ghdi

GDT 1/1/11 - New Jersey Devils at Carolina Hurricanes 7pm

118 posts in this topic

IMO, Brodeur has never been a good rebound control goaltender even in his prime. However, he had Daneyko, Stevens and Neids to clean up those messes more often then not.

I disagree. Brodeur was one of the best at controlling his rebounds in his prime. In fact this was one of the biggest differences between having Brodeur in net and a backup.

1 person likes this

Well, this is what happens when you sign Kovy. All he does is sabotage the team, I mean it's pretty obvious he sabotaged Marty's pads so can't control a rebound. Just like in Atlanta, he just heckled the defense the whole game, swapped players skates around, i mean just look at tonight, he obviously messed up Corrente's equipment.

15-0 15-0 15-0

If we're gonna be bad, lets be BADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.

At this point why the heck not.

This damn Hyundai commercial just makes everything worse.

I wish the Capital One viking guys would come onto the screen and decapitate those two fvckers.

Moose isn't the answer.

That's why he gets paid as the backup. Marty is supposed to be the starter.

Marty shouldn't have eaten at Fuddruckers today. Look at him weezing and puffing out there.

Speaking of draft picks, I think we should go with Couturier over Larsson. Larsson looked overpowered by Team Canada yesterday, plus he would take at least 2 years to see any playing time in the NHL. Couts could see action as soon as next season.

Five games into the Lemaire tenure and they're still a joke. But yeah, MacLean was the only problem. START TRADING GUYS PLEASE!

All the good they accomplished in the last two games blew up in eight minutes. Way to go team! :clap::rolleyes:

Edited by NJDevs4978

Nice job Pelley, plugger gets a goal.

RETIRE MARTY! clap clap clapclapclap

1 person likes this

I disagree. Brodeur was one of the best at controlling his rebounds in his prime. In fact this was one of the biggest differences between having Brodeur in net and a backup.

I disagree. Brodeur left a fair share of rebounds in his prime as well. He relied on the D to clear it out or corral them when he did and he had many quality D to do that. Much like a Quarterback who throws to a specific "spot" on the field and expects the reciever to be there to catch it.

When he was in control of rebounds, they went into the corner (or off to the left or right of the goal).

When Brodeur is "on" he doesn't flop, flail, dive, kick/deflect rebounds out or back in the net towards shooters.

IMO, Brodeur's struggles are just as much due to what's in front of him as his own doing.

Well at least we can rest assured that no one would complain if Pelley/Mair/Sestito was our 4th line next year.

IMO, Brodeur has never been a good rebound control goaltender even in his prime. However, he had Daneyko, Stevens and Neids to clean up those messes more often then not.

Very good point

I don't think i've seen a Devils goal since the time they played LA early in the year. The games are so non compelling and I only have them here on the computer and i just get distracted, whether by the TV or some article or music or whatever. I just have it on in the background and check on the score. I don't know what's happened to me I used to love it so much.

The way the game is going hopefully the final score is 4-2. That's a win in my book. More than one one goal in two consecutive games=WIN!!!