GDT: Tampa @ Devils 1/9 @ 5pm

Dead

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

D yeah... nice game Devils!!!

congrats to the rookie with the 1st ever goal, Elias was fantastic, Kovy looked energized...

love the 4th line, would not mind seeing Mair retained for another year... good god did Clarkson score a few Goals???

insane!!!

Tallinder a +4??? really???

:D

hope the scouts were watching...

:D

Great win. Almost everybody had at least a good game. The one player that really stood out to me was Patrik Elias- hustling all night, setting guys up, solid defensively, and a great move to make sure he could get the empty netter. He's looking like the leader on this team for sure.

I got my hopes up that Tedenby was going to play when I saw him on the ice for warmups, but lastonealive then burst my bubble when he told me that Ted's been dressed for warmups the past few games. Ah well. Let's enjoy this one :D

wait, he's dressing him for warmups and then not playing him? :lol: c'mon Lou, get both of them out of here then. we've crossed the line into developemental territory here. the mindfvcking is totally unecessary.

as for the actual game, after whenever Clarkson tied the game, they actually played really solid hockey everywhere for the first time in I don't know when... probably were thrilled to tie a game in the 3rd, which I don't think has happened all year. :lol: maybe Edmonton? or was that in the 2nd?

Was at the game. Marty played fairly well, made a couple nice saves, but still let in that soft one by Malone that gave TB the lead in the 1st. Nice to see the Devs come back in this one.

Clarkson played probably his best game of the year, so I'm not gonna rag on the guy for a short while. If he wants to stay here, he needs to play like this consistently. Rolston showed signs of life. Kovalchuk showed a lot to me by giving Palmieri the shot at his first NHL goal when he clearly could have just taken it himself. It was a very nice thing of him to do. Poor Zharkov hustled his rear-end off just a few mins before that to try and get his on an EN goal.

I'm gonna take this win. The Lightning didn't look all that great, looked very tired from their recent schedule and Stamkos didn't play well. Have to say I kept my eye on Hedman, but he didn't really stick out too much, as Ohlund was their best defenseman on the ice. I have a feeling they will play much better with several days of rest on Friday.

Jacques needs to cut the nonsense with his line changes and with his benching of Tedenby and put him in the lineup. The forwards groups needs his speed. And he needs to play Arnott with some of the better forwards. Pairing him and Palmieri and Mair, or with Mair and Pelley makes no sense.

Was at the game. Marty played fairly well, made a couple nice saves, but still let in that soft one by Malone that gave TB the lead in the 1st. Nice to see the Devs come back in this one.

Clarkson played probably his best game of the year, so I'm not gonna rag on the guy for a short while. If he wants to stay here, he needs to play like this consistently. Rolston showed signs of life. Kovalchuk showed a lot to me by giving Palmieri the shot at his first NHL goal when he clearly could have just taken it himself. It was a very nice thing of him to do. Poor Zharkov hustled his rear-end off just a few mins before that to try and get his on an EN goal.

I'm gonna take this win. The Lightning didn't look all that great, looked very tired from their recent schedule and Stamkos didn't play well. Have to say I kept my eye on Hedman, but he didn't really stick out too much, as Ohlund was their best defenseman on the ice. I have a feeling they will play much better with several days of rest on Friday.

Jacques needs to cut the nonsense with his line changes and with his benching of Tedenby and put him in the lineup. The forwards groups needs his speed. And he needs to play Arnott with some of the better forwards. Pairing him and Palmieri and Mair, or with Mair and Pelley makes no sense.

we played a tough game about 26 hours before. after that, I figured they'd get whaled on. so it wasn't just Tampa that was in that mess.

How awesome is it to see all those NJ's?!!! :koolaid: :koolaid:

Scoring Summary

1st PeriodTAMNJD2:36tam.gifTeddy Purcell (7)

Assists: Mattias Ritola, Steve Downie105:55njd.gifDavid Clarkson (6)

Assists: Tim Sestito, Rod Pelley1116:01tam.gifRyan Malone (11) (Power Play)

Assists: Vincent Lecavalier, Martin St. Louis212nd PeriodTAMNJDNo scoring this period213rd PeriodTAMNJD4:14njd.gifDavid Clarkson (7) (Power Play)

Assists: Ilya Kovalchuk, Patrik Elias227:52njd.gifJason Arnott (10)

Assists: Henrik Tallinder, Vladimir Zharkov2314:06njd.gifDainius Zubrus (6)

Assists: Brian Rolston, Patrik Elias2418:45njd.gifPatrik Elias (9) (Empty net)

Assists: Brian Rolston2519:08tam.gifDominic Moore (7)

Assists: Adam Hall, Mattias Ohlund3519:46njd.gifNick Palmieri (1) (Empty net)

Assists: Ilya Kovalchuk, Martin Brodeur36

I really enjoyed seeing Clarkson getting 2 goals! I have more than a few jerseys and I have only Marty Patty and Clarkson. Most of the Jersey's I have are blanks or customized without player names.

I was hoping Clarkson got the hat trick so did he. I thought 2-3 times you was going to get it! Next game Clarkson get that hat trick!! :hail::burn:

Was fun to see Marty take a shot on goal, I was screaming "MARTY SHOOT IT" just before he let it fly, if it was a harder shot we might have heard "GOAL SCORED BY MARTY...." The rock would have gone absolutely insane at that point! :yay: