DevsFan7545

Langenbrunner to Dallas. 3rd round conditional pick coming back

444 posts in this topic

Not when you are a terrible defenseman who is overrated as a puck-mover. He's a 3rd-pairing defenseman.

like i said during the off season we should have traded him while his stock was high

...dude, you're re-capping stuff that's been mentioned and quoted several times. Just go easy until new info pops up. Which, in this case, will probably be only when it's confirmed he's been traded, then again to the team, then we wait for the conflicting reports of what's involved (see: Kovalchuk deal involving Clarkson, Palmieri, Josefson, Cormier).

Yah....I know I am recapping. I was recapping for my question that was right below that. :rolleyes:

Re: The Langs trade talk ...

TSNBobMcKenzie Teams said to be most interested and locales he's likely to waive for include Dallas, St. Louis and San Jose. Stay tuned.

I figured St. Louis wouldn't want another plugger with difficulty scoring; they have talented guys who are having issues putting the puck in the net as it is. They are having a rash of injuries, though - and you know JD is familiar with Langenbrunner.

San Jose... how would he fit under the cap? They're close to it as-is.

San Jose... how would he fit under the cap? They're close to it as-is.

They need to move 665k to fit him in.

Edited by Marshall

Whatever happens, Langs will always be one of my favorites, and I will always wear his jersey proudly.

They need to move 665k to fit him in.

Hell. If the Sharks tried Claude Lemieux to get them out of their playoff slump, Langenbrunner wouldn't be so far-fetched.

if jamie is traded, i hope they dont give the C to any one. let the new coach next year give it to a player that he chooses. i dont want to see what happened to elias in 07 happen 2011

if jamie is traded, i hope they dont give the C to any one. let the new coach next year give it to a player that he chooses. i dont want to see what happened to elias in 07 happen 2011

Thats not a bad idea, but my money is it goes to Kovie.

My current hope: Trade him to St. Louis for a second-round pick and the return of Cam Janssen. :lol:

Why are they not talking about it at all on MSG? They are talking about everything BUT Langenbrunner. Not even a hint at him not playing tonight.

My current hope: Trade him to St. Louis for a second-round pick and the return of Cam Janssen. :lol:

Why did you have to go and get my hopes up like that?!

About time there is a personnel change. I can only hope.

:pray:

Hell. If the Sharks tried Claude Lemieux to get them out of their playoff slump, Langenbrunner wouldn't be so far-fetched.

That is of course remaining salary. Langs has around 1.4 million remaining this season.

Thanks Jamie, and good luck wherever you end up.

Thats not a bad idea, but my money is it goes to Kovie.

Kovy isn't getting the C. He already has enough pressure on him as it is and doesn't need anymore. My guess is Elias again or maybe Parise if he resigns long term.

Per Gulitti's latest Fire & Ice post, Devils have yet to approach Langenbrunner with any specific trade requests (as of 6:30pm). Recaps rumored teams to be St. Louis, San Jose, Dallas, Colorado - with outside shot of Pittsburgh.

Crosby didnt play tonight for pittsburg!!!!! trde to jersey for jamie + Arnott :P just kidding

how about Langenbrunner to Dallas for Jack Campbell? they have Lehtonen which he's not really that old for a goalie... and raycroft for backup...

just like everything this season these are moves that should have happened in the off season...

jamie will hopefully find some luck this post season with a new team.

he's probably going to be happy to get the hell out of dodge.

He may not have finished well, but Jamie was a great Devil for a long time. Smart deal, but I'll miss Jamie -- at least Jamie before the Olympics last year. It feels like a breakup after the relationship went south for awhile -- you knew it was happening, you're relieved it's over, but that doesn't mean you don't really miss the good parts, especially now that there's no hope of experiencing them again.

per AnthonySan37 retweeted b Real_ESPNLeBrun

According 2 a source the Flyers are offering draft picks for Langenbrunner but the Devils may have a better deal already. I'll keep u posted

per AnthonySan37 retweeted b Real_ESPNLeBrunAccording 2 a source the Flyers are offering draft picks for Langenbrunner but the Devils may have a better deal already. I'll keep u posted

A better deal ???

I've spoken to people who know Langs, and was told he always liked playing here, except he apparently lamented that the front office didn't do enough to market the team, and fill up the building. Maybe things soured last season, but it's pretty lame to be knocking the guy when when the suckiness of the team has been a collective effort.

I agree that it's time to cut the cord, but real Devils fans ought to wish him the best, and not be classless jerks and boo him every time he touches the puck when he's in another uniform.

Edited by Daniel