I just saw the Miracle movie...

exit_16w

After watching it I got the impression that the Russians were this almighty hockey powerhouse that had a huge cockyness to them. If you win that many times in a row you have every right to be. Cool FYI Billy Schneider plays his dad Buzz Schneider in it.

Edited by exit_16w

I cannot wait to see this movie, I was ten in 1980...and its probably the most exciting moment in sports that Ican remember, " Do you Beleive In Miracles..." I get chills everytime I hear Al Michaels say it...

My son and 2 older daughters will be with me sat afternoon when we go to see the movie... I'm really hope its as good as the clippings,,,,

My question was more - was this a "hockey team gels with just a dash of magic to overcome great odds" or "USA is better than everyone else at everything, even the stuff it sucks at" kinda movie.

Thats actually a pretty good question. I saw the movie this past weekend, and it was very well done. Better actually than I thought it would be. In my opinion it is not at all a "USA is the best" type of movie. It is much more a tribute to Brooks, and his sometimes questionable methods.

From all the documentaries I have seen regarding the 1980 team, the producers stayed very true to the story. The hockey sequences were well done, and the all important goals scored were pretty accurate as to how the old footage plays out. I think it is a very good hockey movie, that just happens to center on the US team. I can say this, I did not leave the theatre thinking "damn I am proud to be an American", more like "damn those guys went through hell"

I would definately recomend seeing it.

Chris

Am I the only one that thinks this movie should have waited to come out until after the CBA is resolved. I say this because of the new and re-born fans that this movie will bring to the league. Add to that the media coverage hockey is going to get in result to this movie, even if the coverage isn't directly related to the NHL. Not to take anything away from the movie but this movie could be looked as at a huge advertistment for the sport of hockey, and hockey's main product is the NHL. To gain all of this publicity just to have it cut off at the head with a CBA lock out is just ..... depressing. Resolving the CBA is even more important now to the state of the NHL because of this movie.

Just my $.02.

Edited by JesterDevil

Am I the only one that thinks this movie should have waited to come out until after the CBA is resolved. I say this because of the new and re-born fans that this movie will bring to the league. Add to that the media coverage hockey is going to get in result to this movie, even if the coverage isn't directly related to the NHL. Not to take anything away from the movie but this movie could be looked as at a huge advertistment for the sport of hockey, and hockey's main product is the NHL. To gain all of this publicity just to have it cut off at the head with a CBA lock out is just ..... depressing. Resolving the CBA is even more important now to the state of the NHL because of this movie.

Just my $.02.

Whats the CBA?

Am I the only one that thinks this movie should have waited to come out until after the CBA is resolved.  I say this because of the new and re-born fans that this movie will bring to the league.  Add to that the media coverage hockey is going to get in result to this movie, even if the coverage isn't directly related to the NHL.  Not to take anything away from the movie but this movie could be looked as at a huge advertistment for the sport of hockey, and hockey's main product is the NHL.  To gain all of this publicity just to have it cut off at the head with a CBA lock out is just ..... depressing.  Resolving the CBA is even more important now to the state of the NHL because of this movie. 

Just my $.02.

Whats the CBA?

Collective Bargaining Agreement between the players and the owners