Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
devilsfan26

St. Paddy's

8 posts in this topic

It's St. Patrick's Day, not St. Padraic's. :P

(I actually went to school with a guy named Padraic. I think we just called him Pat.)

That's true but I don't think Patrick is typically abbreviated Patty, except by people whose name isn't Patrick. Pat, Paddy, or Packie.

My link

Whatever you call it, hope everyone has a good one! :)

It is an insult no different than the insult words for other ethnicities. Lots of Irish friends have told me over the years never to make that mistake so it will always be St. Patrick's Day for me.

StPats-DancingLeprechaun.gif

It is an insult no different than the insult words for other ethnicities. Lots of Irish friends have told me over the years never to make that mistake so it will always be St. Patrick's Day for me.

StPats-DancingLeprechaun.gif

Dew, I was thinking "What the heck are you talking about?" until I went and read that Yahoo Answers thread. I never knew about the whole ethnic slur thing. You really do learn something new every day. :cheers:

Dew, I was thinking "What the heck are you talking about?" until I went and read that Yahoo Answers thread. I never knew about the whole ethnic slur thing. You really do learn something new every day. :cheers:

Yup. Teach me now. What is this Yahoo Answers thread you speak of? LOL