thefiestygoat

MacLean has been fired. Confirmed on NJ.com

296 posts in this topic

Even if I think 95 is impossible it still puts you in the playoffs.

i think he was talking about the pace - not total.

Lemaire is a lame duck coach at this point and will not command any personnel changes, as he won't be around to execute those changes next year.

I'm afraid we'll tank even more...

This is a legit point, I think. I don't think they can tank EVEN MORE, but how are the players likely to view this coaching change? They might be sneering.

Edited by Jerrydevil

Bergfors also has a big mouth on him. He had alot to say to Lemaire here in NJ and now hes been benched a few games for mouthing off to Ramsay in Atlanta.

I don't know why anyone thinks we can make the playoffs period. The hole is too deep no matter how much this team turns it around.

We are 18 points behind 8th place with 1 more game played then Boston.

Now I'd love to be wrong about this but I just don't see it happening. It would be an incredible accomplishment if we somehow did.

Why does everyone think the coach will magically put us on a pace to make the playoffs (if the season started today)? We can't score, and can't defend. I agree that Mac wasn't working out, but it was a lot of the personnel too

So your saying Zajac Kovalchuk Arnott Elias do not have the ability to score? Hell even Rolston has 15+ goal potential. Tedenby has ability.

So your saying Zajac Kovalchuk Arnott Elias do not have the ability to score? Hell even Rolston has 15+ goal potential. Tedenby has ability.

Of course they can, but what is Lemaire really gonna change on the offensive end?

If I'm not mistaken Kovy did really like Lemaire

Of course they can, but what is Lemaire really gonna change on the offensive end?

If I'm not mistaken Kovy did really like Lemaire

Give the team some stability, actually understand how to get offense out of them. Make them a better 5 on 5 team. Lemaire is a hall of fame coach, he has been there and done this.

I think that could be a motivating factor for this move. I can't see guys like Langenbrunner, White, Elias being too happy with Lemaire being back. Neither of those three got along at all the end of last year with Lemaire.

It's funny that you say this as Nick Kypreos on "Hockey Central" today told Dano during his interview that,

"the firing of Maclean was done only to make one player happy---Ilya Kovalchuk".

I think that could be a motivating factor for this move. I can't see guys like Langenbrunner, White, Elias being too happy with Lemaire being back. Neither of those three got along at all the end of last year with Lemaire.

It's funny that you say this as Nick Kypreos on "Hockey Central" today told Dano during his interview that,

"the firing of Maclean was done only to make one player happy---Ilya Kovalchuk".

Give the team some stability, actually understand how to get offense out of them. Make them a better 5 on 5 team. Lemaire is a hall of fame coach, he has been there and done this.

Line combinations should be extremely interesting. What do you guys think they'll look like?

While I love JL, the team tuned him out last year. I don't see this changing anytime soon.

yeah the other guys were really pulling their weight, it was kovalchuk who was the big let down. kypreos still hasn't recovered from the vandenbussche incident.

Maybe we'll see that numb nuts light it up now.

How can Stevens ask these current players to play the game like he did? Andy Green (like Paul Martin) is just not physical, as is Taormina. (they smack players with their European handbags) If we had a decent D corps, this wouldn't have happened.

Sadly, there aren't any in Albany ready for prime time.

It's not playing as he did (first off he's too modest to SAY that out loud) and second off: Steven just played hockey. Any guy can do it and sure some are more skilled but this isn't about lack of skill now.

Stevens understood that you might not be able to teach superb ice sight, but you can certainly make it clear when everyone on ice has their head up their ass. HOW? By CALLING THEM ON IT physically - not merely verbally. Verbally isn't enough for this crew :noclue: You know, and verbal is no fun these are physical guys who understand physical lessons, not all the mental masturbation that's been going on. :blahblah: who needs all this talk? Get on ice DO it or get you body smashed and smashed HARD.

(:unsure: hmmm... sounds sort of fun)

EDIT: this is the key to the whole turn-around and it's going to get burried by more Kovalchuk bitching and stats isn't it? See what I deal with here Scotty? WTF -- and you're of no help anymore.

So who's going to be my hero and say this in a pre or post game interview so I know you heard me?

Edited by Pepperkorn

this is just so fvcking dumb. no player is happy with this move. mac was the coach they wanted. you could say that kovy was the only one happy that its lemaire because he liked him but the move wasn't done for kovalchuk. it was done because mac sucked so fvcking bad and the team didn't respond to him.

kypreos should stick to leafs propaganda because that's all he's good for. him and dreger are essentially burke handpuppets.

While I love JL, the team tuned him out last year. I don't see this changing anytime soon.

Lemaire learns from past mistakes... the question is --- has he seen it? Has he seen what he did wrong and can he adjust?

It can't be worse is the main point.

this is just so fvcking dumb. no player is happy with this move. mac was the coach they wanted. you could say that kovy was the only one happy that its lemaire because he liked him but the move wasn't done for kovalchuk. it was done because mac sucked so fvcking bad and the team didn't respond to him.

kypreos should stick to leafs propaganda because that's all he's good for. him and dreger are essentially burke handpuppets.

At this point, it doesnt matter what the players want. They have no say in who is Coaching the team. Plus, Kovie didnt have enough time to work under Lemaire to even know if he likes him or not. Like the coach or not, hes your boss and you have to listen to what he says.

Edited by msweet
No Personal Attacks

umm regardless of how you saw last season, its a fvck of a lot better than this season.

that said, Lemaire is a fvck of a lot better than Jmac.

this is just so fvcking dumb. no player is happy with this move. mac was the coach they wanted.

you want them to pick their own coach? they can't even win a god damn game, fvck what they want.

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil

Did Kypreos go any further than that?

95 pace from here on out. High 70's in points I think.

Oh misunderstood you.Sorry Sir

This exactly! To put all of this on Kovalchuk is ridiculous!

Didn't Kovalchuk score 40+ each year?? Whatever they do in Atlanta is their business but Bergfors has put up more point than our entire roster except Elias (tied with Kovalchuk), only good for 7th in his team but still good. I referred to progress by the way, no matter how well Bergfors played, Lemaire kept moving him arund even to the fourth line, yet he kept Zharkov and his complete lack of offensive production around for a loooong time.

what Atlanta does what their roster is their business or do you want to compare his stats with the Devils roster. Which is it?

Musical line is a valid concern and there are others. the coach/captain relationship. communication to the team as a whole, sure. But to bitch about the way he treated Bergfors when he is a healthy scratch for 4 out of 5 games in atl (a team with a offense first second and third mentality) even with those offensive numbers, tells me he atl doesn't think he has an all around game, or some other problem(could be injury). I'm just implying that maybe it was Bergfors and not JL.

Kovy did have a point per game under JL last year as well.

the game isn't about O only. Unless that is your philosphy which is why you probably not a fan of Lemaire in the first place.

i'm a huge fan of Lemaire... just seeing how he handles this team has renewed my interest in the season.

that said, the devils will now probably miss out on the larsson or whoever to picks sweepstakes...

yeah, 10 games too late Lou... you picked the wrong coach, for the wrong team, at the wrong time and then fiddled while Rome burned.

MacLean simply drowned...was not anywhere near head coaching material... great guy, decent assistant coach... he needed 5 years at the AHL level as a coach probably.

i agree with DM lemaire needs to kick the sh!t out of this team... can't wait for his pressers.

Did Kypreos go any further than that?

Let me know when Holik say all the players have to look at themselves in the mirror. I'm sure he still sleeping well at night.