DevsFan7545

Langenbrunner to Dallas. 3rd round conditional pick coming back

444 posts in this topic

you think he'd have been worth more at the deadline? i'm confused here.

depends on the team and the way the season goes but he might have been worth more to the right team, yes. the possibility of more injuries and the need to get into the postseason, plus the diminished amount of cap room and salary he would take up.

i mean it's not likely his play is going to turn around any time soon, so keeping him in the hopes of maybe scoring a C grade prospect or better 2nd round pick would have been silly.

Edited by Triumph

depends on the team and the way the season goes but he might have been worth more to the right team.

Max return value probably would have come at the deadline, IMO. But, at this point, it seems like there must have been implied value in just getting him away from the team ASAP.

I don't think the value we got is too bad, considering how badly his play deteriorated and how limited the field of bidders was thanks to the NTC. That last element alone will always drag down returns.

Lou sounded oddly nervous on the conf. call... anyone notice that or am i crazy?

With Langenbrunner having said no to waiving his NTC twice already this year Lou may have felt he needs to move Langs while he is willing to say yes, as well.

i want to hear this confirmed, but if its a 3rd conditionally becoming a 2nd, lou did a bad job. that's really terrible when you consider that every other player dealt over the last two years has gotten at least a 2nd and that wisnewski got a 2nd and a 5th.

This may have been said already, but I have a feeling this deal was like the Pandolfo buyout... Lou wanted to "do right" by Langenbrunner, especially since he has a NTC, rather than just ship him out.

Hmmm ... makes me wonder how many Langs stories are gonna start popping up now that he's gone.

"there was this one time, at band camp..."

1 person likes this

The only player from the "old regime" that I would keep is Elias. Everyone else, including Marty could kiss my @ss quick and get out of town after this year's debacle.

There is absolutely NO excuse for being this poor in the standings. Mid-pack yes, but this poor no.

It's an obvious team chemistry/synergy thing that is missing. Therefore, disband the troops and re-tool/re-load.

The only player from the "old regime" that I would keep is Elias. Everyone else, including Marty could kiss my @ss quick and get out of town after this year's debacle.

There is absolutely NO excuse for being this poor in the standings. Mid-pack yes, but this poor no.

It's an obvious team chemistry/synergy thing that is missing. Therefore, disband the troops and re-tool/re-load.

Hey, now! Colin White is doing his part.

His website already has a Dallas theme. Wow, that was fast :lol:

jl15.com

He couldn't get out of New Jersey fast enough could he? Great! Another Jacka$$ former Devils player to talk sh%t about how bad an organization we are.

His website already has a Dallas theme. Wow, that was fast :lol:

jl15.com

I think his letter is pretty classy. And since he's a Dallas Star now, I have zero problem with him embracing that either.

Hey, now! Colin White is doing his part.

He couldn't get out of New Jersey fast enough could he? Great! Another Jacka$$ former Devils player to talk sh%t about how bad an organization we are.

You are such a dumbass. Go away please.

I think his letter is pretty classy. And since he's a Dallas Star now, I have zero problem with him embracing that either.

I don't have a problem with that either. At least people actually update his website.

You are such a dumbass. Go away please.

I didn't read the letter so please forgive me, My Queen. That being said, it's a classy letter by Langs. It's still remains to be seen whether or not Jamie decides to talk about how lousy it was to have a Stanley Cup celebration in a parking lot ala Brian Rafalski.

Geez! Make a mistake and some jackasses are all over you. I've never wanted to Lombardi slap someone so hard in my life. Congrats Devilsrule33! di@khead.

Edited by CarpathianForest

TG explains trade

**If the Stars win one playoff round, 2011 the third-round pick become a 2011 secodn-round pick.

**If the Stars lose in the first round of the playoffs (or somehow don’t make it), the Devils get the Stars’ 2011 third-round pick, unless Langenbrunner re-signs with the Stars before the draft. If he does re-sign before the draft, the Devils get the Stars’ 2011 second-rounder.

**If the Stars lose in the first round of the playoffs and Langenbrunner doesn’t re-sign before the draft, the Devils get the Stars’ 2011 third-rounder. If Langenbrunner re-signs with the Stars after the draft, the Devils will then get the Stars’ 2012 second-round pick in exhange for their 2012 third-round pick.

What, nobody gonna rip Jamie to shreds for having his own website and selling his own merchandise?

HE STARTED SUCKING AFTER LAUNCHING HIS OWN WEBSITE AND BRAND. /DERP.

2 people like this

What, nobody gonna rip Jamie to shreds for having his own website and selling his own merchandise?

Oh give me a break. Thats the sh!t that is going around now about Marty.

And what about all the other players with their own brand? :glare::rolleyes:

That only applies to Marty and the MB30 website in conjunction with his golaie mask. Didn't you know it only applies if you can make up a superstitious reason linking the player to the website and our deplorable season. Example: Marty started to wear the MB30 mask then began to lose form.

Edited by CarpathianForest

That selfish bastard!

:giggle:

(Bonus point for the "/DERP")

Edited by DaneykoIsGod

Wow, we are really grasping at straws at this point.

Does he have his own line of cologne and eu de toilette?

Some people really bring down the quality of the board. You're one of them.

Wow, we are really grasping at straws at this point.

we are also bafflingly missing the point.