Martin Brodeur says he has no desire to be traded

Rock

+1

I am a HUGE Marty fan. He was my first jersey when I was 9 and started going to games. I still have the jersey. Its nasty how many stains and blood thats on it from playing hockey in it and such. I still remember the day my parents got it for me and how excited I was.

I would hate to see Marty go. I would rather see him finish his career here in NJ but if he does come to an agreement with Lou, I would only want to see him up with the Habs. He would have fun there, everyone would appreciate him like this area does Jeter plus more. Hes a god to us who are into hockey but up there he is a god to everyone.

I dont think the Habs would pass him up either because they know how ticket sales would BLAST with Marty on their roster.

Its a tough call. I hate to see him go but at the same time....would it directly effect our orginization and its fan base if Marty left or now that Kovie and Parise are together would it be similar to the situation up in Pitts with Crosby and Malkin?

exactly... it would have to be the Habs.

I'm so sick of hearing people say we should trade Marty. Seriously, anyone who thinks trading Marty is anywhere near a good idea, is not a true Devils fan. If I were Lou, I'd pass on a team offering up every 1st rounder they could give to me in exchange for Marty. Marty has paid his dues and he has earned the right to retire a Devil and he WILL do so. If Marty is traded, I stop rooting for the Devils out of disgust for such mismanagement of the team.

BTW, Marty will never be traded, it's just not gonna happen.

i understand your sentiment, but i think you can still be a Devils fan and want to see Marty get one last shot in his hometown, where people revere him as an icon.

I dont think the Habs would pass him up either because they know how ticket sales would BLAST with Marty on their roster.

They've sold out all their games since January 2004. They don't need a blast to ticket sales.

Also, that Price kid has been pretty darn good for them. They haven't got a hole to fill in net.

He has no desire to be traded because no other team would let him play so many games and do whatever he wants. Remember when he was benched in Montreal and had a hissy fit? He seems to have more pull than the coaches. And he likes to complain about how everyone plays in front of him, a real team player wouldn't do that.

He has no desire to be traded because no other team would let him play so many games and do whatever he wants. Remember when he was benched in Montreal and had a hissy fit? He seems to have more pull than the coaches. And he likes to complain about how everyone plays in front of him, a real team player wouldn't do that.

Trolling douche. At least this will save me the time of having to read your other 16 posts...they can't possibly top this gem of brilliance.

I think this is a fascinating topic. I hope behind the scenes that another team would like to acquire him and that Brodeur would be willing to go to a contender.

To ATLL765: Nothing good ever came from a rebuilding team holding on to an aging star. You're going to end up angry at Brodeur when he wants to play past next year, and he ends up somewhere else anyway. There's only one good solution for you ... Brodeur retires a Devil. And you may not get what you want.

i understand your sentiment, but i think you can still be a Devils fan and want to see Marty get one last shot in his hometown, where people revere him as an icon.

I feel like despite Montreal being his hometown and the fans there being likely to accept him with open arms there, he wants to retire a Devil. He's played his whole career here and I would think that he's done this because he lvoes this team and wants to be remembered as staying with us through the entire time he played in the NHL.

To the poster above me who said he can't stop a beach ball this season, I don't know what team you've been watching, but that is just not true. Marty may not be playing as well as he had in 95-04, but he's far from being even less than average. For this team to win right now, he has to put up a shutout and that's just ridiculous to expect from any goalie, even the greatest one of all time.

And to whoever said that Marty retiring a Devil is the only solution for me, you're right. I honestly would rather see this team suck for a couple years in order for that to happen. Though I would most like to see him and the team go on one more cup run and him to retire on top, but that may not happen that way. I'd be fine to see him stay on as a 1B or back up goalie in order to mentor a new franchise netminder as well or for him to play another year after his current contract is up and then for him to retire.

Bottom line is I don't buy into the idea that he's the reason this team is so bad or even that he's a big reason for it. I believe that even though he's not the goalie he was ten years ago, he's still a very good goalie and can stay that for the rest of his contract and possible another year after.