GDT 1/26/11 Devils @ Red Wings

ZeroGravityFat

if that jam was against brodeur, the ref doesn't call it until it's in the net and it's a goal. i'm just sick of the double standards.

This. Howard never had full control of the puck. Kovy got his stick on the puck before Howard had his glove down thus it going into the net, but yet again....the whistle was blown early against the Devils and we end of getting the short end of the straw.

What else is new?

Like you said, if it were the other way around...it would have counted.

intent to blow. live with it.

that wasn't very good other than Marty. will be good to see what happens afterwards, if they get it going again or just kinda fall apart.

Tedenby is going back to the press box, I think, especially if Lemaire and staff watch the tape of the game. there are a couple of times where he looked real bad, front and center on TV.

Detroit is a good team, and they are better than us right now. It showed. It was a decent performance with an excellent outing by Marty and a good penalty kill. If Fraser doesn't give up the puck like that we're tied, and if Kovalchuk's goal counted it is 2-1. Point is, it could have gone the other way and let's just learn from it and move on.

Does Lemaire realize how badly this team was outplayed the last 40 minutes? Why is he so optimistic?

Because we've got a week-long break coming up and he doesn't want them dwelling on the negative till next Tuesday. God only knows it'll be back to doom and gloom around here now that the impossible scenarios are that much more unlikely now.

I was shocked they didn't blow the whistle on the Rolston goal with the way it tends to go up there :lol:

Because we've got a week-long break coming up and he doesn't want them dwelling on the negative till next Tuesday. God only knows it'll be back to doom and gloom around here now that the impossible scenarios are that much more unlikely now.

I was shocked they didn't blow the whistle on the Rolston goal with the way it tends to go up there :lol:

In terms of this season, the Devils aren't making the playoffs regardless of any win streaks we have put together or potentially will put together. The situations are as close to impossible as they can be without being mathematical facts. I can't imagine that the players are so stupid where Lemaire feigning optimism can really convince them that things will turn out well this season. The Devils have a better chance at being the worst team in the league than actually making the playoffs; the players can't be stupid enough to not realize this.

And about the Rolston goal, I'm not even trying to understand the ref's and how they call goal mouth scrambles anymore. They've been pulling calls out of their asses for a few years now.

We all kinda knew going into this game that it was going to be a battle to win. Detroit wanted this win as much as we did. They have had a rough few games.

The issue that needs to be on hand right now, rather then bitching about this loss, is whether or not the current style of play and the commitment and confidence that the Devils have had the past few games that were in our winning streak will continue or die out after this loss.

We had a minor league defense tonight. Definitely missed Whitey.

We were badly outplayed for 40 minutes. The score shoulda been a lot worse. Marty was sharp and the Wings missed the net on a lot of good chances.

The kids pretty much all looked bad. Teddy got manhandled, Palmieri made some poor decisions, Zharkov was just OK.

Still, this is the first time since 1/8 that we didn't get at least one point. That was a damn fun run, and there's no reason they can't pick it right back up after the break.

Tedenby is going back to the press box, I think, especially if Lemaire and staff watch the tape of the game. there are a couple of times where he looked real bad, front and center on TV.

where did he look bad? picking his nose on the bench - lemaire practiced him w/ kovy and zajac all week, says zharkov and palmieri look rusty, then plays them and attaches tedenby to the bench. when he was out there, i saw him control the puck in the offensive zone and move around. palmieri was the one who seemed invisible.

Ya, that's two pretty poor games in a row from Tedenby. It wouldn't surprise me if he's really worn down and we only see flashes of good from him the whole rest of the season.

again - there was nothing to see last night re: tedenby to make a case one way or another, i think.

Tedenby looked slower than normal, was knocked off the puck more easily than normal, and made poor decisions in the defensive zone. That's what I saw in the last 2 games. The all-star break is a blessing for him, I believe.

he was definitely knocked off the puck easily - i thought at least he might draw penalties while doing this, but it didn't really work out that way.

tedenby isn't used to a pro schedule or getting major minutes.