thefiestygoat

MacLean has been fired. Confirmed on NJ.com

296 posts in this topic

I think this is what a meeting with Lou is like these days (NSFW):

Edited by Triumph

Hitchock, Hartley, Therrien, Haviland are just a few popping out. It's possible Lou won't be here to decide anyway.

All those guys have never coached the team before. Hence, they are out of contention.

There's some rumors out there that Vanderbeek told Lou that any replacement had to come internally, and he wasn't going to continue to pay off coaches from the payroll.

this is likely just as true as the statement that lemaire made the most sense for where this team is right now.

also - gotta give props to Chere who sort of called this two weeks ago.

I hope Lou's meeting with the players is going something like "the only reason I'm firing the coach is because I tried to get rid of you sacks of sh!t and nobody wanted you".

Same here that would be what needs to be said. Example Rolston!

You're really saying we have bottom-two talent on the ice in the NHL? At some point, you have to blame the system in place.

I didn't say that MacLean wasn't at fault. I wanted him fired as much as anyone else. What I'm saying is that while he's at fault, he isn't the only one. He doesn't deserve a sparkling record, but he certainly doesn't deserve what he got this year. The players failed him as much as he failed them. At the end of the day though, this year will fall squarely on his head, and that's why I feel bad for him.

All those guys have never coached the team before. Hence, they are out of contention.

if i had to guess - muller b/c he's got NJ ties. then again, that could just be more maclean. also, muller might have a deal with the habs to officially succeed martin in the next year or two.

You're really saying we have bottom-two talent on the ice in the NHL? At some point, you have to blame the system in place.

Not necessarily bottom two talent, but weak links in the chain that make the whole thing fall apart. Skating two or three AHL defenseman on any given night, bad chemistry, one good, but underoverperforming pure center, just to name a few.

Edited by Daniel

At least the Devils aren't boring. Welcome back, Billy Martin ... er I mean Jacques.

I can't wait for their Miller Lite commercial.

Lemaire: Tastes great!

Lou: Status quo.

Director: Cut! You're supposed to say "Less filling!" Let's try it again. Action!

Director: Cut! Dammit! That's the 78th take you've ruined! For the last time, your line is "Less filling!"

Lou: Don't worry about my lines.

Not for nothing, but 2 out of the last 4 coaches that were hired were out of organization hires... so, I mean, I hate to barge in and break up your blind "WE ONLY HIRE PPL FROM THE INSIDE" rant, but, smeh.

Lou may not be here. There's some rumors out there that there may be a change in the offseason.

I can't wait for their Miller Lite commercial.

Director: Cut! You're supposed to say "Less filling!" Let's try it again. Action!

Director: Cut! Dammit! That's the 78th take you've ruined! For the last time, your line is "Less filling!"

Lou: Don't worry about my lines.

There is definitely a reason you've won back=to-back Harts, my good sir.

MacLean just wasnt a good coach. Not sure why some people can't wrap their heads around it.

MacLean just wasnt a good coach. Not sure why some people can't wrap their heads around it.

+1.

F JMAC, start shipping the team

Merry Xmas MacLean ! Hope you will enjoy the holiday season...

best part of lou's audio presser was at the end:

reporter: how did the players take the news?

lou: i didn't ask them.

My favorite part of the press conference:

"Lou how did the players take the news?"

"I didn't ask them."

I hope Lou's meeting with the players is going something like "the only reason I'm firing the coach is because I tried to get rid of you sacks of sh!t and nobody wanted you".

^ This. Absolutely. Somewhere there's a captain who needs to call a team meeting and put everybody's ego through a shredder. I see the A-Dweebles and the T-Dweebles aren't doing much better, so glad I didn't have to fork over for minor league season tix this year. Happy Nittel Nacht!

:lol:

Gotta love that guy.

Is it possible to both LOVE and HATE a move?

Lou may not be here. There's some rumors out there that there may be a change in the offseason.

It's time. I think you have to ask yourself why Lou isn't behind the bench. He's done it a couple times before. Why not now? Because he's done here?

LOVE IT.

But Lou really needs to take a long, long look in the mirror for the remainded of this season.