moustic

Rolston

301 posts in this topic

oh well, further torment for everyone I guess. (except the 29 other NHL teams)

well now at least he can be traded, and he said he'd accept a trade to any team

yeah but no one wanted him at $2.5 per, who'd want him at full price AND something going the other way??

:evilcry: :evilcry: :evilcry: :evilcry: :evilcry: :evilcry:

fvck this league.

seriously, since when does Garth Snow have a freaking brain?

Why the hell would anyone trade anything for his full cap hit when they could claim at half price for nothing?

If no team wanted him for free and half his contract, I'm sure there's going to be a long queue of GM's wanting to give assets away for his 5-milion deal. :rolleyes:

He refuses to report to Albany, sits at home, smokes a cigar and laughs every other week when his checks clear.

That or Lou find some way to have him refusing to report as a means to void the contract.

That'd be awesome, but I believe I read TG quoting Rolston (or his agent) saying he would play in Albany if asked.

we would receive another teams garbage in the trade. At this point it's garbage for garbage.

That'd be awesome, but I believe I read TG quoting Rolston (or his agent) saying he would play in Albany if asked.

yeah, he said that to be diplomatic so no one else would think he's a unmotivated dick. now that he knows no one wants him, why bother anymore?

If no team wanted him for free and half his contract, I'm sure there's going to be a long queue of GM's wanting to give assets away for his 5-milion deal. :rolleyes:

Maybe a crap-for-crap, what-the-hell-why-not type deal.

Maybe a crap-for-crap, what-the-hell-why-not type deal.

any teams with a disgruntled defender they're looking to offload?

any teams with a disgruntled defender they're looking to offload?

In a perfect world, I would love it if Lou could somehow trade Rolston for two players (don't care who they are right this second) who combined make about the same $$$ as Rolston does. Of the two, hopefully one comes off the books at the end of this season. If that could happen, I'd be tickled. It'd be a miracle though.

Why bother? The buy has the rest of this year and all of next at 5M that's a whole lot of reasons to play even in Albany.

Every NHL team just agreed to help us rebuild with a high draft pick :cheers:

For once the draft party will be something to really be looking forward to instead of just an excuse for the equipment sale.

lol so much for Lou having a 'plan' when he exposed Rolston to waivers. Not to mention all these teams supposedly interested in him on re-entry.

Even crap for crap trades would be tricky because his contract can't be buried in the minors. Any other 35+'s with a $5 million cap hit that can match up in a deal? :rolleyes:

Why would a team with a bad contract that's coming off the books after this season trade for a guy that's due 5m next year too? What am I missing CR?

For once the draft party will be something to really be looking forward to instead of just an excuse for the equipment sale.

Can't wait...

But still, would a top 3 pick really change the organization next season that much?

But still, would a top 3 pick really change the organization next season that much?

Would entirely depend on who and what they turned out to be if were at the big club right away. Probably not.

Why would a team with a bad contract that's coming off the books after this season trade for a guy that's due 5m next year too? What am I missing CR?

If there's a team that thinks Rolston might still have something left...unfortunately I don't think there's a scout in world who should. Like I said, it'd be a miracle, but if the Devils are on the hook for, say, about 50%-60% of Rolston's salary (due to have keep hypothetical player A, while player B walks) I'd be thrilled.

Time to re-assign him back to Albany. Bring him back up to showcase at the deadline and see what happens.