No Marty tomorrow vs. Philly

sundstrom

per TG Twitter.

wow. i guess this is the beginning of the message for marty. not that i think there's a market for him AT ALL, but it would be interesting if he takes this personally and starts looking to go.

at the very least, hopefully it allows them to get a true goaltender next year to play 1/2 the games and take the mantle.

• Like 1

per TG Twitter.

wow. i guess this is the beginning of the message for marty. not that i think there's a market for him AT ALL, but it would be interesting if he takes this personally and starts looking to go.

at the very least, hopefully it allows them to get a true goaltender next year to play 1/2 the games and take the mantle.

Agreed all points.

(love marty, but secretly hoping he gets moved)

Good. Let Brodeur get over his injury, broken-heart, lost confidence etc & hopefully come back to regular form in a couple of weeks.

He says he doesn't like losing, so my guess is he'll like riding the pine even less.

I'm just hoping for a competetive team after the all-star break.

Marty isnt going anywhere. That is the dumbest fvcking thing this board has come up with all season. Marty will never ever leave NJ. He is going to finish his career here in NJ. :rolleyes:

i would say you are 95% accurate. but it's the first time anything like this has happened. i'm not about to let this turn into another marty sucks vs. marty's the best argument. just commenting that it's a change.

and marty getting traded would be good for this franchise going forward. that's not to say i'd be pissed if he finished his career here or am saying he should be a good soldier and do anything other than what he wants. he has earned that right.

Has anyone, besides Pens management, ever said that they like losing?

i would say you are 95% accurate. but it's the first time anything like this has happened. i'm not about to let this turn into another marty sucks vs. marty's the best argument. just commenting that it's a change.

and marty getting traded would be good for this franchise going forward. that's not to say i'd be pissed if he finished his career here or am saying he should be a good soldier and do anything other than what he wants. he has earned that right.

I feel there's a bit of a "cutting Mother's apron strings" in your statement concerning trading Marty being good for the franchise.

I feel Marty to Montreal is still a good option for everyone involved. I don't think it would sting him that badly if Marty was sent to play in his home town. Unless catastrophe strikes, Montreal is headed to the playoffs and they're not going to want Alex Auld backing up Carey price, who may or may not show up.

I'm glad at least they aren't scapegoating Hedberg for that ludicruous bounce yesterday if nothing else :P

Why would he take it personally since he admitted he both didn't deserve to play based on results and kind of needed a mental break (which doesn't surprise me considering this is the first time anythign like this has ever happened to Marty).

I think the only way a trade happens this year is if Lou tells Marty he (Lou) is going to step away at the end of the season and asks him if he wants to be moved. Otherwise I think Lou and Marty will both be committed to having him finish out his contract and at least giving him a fresh start next year.

Right I agree with you. I think marty getting traded would deff benefit the franchise more so then him staying. Thats a given. Marty means to much to this franchise. It would be like Ovechkin just bombing for about 2 seasons in a row and progressively getting worse each week and then Washington putting him up for sale. It wouldnt happen. To many fans have Marty jerseys, to many fans have been watching sicne Marty came onto the team (me being one).

Im not against him leaving for some good players/picks in return. Trust me. It just isnt going to happen.

Right I agree with you. I think marty getting traded would deff benefit the franchise more so then him staying. Thats a given. Marty means to much to this franchise. It would be like Ovechkin just bombing for about 2 seasons in a row and progressively getting worse each week and then Washington putting him up for sale. It wouldnt happen. To many fans have Marty jerseys, to many fans have been watching sicne Marty came onto the team (me being one).

Im not against him leaving for some good players/picks in return. Trust me. It just isnt going to happen.

I might not happen but it isn't put of the realm of possibility. Look at Calgary, Feaster has been given carte blanche with players.

Fixed.

brutal.

I would be sick to my stomach if Brody EVER wore another teams jersey. Even Montreal, which I concede would be the most likely place he would go IF he were to ever play anywhere else.

The dude is having a nightmare season. ok. But I DO NOT want him to be moved no matter what the potential "benefit" we'd be getting. I want him between the pipes til he retires and hopefully he gets his groove back and backstops us to another cup or two if he decides to stay here for more then one more. :evil::koolaid::cheers: