IT'S ALL GOOD FOR DEVILS' BRODEUR

Rock

It's all corporate, Rock. My co. used to spend 32,000 a year on Knicks, Nets, Mets. You dont see that anywhere in NJ. The owners are cheap here; and the NY companies are already married to the Rangers or Isles (most execs live on the Island).

Hey you want to know whats wrong with this state, ask the Canuck fans that flew in to see the game on Thursday. I was waiting in line with them at the Port Authority to get to the arena, and they were stunned and shocked at how difficult it is to get to the arena. The buses are supposed to start two hours before the event, yet the first bus to continental doesnt arrive until 6:15 for a 7:30 game. After that, the bus driver doesnt know where to drop us off, so he circles around to the Charter bus lot and drops us off there.

Then you have to deal with the concession stands that take hours to get anything decent, and there is no announcement in the arena that play is about to commence.

Seriously, its amazing that NJ has fans at all considering how the organization treats them (fan events? is anyone listening?), how hideously difficult it is to get to the arena, and the fact that the Devils havent even one single place in the entire of New York City to purchase tickets to their games. Who the hell is going to march out to Continental to buy tickets(I just graduated college, i live in the city, I dont have a damn car or the time)? I can take the subway to 34th street and pick up a ranger ticket at MSG (how about paying them to share some space?)

I do honestly believe that we have enough fans to sell out an arena for 41 games, but I dont think we can get 19,040 people to the arena without a headache and regrets.

If there is an arena in newark, you can be assured that some of us would be most thankful that we can finally get there.

I don't take the shots at NJ lack of a fan base too personally... I mean -- we're all there. we see it's true. and these guys aren't talking about us who show up and stay the full 3 periods -- I don't know :noclue: Why let it bug you?

So I'm not sure about the miss your exit you miss 2 periods I've never been THAT bad... but honestly how many of you have done the old drive around the arena in circles thing? Usually it's when I'm going home and I get frantic and take any lane that's moving... then I have to drive all the way around it's like European Vacation "Look kids! Big Ben -- Tower of London!" but "hey look there's the Sheraton --there goes the Turnpike.." I'm over that now... :unsure: I think!

Also I sort of have to wonder-yeah he's considering a stopage of play next year now, but does he know G_d just about to put his foot on his "years fly by" accelarator? He may think he has an inkling, but my guess is Brodeur has no clue... not a clue how fast the next ten years are going to go by.

Hey you want to know whats wrong with this state, ask the Canuck fans that flew in to see the game on Thursday. I was waiting in line with them at the Port Authority to get to the arena, and they were stunned and shocked at how difficult it is to get to the arena. The buses are supposed to start two hours before the event, yet the first bus to continental doesnt arrive until 6:15 for a 7:30 game. After that, the bus driver doesnt know where to drop us off, so he circles around to the Charter bus lot and drops us off there.

Then you have to deal with the concession stands that take hours to get anything decent, and there is no announcement in the arena that play is about to commence.

Seriously, its amazing that NJ has fans at all considering how the organization treats them (fan events? is anyone listening?), how hideously difficult it is to get to the arena, and the fact that the Devils havent even one single place in the entire of New York City to purchase tickets to their games. Who the hell is going to march out to Continental to buy tickets(I just graduated college, i live in the city, I dont have a damn car or the time)? I can take the subway to 34th street and pick up a ranger ticket at MSG (how about paying them to share some space?)

I do honestly believe that we have enough fans to sell out an arena for 41 games, but I dont think we can get 19,040 people to the arena without a headache and regrets.

If there is an arena in newark, you can be assured that some of us would be most thankful that we can finally get there.

Ticketmaster?

You can't buy Rangers/Knicks tickets at CAA; why expect it the other way around?

Usually it's when I'm going home and I get frantic and take any lane that's moving... then I have to drive all the way around it's like European Vacation "Look kids! Big Ben -- Tower of London!" but "hey look there's the Sheraton --there goes the Turnpike.." I'm over that now... :unsure: I think!

Not to be picky, PK, but the line was "Big Ben...Parliament!" I only know 'cuz I LOVE that line! Cracks me up everytime 'cuz that would be me. I would be the dweeb laughing hysterically, "I can't get right!" :rofl:

Seriously, not to give Stubbs any ammo against mini-van driving moms, but I suck at driving in traffic! I just sit there waiting for somebody to let me in till my husband yells, "JUST GO!!!!" Then I just close my eyes and punch it. Aaaaak! But, other that that, I'm a very good driver! :P

"I went 56 games until I finally saw some net behind a goalie Wednesday night," said Vancouver's Todd Bertuzzi yesterday, "It shows you how great Brodeur is, playing with smaller equipment than anyone else."

Those are the type of comments that make Bordeur great... when you have Bertuzzi saying you have the most room around you to score on; yet... you're considered the best goaltender in the NHL; that says something.

Brodeur faced a lot yesterday; without that "NJ" defense style.... I hope he continues to be praised; he apparantly has excelled with praise; not crumble to it... so maybe he needs more praise... hehehehe :)

Usually it's when I'm going home and I get frantic and take any lane that's moving... then I have to drive all the way around  it's like European Vacation "Look kids!  Big Ben -- Tower of London!" but "hey look there's the Sheraton --there goes the Turnpike.."  I'm over that now... :unsure:   I think!

Not to be picky, PK, but the line was "Big Ben...Parliament!" I only know 'cuz I LOVE that line! Cracks me up everytime 'cuz that would be me. I would be the dweeb laughing hysterically, "I can't get right!" :rofl:

Seriously, not to give Stubbs any ammo against mini-van driving moms, but I suck at driving in traffic! I just sit there waiting for somebody to let me in till my husband yells, "JUST GO!!!!" Then I just close my eyes and punch it. Aaaaak! But, other that that, I'm a very good driver! :P

I become arbitor of traffic! I hate it when people break laws for their own convenience! Driving down the breakdown lane for one thing but then particularly the unspoken ones like alternate merging! There are traffic patterns that just make sense and these selfish brainless PIGS invent lanes and force their way in and fvck up EVERYTHING trying to get there freaking share of the traffic pie!! :rolleyes::argh: I wish I had a paintgun that magically painted SELF-RIGHTEOUS SELF-IMPORTANT a$$hole across people's windsheilds which coudln't come off for 6 months and anyone caught on the road with is got a $5000.00 ticket! <_<

:argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh:

I REALLY hate the driving here! It's pandemic now though -- even in Canada!

The comic (if you wanna really call him a comic) Gallagher had a similar idea. Just arm every motorist with toy dart guns that have "Stupid" emblazoned on their shafts. When some one does something stupid, as described in your post above, you can shhot their car with one of the stupid darts. After a handful or so have accumulated on a particular vehicle the pigs can arrest the driver for being stupid.

Brilliant, IMO.

:D

Edited by GA Devil