Volchenkov Suspended for three games.

Maddog

The hits they are trying to eliminate are far more dangerous than a fight.

So what's your point? The intent is still there...even more so in a fight than on some of these hits. Do you think Volchenkov was intentionally aiming for the head last night? I'd say it was bad timing more than anything else.

And for what it's worth, for every head injury or concussion sustained from one of these hits, I can probably find one from a guy getting dropped in a fight.

I'm not trying to start a fighting is good or fighting is bad arguement...just pointing out the obvious hypocrisy.

This is getting as bad as the NFL QB protection policy. Boy-chuck put himself in a dangerous position at mid ice. he was low and extended. are D-men supposed to just let the forward HAVE the puck?

Vol didn't go UP at him or leave his feet

Boy-chuck didn't even go down, he was basicly on one knee already

Vol held up and just grazed him

It was his arm, not an elbow or shoulder

This is cr@p

I'm very dissapointed by both suspensions. Cooke is a dirty player; he's going to end someone's career with a stupid, needless hit some day.

Let's hope it does not come to that and hopefully someone ends his career instead.

Not so long ago there was this young spunker in the NHL trying to make a name for himself by cheap-shotting star players. He was a career AHler who only got into the NHL because the team he was on the books for had been decimated by injuries and they needed bodies to fill out a roster. He cheap-shotted Martin St Louis and he elbowed Marcus Naslund in much the same way as Volchenkov's elbow on Boychuck but with far greater impact and intent.

This scrub never even got a 2 minute minor for elbowing Naslund (who missed 3 games due to concussion)and even after "review" by the NHL Colin Campbell refused to punish this upstart hotdog.

A teammate of Naslund took issue with the NHL and meted out his own justice and battered this young upstart to a pulp. The end result is that this young cheap-shotter no longer plays in the NHL, and that's a good thing for all of the 700 or so NHL players.

Let's hope it does not come to that and hopefully someone ends his career instead.

Not so long ago there was this young spunker in the NHL trying to make a name for himself by cheap-shotting star players. He was a career AHler who only got into the NHL because the team he was on the books for had been decimated by injuries and they needed bodies to fill out a roster. He cheap-shotted Martin St Louis and he elbowed Marcus Naslund in much the same way as Volchenkov's elbow on Boychuck but with far greater impact and intent.

This scrub never even got a 2 minute minor for elbowing Naslund (who missed 3 games due to concussion)and even after "review" by the NHL Colin Campbell refused to punish this upstart hotdog.

A teammate of Naslund took issue with the NHL and meted out his own justice and battered this young upstart to a pulp. The end result is that this young cheap-shotter no longer plays in the NHL, and that's a good thing for all of the 700 or so NHL players.

yes but you have to remember the repercussions of the on ice vigilante antics

I'm pretty sure Todd Bertuzzi would disagree with you. That stupid move by Bertuzzi will precede his reputation no matter how good he is or what he accomplishes in the NHL.

It may precede his reputation for others, it does not for me. My memories of him are on that fantastic line of Bertuzzi-Naslund-Morrisson. Besides, what difference does it make is Bertuzzi disagrees with me? AFAIC Moore needed to be punished, and punished he was, and rightly so.

IMO all cheap shot artists should be beaten to a pulp.

meanwhile lou silently sips his wild berry smoothie and gets down to his thai chicken salad @ the back of paneras....

cmon... show some life man!

To have the whole league so pissed off, Lou has got to be doing something besides jovially saying "Please Sir May I have another" - and then finding a way to win anyhow. AND because he had such a tough run the first half it's even more important not to start acting like the rest of the poorly run organizations, you know? We've gone too far down that slippery slope this season. I need old school iron-balls Lou back!

I think the best response from the Devils is nothing. You have to chalk it up to a lesson learned by Volchenkov. He's got to sit and feel shame. But I think it's also VERY important to use it to his benefit not to make him feel bad OR somehow cheated. It's not a positive repsonse to whine and shout. The positive response is to say what were you thinking? and How are we going to fix this? Bust his ass in practice too -- but in a fun way -- you know how sometimes when you were a kid your punishment of hard labor was sort of cool when you ended up producing something in the end?

Edited by Pepperkorn

Lou has got to be doing something besides jovially saying "Please Sir May I have another"

I think the best response from the Devils is nothing. You have to chalk it up to a lesson learned by Volchenkov. He's got to sit and feel shame. But I think it's also VERY important to use it to his benefit not to make him feel bad OR somehow cheated. It's not a positive repsonse to whine and shout. The positive response is to say what were you thinking? and How are we going to fix this? Bust his ass in practice too -- but in a fun way -- you know how sometimes when you were a kid your punishment of hard labor was sort of cool when you ended up producing something in the end?

Make him do sit-ups!!!!

and yes - despite everyone's denials you'll never convince me these guys don't pee their breezers during games. Guy sweat just cannot smell that much like urine! and you all KNOW the boogers are there -- :yucky: you see the Polish hankie :o SORRY BRIAN!! Air hankie maneuver right on camera - no one can deny the spitting!

Edited by Pepperkorn

and yes - despite everyone's denials you'll never convince me these guys don't pee their breezers during games. Guy sweat just not smell that much like urine! and you all KNOW the boogers are there -- :yucky: you see the Polish hankie :o SORRY BRIAN!! Snot rocket maneuver right on camera - no one can deny the spitting!

Fixed. :evil:

I don't mean to derail but I've never been to a hockey game live. I've always wondered like what the bench looks like and what the ice in front of the benches looks like from all the spitting and hawking. Does it freeze to the ice or when a player falls there does he have big spitwads on his jersey?

In addition how does each player know his gatorade bottle is his?