• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room

Quinn01

Brodeur out day to day with “non-operable sprain” of right knee, w

51 posts in this topic

"Updating an earlier report, the injury to Martin Brodeur's knee isn't actually a knee bruise.

Brodeur described the injury as a "tweak", although he did state that he didn't feel it was major. "I just kind of tweaked my knee when my leg got caught up under me there in the first," Brodeur said. "When I got up I kind of felt a little twinge under my knee." We'll provide further updates as information is disseminated."

-Bergen Record

Martin Brodeur (knee) didn't participate in the Devils' optional skate on Monday.

-NJ Online

"“I stayed for the last three minutes and when I looked at it I just want to make sure it’s not that bad,” he said..“So, tomorrow we’ll see how it feels and we’ll go from there. I don’t know what I’m going to have to go through, but I don’t think it’s something that’s major at all.”"

-Fire&Ice

When watching him pull his knee out and then stagger to get to his feet, it looked more then just a bruise. I figured he would be out for another week if not more.

Guess we're riding the Moose for awhile.

27271d1221432726-canned-crops-stocked-alaska-riding-moose.jpg

1 person likes this

Per TG-Devils G Martin Brodeur is having an MRI on his right knee today and will be examined by team doctors.

Devils G Martin Brodeur is having an MRI on his right knee today and will be examined by team doctors.

— Tom Gulitti (@TGfireandice)

February 7, 2011

*ahem* It's actually "Marty's Injury More Than Just A Bruise.

This thread cannot go on unless this is addressed!

Really hoping he won't need surgery...it would really hurt our chances of closing out the year strong.

The Devs gonna ride Moose, but they gotta call someone up.......Frazee is still injured I believe.

I wonder if this season full of injuries and lengthy, painful recoveries gets Marty to seriously ponder retirement this offseason.

I wonder if this season full of injuries and lengthy, painful recoveries gets Marty to seriously ponder retirement this offseason.

he'll play out the contract for sure.

Time to tank the season. I felt this way a month ago and strongly feel it now. Bring up the youngsters, give them full icetime. Sell off what you can. The draft has a great scorer and a great dman at the top. We should ensure that this franchise gets 1 of them and starts to restock the farm system with more depth.

1 person likes this

Brodeur looked to be OK during the last game in Montreal standing in the players box talking to Terreri and Lamoriello there. Hopefully it is just this one game tomorrow night he will be out for and be back on Thursday night in Toronto or Friday night at home vs. San Jose.

Time to tank the season because Marty might miss a game or two. Seriously guy, piss off. We have a good backup goalie that can handle the job, especially with how we are playing.

2 people like this

we already knew it was not a bruise but a 'tweak' which translates to sprained mcl, but the way he was acting, i wouldn't worry about it at all. a couple of games off probably to just rest it.

Time to tank the season because Marty might miss a game or two. Seriously guy, piss off. We have a good backup goalie that can handle the job, especially with how we are playing.

This. I just want to see the Devils continue to play meaningful and good hockey for the rest of the season.

Time to tank the season. I felt this way a month ago and strongly feel it now. Bring up the youngsters, give them full icetime. Sell off what you can. The draft has a great scorer and a great dman at the top. We should ensure that this franchise gets 1 of them and starts to restock the farm system with more depth.

Go away.

2 people like this

we are talking about the 2011 draft right

Of course...this is the Devils, where everything's just a bruise until it's not a bruise.

LOL, so so true...

They definitely need to address the goalie position in the offseason 'cause it's preciously thin down on the farm.

They definitely need to address the goalie position in the offseason 'cause it's preciously thin down on the farm.

Absolutely.