More Peaceful Muslims

Jimmy Leeds

The horrible truth is that, numerically and statistically speaking, Christian Civilization is the bloodiest and most violent of all civilizations in all of history, and is responsible for hundreds of millions of deaths. So much for the peace loving religion...

The horrible truth is that, numerically and statistically speaking, Christian Civilization is the bloodiest and most violent of all civilizations in all of history, and is responsible for hundreds of millions of deaths. So much for the peace loving religion...

What a joke. "Hundreds of millions", ZZzzzzZZZzzzz

Even if they did spill alot of blood in the past......it's called evolution. Something these rats haven't done. They live like it's 650 BC

Put Muslim extremists like this in power for long enough and that statistic will change too.

In truth, more people have killed in the name of God than ever should have, in any religion. I am disgusted by the act of stoning someone to death in the first place, and then shooting them when the stones do not work.

OTOH, I'm not sure what the accused were expecting when they committed adultry in an extremely conservative/fanatical environment, and then came BACK when people were like "sure, it'll all be good." Not very smart on their part.

What a joke. "Hundreds of millions", ZZzzzzZZZzzzz

Even if they did spill alot of blood in the past......it's called evolution. Something these rats haven't done. They live like it's 650 BC

Which one hasn't evolved? I know your media consumption is skewed, but you could make the argument for either.

Glass houses, just saying....

Edited by MantaRay

Which one hasn't evolved? I know your media consumption is skewed, but you could make the argument for either.

Glass houses, just saying....

Only an apologetic loon like you would compare the evolution since the Middle Ages of Christianity and Islam and say they both are the same. That's what I expect from someone from your side who believes in every Anti-American thing ever proposed by the left.....and who apologizes and excuses people trying to kill us.

And it's not glass houses for them, it's rock caves and mud huts, just sayin'........

Notice the quote about stoning......."It's in the Koran"

So much for the peace loving religion...........again.

Very Disturbing

Judging a peaceful majority by an extreme fringe minority.......again

While you are judging the Koran, you should also hold contempt for the Bible as both religious books have plenty of examples that people pervert to their own ideology. But then again consistency was never really your thing.

21:20 And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.

21:21 And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

Source: King James Bible, Deuteronomy 21:20 - 21:21

Anyway, this event is a travesty and the kind of extremism we need to be pushing back against, regardless of religion.

Only an apologetic loon like you would compare the evolution since the Middle Ages of Christianity and Islam and say they both are the same. That's what I expect from someone from your side who believes in every Anti-American thing ever proposed by the left.....and who apologizes and excuses people trying to kill us.

And it's not glass houses for them, it's rock caves and mud huts, just sayin'........

Based on your pre-programmed response I see you would rather avoid the issue as usual.

I know you're not allowed to do any research, but FYI the Klu Klux Klan, Aryan Nations, Aryan Republican Army, Army of God, Phineas Priesthood, the Covenant, The Sword, and the Arm of the Lord are not Christian Groups of the Middle Ages.

Based on your pre-programmed response I see you would rather avoid the issue as usual.

Unlike the preprogrammed response of "Christians are bad too!"?

I certainly don't agree with stoning people to death. I hope the West remembers things like this when people who want to claim to be moderates also want any form of introduction of Sharia Law. The fact that hundreds turned out to watch makes it seem accepted on some level, by at least a few.

The KKK were protestant in their heyday.

Squish, the Muslim killer in the article states they need to kil them "because it's in the Koran"......I don't see anyone killing people in the name of the Bible recently.

And how many examples do you need to stop your sill, "extreme fringe minority"?

Squish, the Muslim killer in the article states they need to kil them "because it's in the Koran"......I don't see anyone killing people in the name of the Bible recently.

Ask George Tiller's family about what "recent" means, I bet 20 months qualifies. How about the plots of Hutaree? If you want to keep score and say there have been more attacks against us in the name of Islam then Christianity over the last decade there's not going to be an argument. But look at how you opened this thread, chastising the Muslim population. How can you be so reckless with assigning blame? And make no mistake the quip "so much for peace loving religion" is doing exactly that.

And how many examples do you need to stop your sill, "extreme fringe minority"?

When it comprises more then 0.1% of the peaceful majority. Muslims at large are not systematically preprogrammed for this barbaric lifestyle. And citing examples from tent dwelling societies is hardly a good example. Spend a week in Indonesia (the most populous Muslim country) and tell me that you think they are all terrorists, that they want to destroy our way of life, that they aren't peaceful.

Edited by squishyx

The issue isn't really whether bad things that Muslims do is provided for in the Koran. No one can really dispute that the Bible (and probably most religious books that were written millenia ago) commands its adherents to do things we consider immoral or just plain crazy by today's standards. (You could probably count the number of Christians who believe you can cure leperacy according to Leviticus on one hand). Really what's going on, and which has always been the case, is that backward cultures are more prone to use a particular holy book to justify the sorts of barbarism you see in countries like Iran and Pakistan. In the US, there are a lot of people who take, or at least say they take, the Bible literally (world is only a few thousand years old and was created in six days, apostates are going to hell, there was a burning bush). But these days you don't see the governments of predominantly Christian countries executing apostates (that's probably somewhere in the Bible and certainly happened a few centuries ago in Europe) or stoning adulterers. The undeniable fact is, is that that sort of stuff does happen in Muslim countries and with the approval of a significant percentage of the population, and is actually legally proscribed. (In Pakistan there were mass demonstrations demanding the release of an assasin who killed a politician because he merely suggested that women ought to be treated better).

