Anyone see Bettman at the game tonight?

JustinZ

You don't tell YOU SUCK at anyone to their face. It's ok to vent in the privacy of your own home, but to throw a you suck at Gary - when you have almost ZERO INFORMATION AS TO WHAT he has to deal with is crazy.

Im sorry, is this a new rule? i didnt get the memo lol...So i cant yell you suck to a person who has screwed this team over many times unless I know his daily life struggles? lol. New Jersey Puritans indeed.

I find it so funny how everyone quickly forgets the sh!t betteman put us through. And Lou did not accept it willingly Manta. Lou also works in his league. The fans do not. The fans keep his league running.

I swear sometimes it seems like we have the softest fans in the league

Edited by devlman

Im sorry, is this a new rule? i didnt get the memo lol...So i cant yell you suck to a person who has screwed this team over many times unless I know his daily life struggles? lol. New Jersey Puritans indeed.

I find it so funny how everyone quickly forgets the sh!t betteman put us through. And Lou did not accept it willingly Manta. Lou also works in his league. The fans do not. The fans keep his league running.

I swear sometimes it seems like we have the softest fans in the league

It's not a rule, you dope. It's common decency. Why should I expect most people to have it?

Many times he screwed them over...Many? MANY?

Ask around - most of the league considers us to get away with murder with some of our policies, and the contract trades we made like Malakhov to San Jose for Alex Korolyuk. And so on and so forth.

It's not a rule, you dope. It's common decency. Why should I expect most people to have it?

Many times he screwed them over...Many? MANY?

Ask around - most of the league considers us to get away with murder with some of our policies, and the contract trades we made like Malakhov to San Jose for Alex Korolyuk. And so on and so forth.

Its not common decency you queen. He runs the league we want to thrive. No one is going up to a random person on the street and yelling you suck. Maybe in your fairy world we should ban all fans from saying you suck or anything negative at any sporting event. But in the real world its about him screwing with something we all care about. I think he can handle it.

Yes, many times.

Ask around, hahaha. Same person who says we have zero information about Gary Betteman to express an opinion is now claiming to have insider information about club policies...love the 'and so forth' part. Usually means nothing else to add.

Its not common decency you queen. He runs the league we want to thrive. No one is going up to a random person on the street and yelling you suck. Maybe in your fairy world we should ban all fans from saying you suck or anything negative at any sporting event. But in the real world its about him screwing with something we all care about. I think he can handle it.

Yes, many times.

Ask around, hahaha. Same person who says we have zero information about Gary Betteman to express an opinion is now claiming to have insider information about club policies...love the 'and so forth' part. Usually means nothing else to add.

No, yelling YOU SUCK at a guy watching a hockey game is decent.

Actually you are pretty much going up to a random person and telling them they suck, when your 12 year old brain has no idea what goes on outside Tom Gulitti's comment section.

Actually it's been documented by reporters how the league wasn't thrilled with our salary trades/demotions at the start of this CBA. It's also been documented by reporters how the league isn't thrilled with some of our PR policies, which have gotten better recently - but nonetheless.

Would 'excuse me sir, but i highly disagree with your policies' have been better? We should change our name to the New Jersey Puritans. People are getting upset over yelling you suck to a man who certainly does and has royally screwed our franchise around so often? wow....lets bring our red carpet and manners for him next time :rolleyes:

Come on now, there's a big difference between the crowd randomly chanting 'player X' sucks when he's on the ice and going out of your way it to someone's face. I don't like Brian Rolston but if I saw him with his family am I going to chant he sucks to his face? There is a certain civility you have to follow in personal interactions that you don't have to follow when you're in the stands a safe distance away.

And not to drag this discussion into the politics forum but how kindly do you people really think someone would look at you if you said 'Hey Obama, you suck!' to his face...or Bush when he was president? You would most likely be detained and questioned at the very least. The op should just consider himself lucky all he got was a stern warning and not an ejection.

Come on now, there's a big difference between the crowd randomly chanting 'player X' sucks when he's on the ice and going out of your way it to someone's face. I don't like Brian Rolston but if I saw him with his family am I going to chant he sucks to his face? There is a certain civility you have to follow in personal interactions that you don't have to follow when you're in the stands a safe distance away.

And not to drag this discussion into the politics forum but how kindly do you people really think someone would look at you if you said 'Hey Obama, you suck!' to his face...or Bush when he was president? You would most likely be detained and questioned at the very least. The op should just consider himself lucky all he got was a stern warning and not an ejection.

Congressman Joe Wilson of North Carolina pretty much did that during the State of the Union and was lauded by all the Teabaggers in their medicare covered Rascal Scooters. It just goes to show you sports, politics, etc., the level of decorum has gone down the tubes in the country. No wonder birds are dropping from the sky right and left.

