NHL player poll

Z-Man

Fact of the matter is, every free agent we sign always demand a NTC. That and overpaying them are the only way we can get players here.

You could say that for any team that signs a FA though. Lou doesn't like overpaying (who does?) so he throws around the NTC's like they're candy. I suspect after this preseason though he might be a little more hesitant to do that in the future.

All you have to do is look at all the guys who come back after their career's over to either work with the team officially or just be 'around' all the time (Driver, Marshall). People don't run for the hills when they're not drawing a multi-million dollar paycheck. Well some do but you could say that anywhere. Like others have said, we're not for everyone but it seems like the majority of people who stay here a while either leave on good terms or return on good terms later.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Besides the players that have stuck around for years and years, i feel like there are more than a few players and coaches that have come back to the organization. I believe that is because of how things are done and how players, coaches, and their families are treated.

I can't help but think of Lemaire's quote about how he couldn't say no to Lou because of what he's done for him and his family

They don't want to be traded somewhere where they would be scrutinized like T.O but don't want to be traded somewhere like NJ where people don't care...

right on guys

They don't want to be traded somewhere where they would be scrutinized like T.O but don't want to be traded somewhere like NJ where people don't care...

right on guys

holy sh!t -- i was thinking about you today ....

well.. lets be honest. lets look at our coaching situation these past years, add the glamour of newark, the perceived way lou does things . not for the faint of heart

-- its no wonder some studs run for broadway