And as an aside, it's really intellectually lazy to blame the world's atrocities on religion as such. Communism is an expressly atheistic ideology, but its adherents killed tens of millions just fine. And while the Nazis tolerated religion, and sometimes would attempt to co-opt it, as an ideology it was based on a bizarre pseudoscience and was otherwise irreligious.

ADDENDUM: And as to the whole "it's only a small minority of them" point, the fact remains is that whatever percentage it might be, it's large enough to be causing the rest of the rest of the world a giant headache. The worst you can say about Christian fundamentalists is that they want to teach pseudoscience as science in school districts where most of the people believe that stuff anyway. On the other hand, there doesn't seem to be a shortage of folks who want to suicide bomb churches and synagogues.

Edited by Daniel

The issue isn't really whether bad things that Muslims do is provided for in the Koran. No one can really dispute that the Bible (and probably most religious books that were written millenia ago) commands its adherents to do things we consider immoral or just plain crazy by today's standards. (You could probably count the number of Christians who believe you can cure leperacy according to Leviticus on one hand). Really what's going on, and which has always been the case, is that backward cultures are more prone to use a particular holy book to justify the sorts of barbarism you see in countries like Iran and Pakistan. In the US, there are a lot of people who take, or at least say they take, the Bible literally (world is only a few thousand years old and was created in six days, apostates are going to hell, there was a burning bush). But these days you don't see the governments of predominantly Christian countries executing apostates (that's probably somewhere in the Bible and certainly happened a few centuries ago in Europe) or stoning adulterers. The undeniable fact is, is that that sort of stuff does happen in Muslim countries and with the approval of a significant percentage of the population, and is actually legally proscribed. (In Pakistan there were mass demonstrations demanding the release of an assasin who killed a politician because he merely suggested that women ought to be treated better).

And as an aside, it's really intellectually lazy to blame the world's atrocities on religion as such. Communism is an expressly atheistic ideology, but its adherents killed tens of millions just fine. And while the Nazis tolerated religion, and sometimes would attempt to co-opt it, as an ideology it was based on a bizarre pseudoscience and was otherwise irreligious.

ADDENDUM: And as to the whole "it's only a small minority of them" point, the fact remains is that whatever percentage it might be, it's large enough to be causing the rest of the rest of the world a giant headache. The worst you can say about Christian fundamentalists is that they want to teach pseudoscience as science in school districts where most of the people believe that stuff anyway. On the other hand, there doesn't seem to be a shortage of folks who want to suicide bomb churches and synagogues.

This.

You simply don't see these kinds of death tolls from Christian extremists who are killing people in the name of god. There can be no moral equivalency made here. We are not looking at who has caused more bloodshed in history, nor are we comparing Muslim murder now to Christian murder in the 1200s. We are looking at the current present danger to civilized society. Like Daniel said, it's the radical muslims who are blowing up churches and synagogues. The worst that the Christian fundamentalists want is to remove evolution from the school curriculum.

The event Jimmy originally posted about occurred back in August. How many times has it been used to kick off the same anti-Muslim diatribes?

Why don't the Irish get billed as terrorists? The IRA taught a lot of the Muslim terrorists how to build bombs in the first place. Maybe because so many of us know that the IRA was an extremely small group of persons with radical agendas and also know many persons of Irish descent who are peaceful people.

Considering that slavery was legal in the US less than 150 years ago, and that American women didn't have universal suffrage less than 100 years ago, who are we to be talking about "backward cultures"?

The event Jimmy originally posted about occurred back in August. How many times has it been used to kick off the same anti-Muslim diatribes?

Why don't the Irish get billed as terrorists? The IRA taught a lot of the Muslim terrorists how to build bombs in the first place. Maybe because so many of us know that the IRA was an extremely small group of persons with radical agendas and also know many persons of Irish descent who are peaceful people.

Considering that slavery was legal in the US less than 150 years ago, and that American women didn't have universal suffrage less than 100 years ago, who are we to be talking about "backward cultures"?

Whether or not a group in some objective sense are "terrorists" is not the point, or at least in shouldn't be. (Believe me, the "War on Terror" is the equivalent of calling the US participation in WWI the "War on Unrestricted Submarine Warfare" -- note before someone calls me a plagiarist, someone else came up with that line, although I forget who). If the IRA's stated goal was to impose a stone age theocratic regime with an explicit genocidal agenda (Hamas, Hezbollah, Taliban), they would, and should, be a part of the conversation.

And spare everyone the moral equivalence. It's intellectually lazy, and besides the point. Support for slavery, oppression of women, and so forth, was on the decline in the US basically from the beginning. On the other hand, support for that sort of thing is actually increasing in many places in that part of the world.

Edited by Daniel

Whether or not a group in some objective sense are "terrorists" is not the point, or at least in shouldn't be. (Believe me, the "War on Terror" is the equivalent of calling the US participation in WWI the "War on Unrestricted Submarine Warfare" -- note before someone calls me a plagiarist, someone else came up with that line, although I forget who). If the IRA's stated goal was to impose a stone age theocratic regime with an explicit genocidal agenda (Hamas, Hezbollah, Taliban), they would, and should, be a part of the conversation.

He is not asking why the IRA is not listed as terrorists, he is saying why aren't the Irish as a whole billed as terrorists for the actions of the IRA.

In other words, do you think JL would make a thread "more peaceful Irish" and then cite a story about another attack by the IRA?

When's the last time we even heard of the IRA? Love how point calls the stoning to death of a 19 year old an "event". Way to marginalize animalistic horrific torture........yes , that is real torture, not putting underwear on some guys head.

Using point's suggestion, why don't I call all liberals terrorists since in the '70's Bill Ayers and the Weather Underground blew up police stations and maimed people? Silly marginalization. Haven't seen the Muslims as a whole condemn any of this barbaric behavior.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.