Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mmajeski06

How about no one wears the C

21 posts in this topic

While I do not think trading Langs is the sole reason this team has turned things around, one could argue that ever since this team has not had a Captain, everyone has been stepping up and taking responsibility for this team. That got me thinking to next year...we could try Elias as C again, or hand things over to Parise, but why not just stick with what we have now, and have Elias, Kovalchuk, and Parise wear A's and have no official Captain. Send the message to the team, that no one is above the team, and everyone has the opportunity to step up and be a leader.

Just my thoughts.

Well Elias is the unnamed C, the way he was in '06 - which ironically enough is the last time we looked this dominant (the fifteen-game win streak). Might as well go with no actual letter and leave good enough alone for the time being.

Imagine winning the cup with no captian.... :whistling:

It will happen this year anyway, so why not stick to it and do it the same way next season? :koolaid:

Imagine winning the cup with no captian.... :whistling:

Yea I wonder who would receive the Cup from Bettman, I guess they would delegate someone beforehand.

Yea I wonder who would receive the Cup from Bettman, I guess they would delegate someone beforehand.

I think Bettman would raise that bad boy himself with a great big smile on his face...

That's a jinx. I could see Lou not letting them pick one and three guys accidentally bum rushing bettman at the same time.

Oh man imagine if we miraculously win the Cup this year and do so at home...Bettman would get booed like never before after all the shenanigans that was the Devils offseason.

That's a jinx. I could see Lou not letting them pick one and three guys accidentally bum rushing bettman at the same time.

If we ha no captain and we won, send Marty to receive the cup.

How awesome would it be if Marty did that? Suck that Bobby Lu, the first ever so called "captain goalie"!

If it was Kovy that'd be the ultimate troll moment towards Bettman, and then Lou could announce on the ice he's forefitting another draft pick :lol:

If it was Kovy that'd be the ultimate troll moment towards Bettman, and then Lou could announce on the ice he's forefitting another draft pick :lol:

If it's Kovy then we can resurrect this one:

pfzmw.png

Edited by mmajeski06

I don't think the idea is crazy, this is after all a team that has three former captains on it, why not simply just have them all wear the A.