Devils Canucks game thread`

LizDevil30

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A memo has been sent between the Devils management and Newark City with the understanding that the arena will be built. The plans are apparently approved. They call for an 18,000 seat arena. There will be more details in the local newspapers (ledger, Record) and a major news conference on Thursday hosted by Devils and Newark.

Ahem... ?/

A memo has been sent between the Devils management and Newark City with the understanding that the arena will be built. The plans are apparently approved. They call for an 18,000 seat arena. There will be more details in the local newspapers (ledger, Record) and a major news conference on Thursday hosted by Devils and Newark.

Dear God is this true.....NEW ARENA!!!! :dance::dance:

Why is Larionov playing?

Thats why we lost the game.

And we also lost because the referee that doesn't wear a helmet is horrible, he doesn't make calls unless there is blood, HELLO its not the playoffs....

Every time he is on the ice it seems like we lose a game, and haha , he wasn't there last game, and guess who wasn't there last game LARIONOV!!! - HE SUCKS!

Larionov slows the entire game down, and ruins everything, he is a horrible hockey player and should've retired, but then again who's gonna turn down a million bucks...

Larionov being scratched last game was why we beat Ottawa 2-1.

I was also dissapointed to not see Rasmussen in the lineup because he is improving.

It seems like the Canadian teams all have their share of embarassing wins against us this year. (-montreal, and -toronto)...

If only Lou would realize that its worth more to keep Larionov out of the game then in it, we might actually win a game.

Aside from that Brodeur was not good, he didn't make any great saves, and I was really dissapointed with his play.

Here are the djstubbs Keys to The Game for next week:

1. Keep Larionov off the ice.

2. Hope Stevens is back. (Lou said he would be back after the All-Star Break)

3. Hope Brodeur has fixed his countless errors.

4. Wish that our Defense can seal the holes.

5. Hope The non-existent offense gets a few breaks.

---------

Aside from that have some fun.

We have Philty and the Rag$ next week, and we better win 'em...

This whole evening sucked. Absolutely sucked. Sucked rotten eggs. Sucked like a Hoover.

Know what is worse than losing badly to Vancouver?

HAVING A 4-0 LEAD AND LOSING THE GAME!! AND *WORSE* HAVING A PISS LOAD OF A-HOLE LEAF FANS PILING ON MY BUS.

"I hope Hossa is out for a good long time.... payback for Berard."

"Down 4-0, with our backup in net, and we still beat the Euro-fags."

and, as I'm hoping off the bus

"You're next Devil-man. Fill your arena lately?"

Leaf fans are the most obnoxious creatures on the planet. I think I'll write Bob Barker and see if he can substitute "pet" with "Leaf fan" during his closing.

This whole evening sucked. Absolutely sucked. Sucked rotten eggs. Sucked like a Hoover.

HAVING A 4-0 LEAD AND LOSING THE GAME!! AND *WORSE* HAVING A PISS LOAD OF A-HOLE LEAF FANS PILING ON MY BUS.

Leaf fans are the most obnoxious creatures on the planet. I think I'll write Bob Barker and see if he can substitute "pet" with "Leaf fan" during his closing.

I don't understand, why do they call them euro-fags?

I agree 100%. They are the worst.

My experience was when the Devils played the Leafs in January last year. I was taking my 3 year old to the restroom, he had his Devils jersey on and I had mine and I got threatened to get my ass kicked 4 times while holding my son in my arms. I hope their fans like that burn in the deepest fiery pits of hell.

Edited by JesterDevil

Canucks blank Devils

Vancouver Canucks 4

New Jersey Devils 0

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) _ Brothers Henrik and Daniel Sedin made sure the Vancouver Canucks ended a three-game tour of the New York metropolitan area on a positive note.

The red-hot twins set up goals for each other Thursday night, and the Canucks avoided a winless tour of the area with a 4-0 victory over the New Jersey Devils.

``We've been working pretty good,'' Daniel Sedin said. ``We've played with different linemates and it has just been clicking lately. We had chances before but weren't able to put them in. It's a nice feeling now that we are.''

