GDT: YOUR NEW JERSEY DEVILS VS NY RANGERS 12/29 7PM

ThreeCups

i wont miss rolston's dogging it on shift after shift, his shots wide of the net, and lack of energy.

i laughed out loud literally at work reading his quotes to TG on twitter.

excited to get a 2nd chance? kiss my ass, you should have been viewing each season as a 2nd chance, you took your contract for granted, took advantage of the salary and the team paid the price with his complete and utter lack of productivity.

good riddance, he's was better at armed robbery than John Dillinger.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when the Rock was being built, didn't they have to tear up a very old cemetary on that plot of land? I thought I read that somewhere. That might explain the luck this team has had since moving to Newark.

You son of a bitch! You moved the cemetery, but you left the bodies, didn't you? You son of a bitch, you left the bodies and you only moved the headstones! You-only-moved-the-headstones! Why? Why?

Edited by xxchaznjxx

ladies, gentelmen, and all you other people, the positive to take away from this:

this time tomorrow, Brian Rolston will be off our hands and we'll have $2.5 million more in cap space

Whoopdie damn doo...not like we need the cap space this year with Parise likely out for the whole season now and Salvador having the 'Stevens flu'. Bye bye one guy who can't score a goal, hello twenty more.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Ugh. Was at the game. Ranger fans were intolerable.

Devils may have had a ton of shots, but they were not all of the quality variety, and it just appears that the players are like chickens without heads sometimes in the offensive zone. Very disappointing.

Marty had a decent game and made a couple really good saves, but once again it's that softie goal he lets in that kills us, right after we finally scored a goal first.

Kovalchuk had a poor game and something that's starting to piss me off with him is a growing lack of effort of reaching for pucks or ambivalence at keeping pucks in possession in the neutral zone when he clearly has an able reach to get it. He alligator-armed a couple times where he had the chance to keep a puck in or grab it in the offensive zone and literally just stood there or loafed. He also had several more giveaways. He and Zajac continue to have minimal chemistry when on a line together.

I still cannot fathom that Lou Lamoriello gave David Clarkson 2.6 million per year for 3 years. Just cannot fathom it. Corrente needs to play from here on out and Fayne can be let go or sent back down.

Devils need to move quickly and sell off Arnott and Langenbrunner immediately, like tomorrow. Arnott took a couple big hits and looked like he was flexing his left shin toward the end of the game. Last thing we need to this season is lose either one to injury and end up getting nothing in return.

Kovalchuk has the hockey IQ of an ape on ecstacy. He's is so fvcking stupid it drives me insane.

You've just described like fifteen players on the team. There was no reason for like THREE Devils to converge on a single Ranger player (and somehow not get the puck or deflect the pass) before Boyle's goal, and there's no reason for Clarkson to do just about anything he does.

how many times this year did we score... just to see Marty giving up a softy within a minute after... ?

Marty got the third star lol. Kind of dubious but hey it partially makes up for all the times he got jipped out of one cause of our 'system'.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Kovalchuk had a poor game and something that's starting to piss me off with him is a growing lack of effort of reaching for pucks or ambivalence at keeping pucks in possession in the neutral zone when he clearly has an able reach to get it. He alligator-armed a couple times where he had the chance to keep a puck in or grab it in the offensive zone and literally just stood there or loafed. He also had several more giveaways.

Infuriating.

Better.

I'm sure a lot of what we saw has alrady been said.

I think one thing that stood out to me, was when Lemaire has talked about being out of shape...You'd have to think that the third period was an example of what he was talking about. We ran out of gas and shots. Of course the Rangers clamped down, but you'd have to think that was a part of it.

Refs were fine tonight, but I would love to know what Arnott said. It's still makes me angry that a ref gave a 17 year veteran in the league an unsportmanlike after a second in a close game like that. I don't pay to see the referees.

I thought we had some quality chances, but not enough...of course.

Things looked better. Zharkov was more effective overall than Rolly. Good to see someone with speed at least.

