DevsFan7545

Langenbrunner to Dallas. 3rd round conditional pick coming back

444 posts in this topic

It's not over for Jamie. Any sort of disillusionment is a two-way in this case - so I don't feel so badly either. Both sides seem to be very much on the same disappointed page. Madden was annoying because he was so defensive about it all - we're not happy with each other but it's all your fault.

Langs seems to feel at the heart of it that it's just how it is and neither side is going to do anything to change anything so -- it's pretty much done. OR... it can float along like this with each side keeping their passionless end of the bargain up.

My biggest worry is that Lou is bluffing to get teams interested and that his bluff yet again is being called - no takers and Jamie has to come back to the team with a HUGE "we're so fvcked for the next decade" sign on his chest.

How Lou responds will tell me if he's lost it or not. His balls are indeed seeming more and more like they are made of flesh and blood not the titanium I had supposed.

It's not over for Jamie. Any sort of disillusionment is a two-way in this case - so I don't feel so badly either. Both sides seem to be very much on the same disappointed page. Madden was annoying because he was so defensive about it all - we're not happy with each other but it's all your fault.

Langs seems to feel at the heart of it that it's just how it is and neither side is going to do anything to change anything so -- it's pretty much done. OR... it can float along like this with each side keeping their passionless end of the bargain up.

My biggest worry is that Lou is bluffing to get teams interested and that his bluff yet again is being called - no takers and Jamie has to come back to the team with a HUGE "we're so fvcked for the next decade" sign on his chest.

How Lou responds will tell me if he's lost it or not. His balls are indeed seeming more and more like they are made of flesh and blood not the titanium I had supposed.

After all of this, if Langenbrunner has to come back and play for us after being asked to waive his no trade clause and being scratched (with Rolston also in the same lineup after being waived twice) Lou should just be given his pinkslip and maybe we can get someone in here who can start to turn this thing around.

1 person likes this

I'm betting Tom Wandell + 2nd or 3rd for Langs.

Most teams know we have to deal him, if we get more than a 2nd round pick I would be surprised.

LOL. Wow, when did the NHL change the format in the West that only two teams make it to the playoffs???

I know your pretty limited in terms of your knowledge of the game, but FYI: Dallas is the 5th best team in the entire NHL right now. Highly unlikely they don't make the playoffs

Hugely? Really? They are only 6 points ahead of the 9th place team and only 7 ahead of the 12th place tean. It is likely that Dallas makes the playoffs but I would not be surprised if they didn't.

LOL. Wow, when did the NHL change the format in the West that only two teams make it to the playoffs???

I know your pretty limited in terms of your knowledge of the game, but FYI: Dallas is the 5th best team in the entire NHL right now. Highly unlikely they don't make the playoffs

i'm aware of where they are in the standings. i'm also aware that they are not a very good team.

Most teams know we have to deal him, if we get more than a 2nd round pick I would be surprised.

i suggest reading up on 'supply and demand'.

1 person likes this

Hopfully Joe owes Lou a favor and we steal Jamie Benn.

Pipe dream I know. It's likely gonna be for a pick I think.

No way!

But Mike Heika's reporting that he thinks it's a done deal - Langs for conditional draft picks. Here's the link

Nieuwy

After all of this, if Langenbrunner has to come back and play for us after being asked to waive his no trade clause and being scratched (with Rolston also in the same lineup after being waived twice) Lou should just be given his pinkslip and maybe we can get someone in here who can start to turn this thing around.

There's where I disagree. If we lose jamie and get sh!t in return THEN we have a problem. If we're getting deep dicked here I'd prefer we get fictional on the NHLs ass.

A third rounder for Jamie? Really? how bout you go fvck yourself? This team does not need the cooperation of the league. fvck the league!!

Then Lou has to say something. I'm not sure the best way to say it -- maybe even just an off handed joke? There is clearly collusion, you wanna say conspiracy? sure! Against the Devils. Payback for shoving Mickey mouse so far down the Gretzky contingencies throat they all nearly choked to death.

It's not the players - it's the game. and this team has gotten away from the game. getting rid of Jamie for a song is just playing into their hands too far. If it's taking this long then we have a problem and Lou knows it and if Jamie comes back - then Lou has NOT lost his nerve and the team and fans need to understand a message was sent to this team and response is necessary. After the kovalchuk nonsense it can't get any louder.

The league wants Lou out. i am not one to sit by and let that happen.

I want him gone regardless so it doesn't much matter what we lost.

i'm aware of where they are in the standings. i'm also aware that they are not a very good team.

i suggest reading up on 'supply and demand'.

Dallas is an excellent team. They're defensivley and offensively stacked. They may have some issues with goaltending but that's about it. I would be more than happy to swap our roster with theirs.

Conditional third round pick. Oy. I wonder what picks Philly was offering?

i want to hear this confirmed, but if its a 3rd conditionally becoming a 2nd, lou did a bad job. that's really terrible when you consider that every other player dealt over the last two years has gotten at least a 2nd and that wisnewski got a 2nd and a 5th.

now it's confirmed that it's a conditional 3rd. fvck you lou - terrible.

you can pack your fvcking bags too. what a terrible return.

gotta at least get a 2nd for sure. i would be terribly disappointed if he didn't get that.

Agreed I was hoping for a prospect and a lower round pick.

I guess its time , but I will still be sad to see Langs go, even given his comments at the end of last season.

perhaps if the deal looks like a stinker up front, it may be laying the groundwork for a future deal ?

Ok just seen conditional 3rd!!!

You have got to be $hitting me, OUCH.

I mean I would've like to have seen him get more. But a conditional third from Dallas is better than a 3rd/5th from Philly...which is more like a 4th/6th anyway.

There's where I disagree. If we lose jamie and get sh!t in return THEN we have a problem. If we're getting deep dicked here I'd prefer we get fictional on the NHLs ass.

A third rounder for Jamie? Really? how bout you go fvck yourself? This team does not need the cooperation of the league. fvck the league!!

Well, there you go. A conditional third. The Devils and Lou have no one to blame but themselves for being in this position and if this is really the return we got, Lou has made yet another terrible move.

now it's confirmed that it's a conditional 3rd. fvck you lou - terrible.

you can pack your fvcking bags too. what a terrible return.

No kidding. He's a fvcking waste of a GM anymore.

Ok then... Let's roots for Dallas and a looooooong playoff run ! May this conditionnal end higher than "right now"