• Zubs
    • Moose
    • Marty
    • Elias
    • Arnott
    • Zajac
    • Someone else (name them)
    • Parise (even if he doesnt resign)
    • A rookie just to screw with the vets ;)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

58 posts in this topic

Who will be our new captain?

Edited by Dead

As far as the rest of this season goes, my money is on three As for the rest of the year. Second guess is Lemaire's Minnesota-style C rotation. Third guess is Elias, fourth guess White.

Elias has played this whole season like he already has the C on his chest.

I'm hoping for White. I like Elias too but let's see how good Colin can handle that responsiblity.

If they hand it out for the rest of the season it can only really go to Elias.

IMO its going to be used as another little incentive to get Zach to stick around, so whoever does get it wont have it for long.

I think White would be a good choice. I voted for Parise, but only if he re-signs. I am going to edit to make a distinction there. Elias had the C prior, and if I recall correctly his play fell off after he got the C.

Edited by Dead

By merit it should go to Elias who has been the only player to show up every night.

But the business of promoting the New Era of Devils "hockey" trumps merit.

The fact that Kovy has a "A" while reinforcing his reputation as the poster child of one-dimensional play, leaves me to believe that Kovy gets the "C".

dont give the C to any one. let the new coach pick who he wants to have the C next year

Give it back to Elias and then once Elias is gone give it to Parise, assuming that Parise is still here.

By merit it should go to Elias who has been the only player to show up every night.

But the business of promoting the New Era of Devils "hockey" trumps merit.

The fact that Kovy has a "A" while reinforcing his reputation as the poster child of one-dimensional play, leaves me to believe that Kovy gets the "C".

Kovy shows a lot of heart during some games, and he has been improving defensively. He is struggling like everyone else however, him being a superstar just magnifies the issue of under-performing. I highly doubt that he gets the C however.

This is JL we're talking about here. He must have a captain. What about his golden boy "Winky #12"?

Kovy shows a lot of heart during some games, and he has been improving defensively. He is struggling like everyone else however, him being a superstar just magnifies the issue of under-performing. I highly doubt that he gets the C however.

Based on your statements how does he even have an "A"??? Its a disgrace to the tradition of this team.

As far as the rest of this season goes, my money is on three As for the rest of the year.

yeah cause we're one of those teams who takes forever to name a successor, just like after Stevens retired. :rolleyes:

obviously after his comments, elias won't get it under lemaire. i don't think we'll have a captain until we get a new coach who decides.

Based on your statements how does he even have an "A"??? Its a disgrace to the tradition of this team.

Kovy's production has been down, but he's been the only one to actually drop the gloves recently. When have you seen any other player who isn't a D Man, Goon or grinder drop the gloves this season? That being said, it would be ridiculous to give him the C

Kovy's production has been down, but he's been the only one to actually drop the gloves recently. When have you seen any other player who isn't a D Man, Goon or grinder drop the gloves this season? That being said, it would be ridiculous to give him the C

I am sure JVK loved to see his investment adding this element to his game. Where is our Randy Mckay??? Who played with pride??

3 A's to finish this season. Next season, who ever proves themselves in points/spirit gets it.

If it doesnt go that way....I say Zajac. Elias's game suffered when he had the C. Kovy hasnt been around this franchise long enough to run the team from a Captains point plus I think the rest of the team would despise him for it. Parise isnt around this season so that takes him out of the running. Those are the 4 that deserve it IMO this season, if anyone at all.

I am sure JVK loved to see his investment adding this element to his game. Where is our Randy Mckay??? Who played with pride??

I'm sure JVK never predicted the clusterfvck that has become this season.

I'm sure JVK never predicted the clusterfvck that has become this season.

If the rumors are true, I don't think he envisioned owning the team at this point.

Our next Captain better be Zach.

Anything else is sh!t INCLUDING the rotating Captain. Are you kidding -

ESPECIALLY the rotating -- that's what we need MORE indecision.

Elias should shut his mouth -- if he knows so much then play like it don't excuse everything blaming the coach or linemates <_< Blabbing like you do only proves you've learned NOTHING about The System.

Edited by Pepperkorn

Rotating A's til we re-sign Parise. If we insist on having a captain for the remainder of this abortion of a year, give it to Arnott. He's the most deserving of the players who won't be here next year. Don't give it to Elias just to take it away again in favor of Parise.

Oh I didn't see my original post got posted -- I wasn't finished with it... I went back and edited.

I need a nap! This is tuckering me out

Edited by Pepperkorn

Rotating A's til we re-sign Parise. If we insist on having a captain for the remainder of this abortion of a year, give it to Arnott. He's the most deserving of the players who won't be here next year. Don't give it to Elias just to take it away again in favor of Parise.

This. 100%