instead of being the "New Jersey Devils Supporters" we call ourselves the "Hell Raisers!"

Sounds catchier and works well with what we're trying to accomplish.

I know it's probably too late for this year, but what about...instead of being the "New Jersey Devils Supporters" we call ourselves the "Hell Raisers!"

Sounds catchier and works well with what we're trying to accomplish.

I absolutely love it

Have you guys tough about doing something to pay homage to the great Pat Burns??? on the 19 will 4 months since he passed.

Have you guys tough about doing something to pay homage to the great Pat Burns??? on the 19 will 4 months since he passed.

I have an idea that I'm going to throw out there and you guys can throw it back at me if it sucks. Perhaps it would be cool to honor important people in team history with small banners that we can either hang up every game or at some point people could hold up. Sort of like mini jersey retirement banners like the ones that Stevens and Daneyko have and make one for Pat Burns too. In a sense it would be like creating a mini "ring of fire" for those important people that may not necessarily have a number retired to go along with those that do.

I have an idea that I'm going to throw out there and you guys can throw it back at me if it sucks. Perhaps it would be cool to honor important people in team history with small banners that we can either hang up every game or at some point people could hold up. Sort of like mini jersey retirement banners like the ones that Stevens and Daneyko have and make one for Pat Burns too. In a sense it would be like creating a mini "ring of fire" for those important people that may not necessarily have a number retired to go along with those that do.

I like the ideia but we have to make the banner 6/7 feet tall by 3 feet, but where we gonna print them??

some supporters clubs do that in soccer...

.x9-andre-gramazio1.jpg

Donizete.jpg

victor_faixa_renatogaucho_portaluppi_gremio_gcom_950.jpg

faixacorinthians1_ae62.jpg

1494364.faixas_da_torcida_do_milan_para_kaka_221_498.jpg

comzicopeloflamengo1.jpg

Edited by Cachorro Louco

That's a pretty awesome idea! IMO, it'd be cool not only to honor those kinds of guys, but maybe also randomly pick a scrub and make him feel like king for a day. Like a giant banner with David Steckel's face on it, and every time he touches the ice the whole section just goes completely apesh!t.

Loved being in the section on Saturday night. I would not be surprised if Anssi had shivers down his spine from all of us chanting his name at the end.

As for a chant suggestion, after Clarky's goal I was thinking a Fight Club style chant of "His Name is David Clarkson" would be pretty neat. That might work for all players who score too.