I can watch Tedenby, Zharkov make mistakes. I can't watch Jamie, Arnott and Clarkson anymore. I just can't. It's terrible.

was at the game tonight too. the energy and heart from the team was there. unfortunately so were some mental lapses which ultimately cost us the game.

Some thoughts:

1) yes even though the Boyle goal was terrible on Marty's part, we didn't need three guys to converge on the same player. still, after all that work to score the first goal, that soft goal by marty was an absolute killer.

2) Arnott had an awful game and Zajac and Kovy weren't far behind. And I don't care if Clarkson needs lessons from friggin Kristi Yamaguchi - that fool needs to learn how to skate.

3) Tedenby scoring on the breakaway would've changed the game in my opinion.

4) while the cycling was good tonight - they gotta take more shots when given the opportunity, especially on the PP.

5) positive from tonight? watching Avery get owned time and time again.

6) and yes, the Rags fans around me really pissed me off.

Tri - I wanted to shoot myself over what I perceived to major ice time for Sestito/Pelley/Mair. Am I wrong? Or was it everytime I saw them on the ice against Gaborik I wanted to jump from the balcony?

Pelley and Mair have been positives. Gaborik only had a few scoring chances, maybe only one that was really good and Marty made a nice save on it.

I may get flamed for saying this, but Pelley's been a solid checking line player and I'll take Adam Mair at 500k over David Clarkson at 2.6 mil. Mair is a better hockey player.

Tri - I wanted to shoot myself over what I perceived to major ice time for Sestito/Pelley/Mair. Am I wrong? Or was it everytime I saw them on the ice against Gaborik I wanted to jump from the balcony?

Mair 10:45, Pelley 11:33, Sestito 14:22

It seemed like they were out there a lot cause Lemaire threw their line on the ice at the start of every period. A couple of them kill penalties PLUS they were out there with two minutes left in the game after our awry power play. That's one of the problems when you use nine forwards and don't score, you really have little choice but to put them out next unless you use them on the power play.

was at the game tonight too. the energy and heart from the team was there. unfortunately so were some mental lapses which ultimately cost us the game.

Some thoughts:

1) yes even though the Boyle goal was terrible on Marty's part, we didn't need three guys to converge on the same player. still, after all that work to score the first goal, that soft goal by marty was an absolute killer.

2) Arnott had an awful game and Zajac and Kovy weren't far behind. And I don't care if Clarkson needs lessons from friggin Kristi Yamaguchi - that fool needs to learn how to skate.

3) Tedenby scoring on the breakaway would've changed the game in my opinion.

4) while the cycling was good tonight - they gotta take more shots when given the opportunity, especially on the PP.

5) positive from tonight? watching Avery get owned time and time again.

6) and yes, the Rags fans around me really pissed me off.

Clarkson needs more than just skating lessons, he needs to learn how to shoot the puck, and how to pass.

And Arnott's game tonight reinforces why Lou needs to move him and Langs now before it's too late.

Pelley and Mair have been positives. Gaborik only had a few scoring chances, maybe only one that was really good and Marty made a nice save on it.

I may get flamed for saying this, but Pelley's been a solid checking line player and I'll take Adam Mair at 500k over David Clarkson at 2.6 mil. Mair is a better hockey player.

pelley and mair have gotten crushed. it hasn't helped being with sestito. mair is not a better hockey player than clarkson, sorry.

Clarkson needs more than just skating lessons, he needs to learn how to shoot the puck, and how to pass.

And Arnott's game tonight reinforces why Lou needs to move him and Langs now before it's too late.

arnott and langenbrunner aren't going anywhere until the deadline.

pelley and mair have gotten crushed. it hasn't helped being with sestito. mair is not a better hockey player than clarkson, sorry.

Did Mills fair any better Tri territorially?

I wish there was a way we could trade from some adequate fourth line grinders, with some size wouldn't hurt.

They aren't going anywhere if they get hurt before then either and both are in their mid-30's so that's always a danger of waiting. Wisniewski just got moved for a second and a fifth, teams might be more apt to make deals earlier this year since there's ridiculous parity in the NHL right now and so many of them are bunched together.