For the Rangers fans

justdo3043

Its funny and its also true.

I think the more important, and what hit me more, from this article is the following:

"I don't really care," Patrik Elias said. "It doesn't matter. Tomorrow's game is more about us. I don't even know where they are in the standings. The right approach is to go out there and it doesn't matter who we play against. We know we're not going to win them all. We'll try."

Colin White agreed.

"I think we're more focused on what we have to do each game. We're just trying to get as many points as we can," White said. "We're not really looking at any particular team. We're focused on ourselves right now.

That seven-year drought was a while ago. Not really relevant anymore. This franchise has had its share of missing the playoffs since its inception in 1974 as the Kansas City Scouts...they made it once (as the Colorado Rockies) in 1978, and wouldn't make it again until 1988. Most franchises have down periods...I hate the Rangers, couldn't possibly hate them more, but hanging on to that whole seven-year thing just seems pointless to me. Especially when we've got plenty of our own problems to worry about.

As some players alluded to, the "rivalry" is in a different place...all I worry about now is the Devils trying to beat whoever's playing them. They're going to have to do a whole lot of that.

• Like 1

Is it me or am I missing something....I don't think Marty is taking a jab at the Rangers, just merely acknowledging the fact that the shoe is now on the other foot and they are now the team on the rise. Alto of Rangers fans on HF Board are ripping into Marty. :noclue:

I think the only reason Marty mentioned the Rangers is because that was the context: we're about to play them and the writer directly asked Marty and other Devils players if the fact that the Rangers are in and the Devils are out bothers them. No huge jab there, people just take it out of the context and make it look like Brodeur makes a rags reference for no reason. :rolleyes:

That being said, this is a great rivalry and I LOVE it when Devils players get involved someway. Marty is one of the guys who really understand this rivalry: no wonder, he's been in it from day 1 (when your rookie season was 1994, the animosity towards that team must run deep).