thefiestygoat

MacLean has been fired. Confirmed on NJ.com

296 posts in this topic

Saw this link tweeted by Greg Wyshynski....

Jacques Lemaire might be behind the bench of the New Jersey Devils, tonight, replacing John MacLean.

According to Michel Langevin, Jacques Lemaire was to fly Thursday morning to be able to resume coaching the collar at night when the Devils host the New York Islanders, the team that's ahead ... au 29e rang de la LNH. 29th among the NHL.

I would be shocked if this happens but anything seems possible this year.

with his defensive style, we actually have a shot if we hunker down in our own end all of the game and wait for a break out.

Im starting to see this all over the place could this be true!!!???????

If it is how does this effect Jmac was he fired??

Does The Captain stay ???? does he stay Captain??

Wow we need some sort of change?? as a Temp coach I like it, not as permenent coach, maybe he can light a fire under the players?

Edited by Devs1965

Oh please let this be true. Not as anything against MacLean. I just wanna see what dastardly head games Lemaire has thought up with all that time off. And hopefully he has a badass evil stache now too so he can twist the ends of it while maniacally chomping his bubblegum of doom.

:pray:

love how fast TWITTER rumors spread!

I won't believe it until someone credible reports it, like TG. If it did turn out to be true I think Langs is as good as gone.

obviously it's hard to believe, but i want to believe..

I had the X-files theme pop into my head after reading this comment. lol

I'll take it at this point - at least Jacques is better at press conferences.

The rumor translated from French that I read, said MacLean quit after 33 games, but it was a translation so who knows. Probably all just a rumor, though I would like to see it happen.

completely absurd

i'll eat my words if i have to, but this might be the most ridiculous story i've heard all year

Oh please let this be true. Not as anything against MacLean. I just wanna see what dastardly head games Lemaire has thought up with all that time off. And hopefully he has a badass evil stache now too so he can twist the ends of it while maniacally chomping his bubblegum of doom.

:pray:

Lemaire.jpg

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2010/12/devils_fire_coach_john_maclean.html

Oh sh!t!

From NJ.com

"John MacLean's short and rocky tenure as Devils coach has come to an end.

MacLean, who coached the injury-riddled team to an NHL-worst 20 points and 9-22-2 record, is expected to be replaced on an interim basis by former coach Jacque Lemaire, an NHL official confirmed.

The official requested anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the decision.

"