DevsFan7545

Langenbrunner to Dallas. 3rd round conditional pick coming back

444 posts in this topic

Care to give your submission for Andy Greene? We know you want to.

I've said little about AG this season - his play is speaking for itself.

One could argue that its his lack of projected growth to step up to be the PMD this team needed to generate a transition game was one of the major reasons why this team failed.

A gross overestimation by Lou - but I could see why he took the chance.

AG is fine @ his current salary playing 3rd pair minutes.

Too bad we have about 5 of this type of player.

It would be ludicrous to say that its all on him though.

Edited by DevilinLA

Yes, as opposed to Kovy, who scores goals and can fly up the ice if he has the space to do so.

I'm not saying he's not had his ups and downs like everyone else this year, but if you're implying that he's not much better than Langenbrunner, you are very wrong. Jamie is not done as an NHLer, but he is done as a top-6 forward. I agree with Jason's assessment, the guy just makes terrible decisions with the puck and doesn't have the legs or strength to pressure players or start quick rushes like he used to. His skills are limited to killing penalties chipping in the odd goal here and there now. Kovy still has a lot of top-level hockey left in him.

Right, legs wise sure he is not what he used to be. Hes 35. He came into the NHL at 21. Kovie is 27 right now. He is young. So strictly speaking legs and strength, you are 110% correct, Kovie has Langs on that one. Kovie has made lousy passes this season, shoots from anywhere he has a lane, which yes he scores that way most of the time, but this season he has missed just like everyone else on the team has putting pucks on net. I agree with you also when you say Jamie is no longer a top 6 forward.

I base everyones performance this season on the Devils on their self confidence....which is low as it is with the situation with the way the season is going, not to mention everyone is sitting on their hands waiting for the pat on the shoulder from Lou saying "It's time to go. Your time is up here."

For me, the first player that came to mind to dropping passes and passes that just are not good enough was Kovie. Maybe that wasnt the best example.

I still say everyone is basing his performance here in NJ just from this past season and a half.

Edited by Quinn01

i think it's interesting that lou asked him to waive his NTC over the summer.

part of me thinks this team was doomed from the summer on. you hear now how they all had the cap issues hanging over them this summer. langs was already asked about his NTC which had to piss him off.

elias is chirping away.

too many guys think they know better than the coaches.

a coach with no real gameplan.

players in rolls they're not suited for.

tri said it in another thread - this was the slap in the face this organization needed to change its ways.

1 person likes this

Can someone clarify whether or not Rolston can be bought out? Can he be bought out for a cheaper-real-dollars-contract despite his cap-hit counting in full?

yes, like you say... this team was doomed.

the team needs to be nuked and for the love of voodoo man, just sign parise...

Can someone clarify whether or not Rolston can be bought out? Can he be bought out for a cheaper-real-dollars-contract despite his cap-hit counting in full?

It'll probably save Vanderbeek some money but doesn't save us a penny on the cap, that much I do know. So unless we're in desperate financial straits (and somehow have the cap room to deal with a dead $5 million) he won't be bought out.

I still have hope of him being traded in the offseason as an expiring contract but it'll be a looong second half of the season for him :lol:

rolston can be bought out. he would be paid 2/3 of his $5MM in real money over the next two seasons. but next season would see a true $5MM cap hit.

there will be 2-4 teams that would trade a bad contract for this exact reason over the summer. the bad contract the devils take back will be one they can stash in the minors for cap flexibility.

rolston can be bought out. he would be paid 2/3 of his $5MM in real money over the next two seasons. but next season would see a true $5MM cap hit.

there will be 2-4 teams that would trade a bad contract for this exact reason over the summer. the bad contract the devils take back will be one they can stash in the minors for cap flexibility.

Yes, this was my point. Ok so if a team bought him out and the 2/3 would be paid over the two seasons, would the receiving team/blue jackets - be charged a cap hit for 2 years?

i don't think this is true, in looking over what's going on next season. i also don't think the devils should be stashing anything in the minor leagues.

i don't think this is true, in looking over what's going on next season. i also don't think the devils should be stashing anything in the minor leagues.

I want the Rolston for Commie deal just to get a buyout...no minor leagues. Not good for anyone.

Hopefully CLB puts Commie on re-entry and no one bites.

I want the Rolston for Commie deal just to get a buyout...no minor leagues. Not good for anyone.

Hopefully CLB puts Commie on re-entry and no one bites.

i would be down for this in the summer - rolston and a pick/prospect for commodore, each team buys out the other's problem. we can also structure the commodore buyout so that year 4 has much less money than year 2. so it could go something like 1M, 3M, 500k, 500k. i think that can be done, not willing to read up on the CBA to find out either how that buyout works or how the revenue sharing might be affected by columbus taking on an empty cap hit.

Why not pull the trigger now, and just put Commie in the lineup for the rest of the season?

commodore didn't like NJ, i don't think columbus wants anything to do with rolston.

Yea but Commodore wants to play, and the Devils want rid rolly like Columbus wants rid of Commodore. Sounds like both teams don't want these guys - it'd make sense to get rid of headache now.

Yea but Commodore wants to play, and the Devils want rid rolly like Columbus wants rid of Commodore. Sounds like both teams don't want these guys - it'd make sense to get rid of headache now.

if rolston is any example, most nhl players are completely deluded about their desirability to other teams.

i agree that someone will likely beat us to the punch there, but why can't we do the same deal with that team over the summer?

johnny oduya's having a horrendous season for atlanta, but they also don't have anyone better anywhere near that team really, otherwise i'd suggest a rolston for oduya type of swap.

it's true - after capgeek got it wrong, they corrected it. i'm too lazy to go find it on twitter, but it's right (by that i mean buying out rolston over the summer). getting a bad contract back and stashing it in the minors is something else. the commodore thing could also work over the summer.

can waivers/re-entry happen over the summer? i'd assume not, because i wonder if someone would take rolston @ 2.5 for next year? probably not. but if the isles need the floor, rolston might be their man.

it's true - after capgeek got it wrong, they corrected it. i'm too lazy to go find it on twitter, but it's right (by that i mean buying out rolston over the summer). getting a bad contract back and stashing it in the minors is something else. the commodore thing could also work over the summer.

can waivers/re-entry happen over the summer? i'd assume not, because i wonder if someone would take rolston @ 2.5 for next year? probably not. but if the isles need the floor, rolston might be their man.

Couldn't that move be made right at the end of the season after all of this years salary has been paid out?

Edited by Lateralous

waivers can happen any time. re-entry has to wait until training camp next year. i'm not totally convinced the islanders will need the floor, and if they do, they will always have some sort of out - that's not what i want to hitch my wagon to.