No, yelling YOU SUCK at a guy watching a hockey game is decent.

Actually you are pretty much going up to a random person and telling them they suck, when your 12 year old brain has no idea what goes on outside Tom Gulitti's comment section.

Actually it's been documented by reporters how the league wasn't thrilled with our salary trades/demotions at the start of this CBA. It's also been documented by reporters how the league isn't thrilled with some of our PR policies, which have gotten better recently - but nonetheless.

Yeah the same guy calling for common decency is name calling. Makes perfect sense. And I'm the 12 yr old...

You're not really grasping the context here. If you think saying you suck to betteman is the same as doing to someone on the street then you're an idiot. I can't argue w someone who thinks like that.

Oh so you're gona conveniently cite media speculation as your basis for having an opinion on club policies? Ah I see. So media speculation validate things for you, but actual facts like Betteman stating he wants to move us to Nashville, or his poor communication w the devils and its fans, and subsequent penalties doled out to us, don't work for you. You keep living in that fairy world of yours...

Right but the president, whoever it may be, isn't trying to purposefully screw people over or contract your city lol. It's not very comparable. Brian rolston on the other hand would not be booed by me because he's not trying to screw us over. That said, if someone wanted to say that to his face then that goes w the lucrative profession he's in.

Yeah the same guy calling for common decency is name calling. Makes perfect sense. And I'm the 12 yr old...

You're not really grasping the context here. If you think saying you suck to betteman is the same as doing to someone on the street then you're an idiot. I can't argue w someone who thinks like that.

Oh so you're gona conveniently cite media speculation as your basis for having an opinion on club policies? Ah I see. So media speculation validate things for you, but actual facts like Betteman stating he wants to move us to Nashville, or his poor communication w the devils and its fans, and subsequent penalties doled out to us, don't work for you. You keep living in that fairy world of yours...

I know you are but what am I?

You know John McMullen was the one who was going to move the team right?

Also one example of this was the Devils going home in between playoff games one season, I believe they were fined.

You don't know Bettman from the hole in your head. The guy has a job, he does it. From Gary's POV - Why should the Devils be around? They've only won 15 years in a row, and no one shows up and have struggled to stay in the black.

Oh and keep calling me gay. I appreciate it. f@g f@g just say it..I GET IT. FAIRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

Right but the president, whoever it may be, isn't trying to purposefully screw people over or contract your city lol. It's not very comparable. Brian rolston on the other hand would not be booed by me because he's not trying to screw us over. That said, if someone wanted to say that to his face then that goes w the lucrative profession he's in.

Also how do you know the President doesn't try to screw people?

George Bush doesn't care about black people, don't you know that.

Edited by HellOnICE

No it's not the same because if you said it to a random person on the street it would likely lead to fisticuffs.

Right but the president, whoever it may be, isn't trying to purposefully screw people over or contract your city lol.

Some people argue that Obama is trying to contract big business and screw successful people :P Believe me, people on both sides of the aisle have justifiable personal beefs with every president.

Besides, whatever Bettman did against the Devils, it was against the Devils. It wasn't against you or me personally just because we happen to root for the team.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I know you are but what am I?

You know John McMullen was the one who was going to move the team right?

Also one example of this was the Devils going home in between playoff games one season, I believe they were fined.

You don't know Bettman from the hole in your head. The guy has a job, he does it. From Gary's POV - Why should the Devils be around? They've only won 15 years in a row, and no one shows up and have struggled to stay in the black.

Oh and keep calling me gay. I appreciate it. f@g f@g just say it..I GET IT. FAIRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

Also how do you know the President doesn't try to screw people?

George Bush doesn't care about black people, don't you know that.

Come now, Mr. common decency. The language and antics you use to debate are not living up to your lofty standards.

Youre absolutely right. Gary is great. He loves the Devils. I will respect him at all times. Youre also right in that the Devils have no business being around either. We should be fined a draft pick every time we have a crowd less than 13k. Anytime they bring in a star player they and their fans should be treated with no respect.

Oooh Lou fined players for breaking the playoff-hotel policy one time? Great tidbit that doesnt explain how saying You suck to betteman is uncalled for. You have less evidence on what other clubs think about the Devils' policies than I do regarding Betteman's miserable performance as commish....far, far less. So turn around on your high horse preacher

Edited by devlman

No it's not the same because if you said it to a random person on the street it would likely lead to fisticuffs.

Lol well there are a million permutations to that. Gary can throw the OP out of the game if he wanted...

