Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rdevils128

Bumped into Parise tonight

20 posts in this topic

Was talking to zach tonight in Clifton. He'll be skating in 2 weeks apparently. And he wants to be a

Xevil next year .....

Edited by rdevils128

Was talking to zach tonight at zinburger in Clifton. He'll be skating in 2 weeks apparently. And he wants to be a

Xevil next year .....

Cool. Of course, and don't take this the wrong way, but I wouldn't have expected him to say anything else to you, me, or anyone else. After all, it wouldn't be a good negotiating tactic for him to pull you aside and tell you his negotiating strategy only to have it posted on NJDEVs.com.... unless Lou promises not to read it. :lol: But still, neat. I never run into anyone that cool around here.... maybe our current mayor. Yea, no one cool at all.

he wants to be an xevil?! oh sh!t that cannot be good! does that mean ex-devil?! :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:

typo i know, just had to poke fun.

Do u really think I would expect him to tell me he doesnt want to be a devil next year? Lol. Figured I would spread the same bs he fed me for the moment

He's only a RFA lol, the only way he's not a Devil next season is if some team has a crazy offer sheet we don't match.

That said sometimes (at least pre-twitter and all these other instant media things) you can parse something a player says in private. Like in '06 when Elias had hepatitis and was still out I lucked into meeting him after a Devil-Ranger game on the train...he was asking me what I thought of the soon-to-be new arena and said he was looking forward to it. This was unprompted without me asking anything about Newark or the Rock. So after that I had a pretty good idea he was gonna stay lol.

Of course now that anyone can play amateur reporter with twitter and blogs you really have to watch what you say if you're a public figure, even in supposedly private conversations.

Edited by NJDevs4978

After one too many blue moons, I just realized how ironic my typo from earlier was. What a Hell of a win tonight by the way lol

After one too many blue moons, I just realized how ironic my typo from earlier was. What a Hell of a win tonight by the way lol

... You bastid.

I don't hold much hope that he will return this year. Better for him to just get healthy.

I don't even know if you want him to return this year if the team is hot enough to get into the playoffs I can see them scared about him not being full back and then trying to integrate him into the team. Just one more reason the Devil's are turning into THE sports story over this month.

Its definately been a crazy season for sure. They look unstoppable right now. You would think that they could only get better if Zach comes back, but I guess we'll find out...

Next year isn't the problem. It's the year after that and after that and so on.

We absolutely could use Zack right now! we need someone who can consistantly put a puck in the net. we need more regulation goals, zajac and palmieri just aren't getting the puck in the net. for the attention kovy gets they should be gathering chippies!

If I ever got a chance to say a few words to him, I would tell him that I realize that he has to do what's best for him, but for the love of all that's holy just don't sign with the Rangers.

If I ever got a chance to say a few words to him, I would tell him that I realize that he has to do what's best for him, but for the love of all that's holy just don't sign with the Rangers.

His dad was an Isle, I don't think that'd go over too well at home let alone here :lol:

His dad was an Isle, I don't think that'd go over too well at home let alone here :lol:

I don't even think people would be so mad.. Girls across the state would just cry, and fans would be questioning the existence of god :giggle: