Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NYCdevil

A realistic trade i'd like to see

9 posts in this topic

Perhaps Arnott is the next to go, and Columbus is desparately in need of a big center like Arnott. Columbus has a prospect they acquired from Washington named Theo Ruth

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/theo_ruth

Former second round pick, could develop well.

I'd send Arnott and 4th round

for Theo Ruth and a 2nd Round

Edited by NYCdevil

His stats really dont scream at me but i would have to see him play i guess.

Never a good sign for a prospect to be shipped to his third team before he even makes the NHL.

We would probably get a 3rd round pick for Arnott.

1st overall for 7th overall, Zack Kassian and 67th overall

and what if that 7th guy isn't:

larsson

landeskog

courtuier

nugent-hopkins

strome

also - i don't know enough about kassian other than he got suspended in the WJC on top of a previous suspension and that he's got a reputation as a player that can't control his physical game.

and what if that 7th guy isn't:

larsson

landeskog

courtuier

nugent-hopkins

strome

Right now, I think that's the most likely top 5. Strome is on the rise. I don't think he'll be available past the 5th pick, unless someone is really in love with Murphy. At 7th or 8th (which is Buffalo's pick right now), you're probably looking at Murphy, Saad, Hamilton, Siemens, Armia and Khokhlachev.

Right now, I think that's the most likely top 5. Strome is on the rise. I don't think he'll be available past the 5th pick, unless someone is really in love with Murphy. At 7th or 8th (which is Buffalo's pick right now), you're probably looking at Murphy, Saad, Hamilton, Siemens, Armia and Khokhlachev.

Strome hasn't moved up that much, most rankings have him around the 10 spot. The 2 defensmen are almost certainly ahead of him.

Strome hasn't moved up that much, most rankings have him around the 10 spot. The 2 defensmen are almost certainly ahead of him.

He's rising farther and faster than anyone. ISS didn't even have him in their Top 30 as recently as October. Brock Otten now ranks him the second best OHL prospect for the draft. By the time June rolls along I expect him to go 4th or 5th.