Some people argue that Obama is trying to contract big business and screw successful people :P Believe me, people on both sides of the aisle have justifiable personal beefs with every president.

Besides, whatever Bettman did against the Devils, it was against the Devils. It wasn't against you or me personally just because we happen to root for the team.

If president x went on record as saying he wants everyone in Topeka to move, then decided to heavily tax only that city then I would expect people of Topeka to say something to him if he ever visited. But the whole president thing is a little iffy because, like you said, people will always have some beef with whoever is the president.

You and I love the Devils and any unfair action to them is at least going to affect me. The emotional connect to the team is too much to not say something, especially considering I dont see betteman every day. Anyway, the OP simply said you suck, its not like he threw a brick at him.

Edited by devlman

Come now, Mr. common decency. The language and antics you use to debate are not living up to your lofty standards.

Youre absolutely right. Gary is great. He loves the Devils. I will respect him at all times. Youre also right in that the Devils have no business being around either. We should be fined a draft pick every time we have a crowd less than 13k. Anytime they bring in a star player they and their fans should be treated with no respect.

Oooh Lou fined players for breaking the playoff-hotel policy one time? Great tidbit that doesnt explain how saying You suck to betteman is uncalled for. You have less evidence on what other clubs think about the Devils' policies than I do regarding Betteman's miserable performance as commish....far, far less. So turn around on your high horse preacher

ACtually no, the team was fined because it left (was it Ottawa or Toronto) between 2 playoff games to go home - which is against the rules. Bettman fined the team - IIRC.

MIserable performance as commisioner...yea like higher ratings, more money, OLympics/NHL, and a growing league. Winter Classic, HBO....I think he's doing a decent job all things considered.

ACtually no, the team was fined because it left (was it Ottawa or Toronto) between 2 playoff games to go home - which is against the rules. Bettman fined the team - IIRC.

MIserable performance as commisioner...yea like higher ratings, more money, OLympics/NHL, and a growing league. Winter Classic, HBO....I think he's doing a decent job all things considered.

I dont want to get into an evaluate Gary Betteman's tenure right now. But just the things you listed like higher ratings (they couldnt have gotten any worse than Gary had gotten them), winter classic (not Gary's idea...he piggeybacked off the heritage classic and cold war games), HBO (again not his idea or doing), Olympics (he actually prefers NOT to have NHLers in the games if i recall correctly. Even if thats true, how on earth does he take credit for the Olympics?), are all mostly independent of his influence. He does get credit for screwing the Devils over many times. And if he has to put up with a 'you suck' then boohoo. Cry me a river.

Edited by devlman

Oh right right, just because they happened under his watch as commissioner...doesn't mean he's not responsible for them. I GET IT.

So Heritage Classic, which happened 10 years into his reign as Commis...he shouldn't get credit for?

He doesn't want them in the olympics? Really? Why does he go then? Why do they promote it?

Many times? When is this many times. Aside from the KOvalchuk thing...when has Gary targeted the Devils. Really?

you're not going to get anywhere arguing with bettman haters. they think he's responsible for everything bad and has nothing to do with anything good.

that said, i am convinced half of our fan base lives in that trailer park from 'the wrestler'.

Unless you can prove it with corsi on ice time during Wednesday games its not true. You can pretend to be a smart elitist all you want but you're hardly one.

• Like 1

Oh right right, just because they happened under his watch as commissioner...doesn't mean he's not responsible for them. I GET IT.

So Heritage Classic, which happened 10 years into his reign as Commis...he shouldn't get credit for?

He doesn't want them in the olympics? Really? Why does he go then? Why do they promote it?

Many times? When is this many times. Aside from the KOvalchuk thing...when has Gary targeted the Devils. Really?

there is a trapezoid rule isnt there?

im sure other goalies always play the puck....

Sorry I thought Bob Clarke-influenced and the rules committe did the trapezoid...clearly Bettman sits on those...oh he doesn't?

What happened to if it was under his watch then he gets the credit? You just conveniently pick and choose anything to fit youre arguement, even if its clearly hypocritical

Well the Devils do have some responsibility in that and two again we have NO INFORMATION as to what kind of pressure the administration was on from other owners - who again, employ gary.

What a copout. I'm sure the owners didn't have a gun to Bettman's head to crucify us. He did it because he is an a-hole...plain and simple

Edited by ThreeCups

It was bogus contract and Lou knew it. The league had to make a statement to the other GM's. The Devils accepted the penalties so should you.

Make a statement? It was practically the same thing as several other contracts. If Kovy signed that contract to join the Pens, Bettman would be stroking himself in his office. I don't think the Devils "accepted" these penalties happily. What could we do in that situation?!?!?

Edited by ThreeCups