Daniel has three goals and seven assists in his last six games; Henrik has two goals and six assists.

The twins have been playing so well opponents now have to worry about them in addition to the top line of Markus Naslund, Todd Bertuzzi and Brendan Morrison.

``They benefit from the fact that Morrison's line gets a lot of attention,'' Canucks coach Marc Crawford said. ``They don't get the top defensive pair. There'll be a time in their careers where it's going to be them.''

Dan Cloutier stopped 24 shots in his third shutout of the season, and Morrison and Trevor Linden added power-play goals. The Canucks head into the NHL All-Star break with six wins in eight games.

The only two losses in that span came this week against the Rangers and an overtime setback against the Islanders.

``The way we played tonight is good to see going into the break,'' Cloutier said. ``The team played extremely well in front of me. It was one of the better games we've played all year.''

Vancouver, wrapping up a five-game road trip, outplayed New Jersey so badly that Devils fans were booing in the second period of what was only their second loss in seven games.

``Until tonight we had been playing well for a while,'' acting captain Scott Niedermayer said. ``We knew they would come in hungry after losing the last couple of games on the road and we just didn't do enough to win the game.''

The Sedins combined with Mike Keane on a beautiful goal just 1:11 after the opening faceoff. Keane sent the puck from behind the Devils' net to the right sideboards. Daniel Sedin then made a quick cross-ice pass to his unguarded brother for an easy shot into an open net.

Daniel Sedin got his goal at 3:51 of the second period. Henrik Sedin won a faceoff, retrieved the puck and sent a shot toward goal. Defenseman Brian Rafalski got a piece of the shot, but Daniel Sedin swooped in and slid the puck past Martin Brodeur.

``It seems sometimes they don't look,'' said Devils defenseman Tommy Albelin, a fellow Swede. ``They just throw it to an area and they know the other guy is going to be there. It's pretty hard to defend against.''

Morrison got his 16th goal later in the period with a great move around All-Star defenseman Niedermayer and a backhander past Brodeur.

Linden scored in the third period, seconds after the first of two Devils in the penalty box returned to the ice. The point tied him with Stan Smyl as the Canucks' all-time leading scorer with 673 points.

Cloutier had a lot of help in keeping his shutout. Linden cleared Niedermayer's shot from the crease early in the third period and Ryan Kesler cleared Mike Rupp's rebound later in the period.

Cloutier's best stop came in the first period on a shot in close by Jamie Langenbrunner.

``There are usually an awful lot of shutouts in here, but it's usually the other guy,'' Cloutier said, referring to Brodeur.

Edited by djstubbs

if u asked me, this game was a loss before the players got ready, the canucks were probably in such a bad mode they gave us no chanc,e losing to the NY teams, who both suck and to the Isles who were down 3-1 with less then 6 minutes to go...There was no way they would lose three straight..

Sorry to intrude on your conversation.. I'm a Canuck fan (Vancouver native).

I feel for your loss, guys.. although as you may realize I"m pretty excited for the Canucks. It's been terrible for the team the past two games. Those were horrible losses, or I'd rather call them near misses. It was great to see Canucks rebound so strong.

With regards to your team.. I think it is a great team, the one that should make their fans proud. I won't lie if I say that most of Canucks fans would be ecstatic if Marty was in the net on *OUR* side ;-) I don't understand guys out there who have the guts to diss Marty for this loss despite of his unbelievable record so far. As the saying goes: "sh!t happens".

We (nucks fans) felt a lot worse when our team lost to really poor teams (islenders and the rangers). The Devils lost to Canucks who are tied for #1 spot in the League (with Colorado), so what's the big deal? What I"m trying to say is that even despite of the 4-0 score, don't get so hard on your team. The best teams out there simply have off nights once or at most twice in a season.

Peace!

(Canucks fan forever!! Marty is lub!)

Its one game, I could care less because Stevens, Hale and Berglund could be back after the allstar break and the stretch run is really important for this team. Manyfans from all teams agree Ahonen for Jason Smith would be a great deal for NJ. I also agree seeing Ahonen won't get a shot in NJ and Edmonton needs a #1 future goaltender.