World Juniors Thread - Russia wins the gold. Canada Chokes.

Satans Hockey

2011 Draft

POS NAME Team GP G A PTS +/- SHOTS

RW Gabriel Landeskog SWE 1 1 1 2 3 4

C Sean Couturier CAN 2 0 1 1 2 5

D Adam Larsson SWE 2 0 0 0 3 3

Wish we could draft all three

Current Devil

D Jon Merrill USA 2 0 2 2 0 4

Note...

Sweden will play the game without one of their top forwards. Gabriel Landeskog, who is captain of the OHL's Kitchener Rangers, has been ruled out of tonight's game and his future in the tournament is up in the air.

Landeskog hurt his ankle in his last OHL game against the Guelph Storm and the injury has gotten progressively worse while he has been with Team Sweden. He is expected to undergo an MRI on the injury.

The 18-year old Landeskog is having a superb year for Kitchener with 25 goals and 20 assists in 32 games. He is projected by many to be a top-five pick in next year's NHL Draft.

Edited by justdo3043

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

î dont know so far watching Couturier playing... he's really good but i have a feeling that this year draft is not that great compared to other years... could be just me but i dont know, hes not dominating like tavares was last year

i REALLY think if we have the choice that we pick Larsson... its a no brainer to me... just bought ourselves a proven goal scorer plus parise coming back eventually and all and our struggling D... a franchise Dman is definitly what we should go for...

î dont know so far watching Couturier playing... he's really good but i have a feeling that this year draft is not that great compared to other years... could be just me but i dont know, hes not dominating like tavares was last year

i REALLY think if we have the choice that we pick Larsson... its a no brainer to me... just bought ourselves a proven goal scorer plus parise coming back eventually and all and our struggling D... a franchise Dman is definitly what we should go for...

The question is what kind of ceiling does Larsson have and as a scout and organization do you believe in his upside and talent? Larsson has had some struggles this year and from watching him, he still looks raw. What kind of defenseman can he be? And no Nick Lidstrom comparisons either, that's so unfair to the kid. Couturier looks like a solid 2-way center who may not have as much scoring touch this year but looks like a guy who contributes a lot of minutes and can play on both the PP and PK. I think Landeskog has to be in the convo as well along with a few other guys.

The question is what kind of ceiling does Larsson have and as a scout and organization do you believe in his upside and talent? Larsson has had some struggles this year and from watching him, he still looks raw. What kind of defenseman can he be? And no Nick Lidstrom comparisons either, that's so unfair to the kid. Couturier looks like a solid 2-way center who may not have as much scoring touch this year but looks like a guy who contributes a lot of minutes and can play on both the PP and PK. I think Landeskog has to be in the convo as well along with a few other guys.

well i read that Larsson is the best player coming to the draft in yearrrrs and maybe could be the best ever... well i dont know about that but mehhh.... and that he's better at his age than Hedman and Lidstrom were... its true that it takes longer to develop into a good dman than a forward in the nhl

so basicly from what i read... should we shoot for a possible next coming lidstrom or a next coming eric staal?

well i read that Larsson is the best player coming to the draft in yearrrrs and maybe could be the best ever... well i dont know about that but mehhh.... and that he's better at his age than Hedman and Lidstrom were... its true that it takes longer to develop into a good dman than a forward in the nhl

so basicly from what i read... should we shoot for a possible next coming lidstrom or a next coming eric staal?

i have to agree that couturier in the bubble of the world juniors isn't impressing me like i thought...i haven't seen much of larsson but i am leaning toward him...we could really use a top center but not as much as we need an improved defense

draft class seems like its going to be the weakest since kane went 1st overall...have to keep my fingers crossed

It's 1:30am and Im watching canada/Norway even though i know what the score was...

The USA won their group and will now play the winner of Canada-Switzerland on Monday night. The knockout rounds have now begun.

Tomorrows games are...

3:30pm - Switzerland vs Canada - winner plays USA on Monday at 7:30pm

7:30pm - Finland vs Russia - winner plays Sweden on Monday at 3:30pm

Edited by Satans Hockey