DevsFan7545

Langenbrunner to Dallas. 3rd round conditional pick coming back

444 posts in this topic

I am confident that he will be retained by Dallas.

Niewy likes him, he can be had for a reasonable ammount of money afte this year.

I guess again it depends on Jamie and if he wants to move his family down there permanently.

So we get a conditional pick and about 10 fewer brutal, boneheaded, awful, Pee-Wee level mistakes per game? WIN!

Well then Zachy's going to have to accept that his wubie is gone and be a big boy about it. They can still be friends on Facebook.

If Zach signs a 1 year and goes UFA that would be a mistake of epic proportions on Lou's part.

Again, the ball is in Zach's court. I don't think he would hire a new agent if he had intentions of re-signing here.

If am his new agent, I see this as Zach's biggest opportunity to make the big bucks and go to a contender.

So we get a conditional pick and about 10 fewer brutal, boneheaded, awful, Pee-Wee level mistakes per game? WIN!

Did you watch last night's game? It made fvck-all difference!

Langenbrunner was going to be a UFA, so unless the Devils re-signed him his salary wouldn't hinder the signing of Parise.

I meant trying to sign him right now, or as soon as possible, before teams can offer anything to Parise when he becomes RFA

Josefsen will get some ice time now!

He shouls do anyway, they want him playing at Center, so this doesn't really have much effect on JJ's ice time.

Plus knowing JL's fondness for young swedish players (after typing that it sounds wrong :whistling: ) JJ can expect to see a load of ice time..................... in Albany.

Geez... Makes u wonder what the flyers offered then? A 8th and 9th round pick or what?

Did you watch last night's game? It made fvck-all difference!

You mean to tell me that removing one of many problems from the worst team in the league didn't immediately turn it into an unbeatable juggernaut?! OH NOES!!!

:rolleyes:

On the one hand, I'm not happy with the return, but on the other hand, he has 7 non-EN goals in his last 56 games and makes nearly $3 million a year - how much could we expect back? It all depended on whether teams were going to buy into the gritty mcgrit thing.

You mean to tell me that removing one of many problems from the worst team in the league didn't immediately turn it into an unbeatable juggernaut?! OH NOES!!!

This

Didn't help anything: To quote Lou everything was, "Status Quo."

Feel like we should have gotten more back....

On the one hand, I'm not happy with the return, but on the other hand, he has 7 non-EN goals in his last 56 games and makes nearly $3 million a year - how much could we expect back? It all depended on whether teams were going to buy into the gritty mcgrit thing.

Don't forget he scored the GWG in the last game of the season against Buffalo last year which guaranteed we would play Philly when we should have played Boston.

Geez... Makes u wonder what the flyers offered then? A 8th and 9th round pick or what?

The Flyers probably offered something better, but neither Langs nor Lou wanted a trade with them.

1. Its great Langs is finally gone. He has presided over 3 monumental playoff failures (Losing to our two biggest rivals in 5 games, with the Devils showing no heart or competitiveness in both series, and blowing the series vs Carolina). We also needed to shed salary and get younger.

2. I think we couldve at least gotten a 2nd rd pick for him

3. This could give us some room to get Salvador back in the lineup when he gets healthy (presuming hes still not, and actually out due to injury and not cap issues)

What an awful return. I wanted Jamie gone, but he should have had some real (2nd round) value. We gave up what will turn into essentially a late 1st rounder for Arnott -- I don't see their values being that different (to a non-Devils team where Jamie wasn't pouting for the last 11 months). What value have the Devils ever pulled out of the 3rd round? Nevermind -- they usually can't do sh!t with their first round pick.

I hope Vanderbeek has let Lou know that the clock is ticking and he's not pleased with recent performances. What a sh!tshow the last year or so has been. He had a shot to do something new and progressive about a year and a half ago... then he hired Jacques Lemaire.

Josefsen will get some ice time now!

a) isn't he still injured?

b) we have Jacques Lemaire. I bet he'd still have Stamkos in the minors because of the age.

:argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:

Clarkson has shown that he can be a good 4th liner as of late. However, he's a grossly overpaid 4th liner.

What an awful return. I wanted Jamie gone, but he should have had some real (2nd round) value. We gave up what will turn into essentially a late 1st rounder for Arnott -- I don't see their values being that different (to a non-Devils team where Jamie wasn't pouting for the last 11 months). What value have the Devils ever pulled out of the 3rd round? Nevermind -- they usually can't do sh!t with their first round pick.

5 out of the devils last 6 1st round picks dating back to 2002 appear to be NHL players. That's Parise, Zajac, Bergfors, Tedenby, and Josefson.

Two of the Devils' best prospects, Adam Henrique and Alex Urbom, were 3rd round picks.

Langenbrunner was going to be a UFA, so unless the Devils re-signed him his salary wouldn't hinder the signing of Parise.

Correct, but you were still paying him real American dollars. This was simply a cost cutting move, as much as it was moving an aging vet that feuded with the coach, earlier the better as far as Vanderbeek was concerned. JVB has spent WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY more than what was budgeted for this team for 2010-11. Why do you think Lemaire is back coaching? Free is free.

I can't believe people are bitching about the return for Langs, What did anyone honestly expect? He's not a top 6 forward and he has one year left on his contract. If we were the ones trading for him do you think we'd give up more than a third? Well we potentially got a 2nd round pick, so shaddup everyone.