Burnside

Bonginator11

I have a funny feeling that we're gonna kick ass.

I know it's only been 2 hard practices but you don't know how [positively] it effects them.

I still believe we can get a couple of long winning streaks and get into that 8th seed.

Just my 2 cents.

22 points out with 47 to play. you do realize that means the Devils have earned fewer points than the distance between their place in the standings and the 8 seed?

I have a funny feeling that we're gonna kick ass.

I know it's only been 2 hard practices but you don't know how [positively] it effects them.

I still believe we can get a couple of long winning streaks and get into that 8th seed.

Just my 2 cents.

Do you still believe in the tooth fairy too? How 'bout the Easter bunny?

Agreed. It's not that he happens to be right about the current state of the team. It's the snugness in which he writes. It is painfully obvious to anyone with a brain that he has had it out for the Devils since day one. What is also obvious is how little he truly knows about the game. Sadly for them, that seems to fit the mold for ESPN hockey writers. They are glorified blog writers who just bitch and moan about any team not named Penguins or Rangers.

never said he was inaccurate. just said he loves bashing the Devils at any chance he gets

So y'all r a half empty kinda ppl?

I hope they do it and y'all r going 2 look like idiots when they do.

More like realistic, there's no way a team that hasn't won more than two in a row in an ENTIRE CALENDAR YEAR is going to magically rip off a .750 record the second half of the season, this isn't a cheesy B-movie.

Because this hasn't happened in a generation some of you have no appreciation how big of a hole this is :lol: It's not even that we're behind 22 points, it's that we have to pass seven teams as well, just to get to the eighth seed. And given the fact the projected point total of the eighth seed is 90+ points that makes it much worse, this isn't the NBA where you can make the playoffs with a 35-47 record.

More like realistic, there's no way a team that hasn't won more than two in a row in an ENTIRE CALENDAR YEAR is going to magically rip off a .750 record the second half of the season, this isn't a cheesy B-movie.

Because this hasn't happened in a generation some of you have no appreciation how big of a hole this is :lol: It's not even that we're behind 22 points, it's that we have to pass seven teams as well, just to get to the eighth seed. And given the fact the projected point total of the eighth seed is 90+ points that makes it much worse, this isn't the NBA where you can make the playoffs with a 35-47 record.

It's only one person in this thread who thinks this is going to be end like the first Major League. The rest of us are firmly grounded in reality.

Agreed. It's not that he happens to be right about the current state of the team. It's the snugness in which he writes. It is painfully obvious to anyone with a brain that he has had it out for the Devils since day one. What is also obvious is how little he truly knows about the game. Sadly for them, that seems to fit the mold for ESPN hockey writers. They are glorified blog writers who just bitch and moan about any team not named Penguins or Rangers.

Burnside has been making the same prediction about the Devils for the last five seasons. Yes, he finally got it right this season...he's probably telling everyone who'll listen "See...I knew it all along!"

Like Opie and Anthony used to say "You don't go to CNN to hear dick jokes; don't listen to us to hear hard-hitting news." In that same vein, I don't go to ESPN for legitimate hockey talk.

• Like 1

It's only one person in this thread who thinks this is going to be end like the first Major League. The rest of us are firmly grounded in reality.

The funny thing about that comment is for most of the season the Devils have reminded me of the Indians from the second Major League movie. A collosal dissapointment who didn't compete and had off-field issues.