Retro Jerseys White this year?

BlizzardCyclone

I posted the same hypothesis here a few months back but it doesn't jive with the statement by Barry Meisel that the team kept some of the game issued jerseys from last year (Fraser, Zharkov, Salmela) with the intention of reusing them this year. More than likely, whoever wrote the promo schedule for the website was careless in their wording.

Edited by BCdevil

Probably just an error. First off, I thought the Caps are wearing their winter classic jersey...which would make it impossible for the Devils to wear white. Also, if this is for St. Patty's Day, there is even less green on the white version. Nah, I think they are saving the White in the unlikely event we ever get into the winter classic.

Probably just an error. First off, I thought the Caps are wearing their winter classic jersey...which would make it impossible for the Devils to wear white. Also, if this is for St. Patty's Day, there is even less green on the white version. Nah, I think they are saving the White in the unlikely event we ever get into the winter classic.

A Classic is a "never gonna happen" event, it is nice to dream though....

From infomation i have gathered from sources in the know, jerseys are red again this year. Word has it they are using the unused jerseys from last years game for this season. At any rate, they will be red again. Also, as far as Washington wearing the Retro Winter Classic shirts, this is a rumor that has not been confirmed and is probably a pipe dream by those wishing to see it.

Yeah guys I mean I'm in the Devils office right now and I talk to the people who run things.. The amount of detail you may perceive them giving this stuff, from the outside, is far different from what they actually do.. It's just a guy putting in his 9-5 lol..

Still, I'll ask if anyone knows anything

rangers played a game in their whites this past week with the league's permission, you also need the opposing team's permission. so it could be done.

you need the league's permission to do that? It's not like in football where it's home team's choice (the reason the Cowboys always wear their whites unless they play someone who forces them to wear their blue by wearing white at home)? That's funny. Unless both teams have similar color jerseys I don't see the reason for one to wear white when playing away. Wasn't the whole idea just so when people used to have black and white tvs you could tell the home team from the visitors? oh well. It would be better for us to wear the red ones like last year.

From infomation i have gathered from sources in the know, jerseys are red again this year. Word has it they are using the unused jerseys from last years game for this season. At any rate, they will be red again. Also, as far as Washington wearing the Retro Winter Classic shirts, this is a rumor that has not been confirmed and is probably a pipe dream by those wishing to see it.

Cool I like the red ones more anyway, and yea they have more green.

Edited by devilsfan26

We should either alternate it where it is red one year, and then white the next and back to red the year after that. That or have one game in the season where they wear the whites and one game they wear the reds. That's it and should not be expanded to more game or we would be like 1/2 of every other teams in the league who wear their 3rd/throwback jerseys to death.

you need the league's permission to do that? It's not like in football where it's home team's choice (the reason the Cowboys always wear their whites unless they play someone who forces them to wear their blue by wearing white at home)? That's funny. Unless both teams have similar color jerseys I don't see the reason for one to wear white when playing away. Wasn't the whole idea just so when people used to have black and white tvs you could tell the home team from the visitors? oh well. It would be better for us to wear the red ones like last year.

yup, pretty ridiculous, but both the league and the opposition has to consent to it. i can only think of the canes that would make it confusing, other then that there should really be no problems.

then again, rangers did it twice, and won both times, the latest being the 7-0 crushing of flyers, so the more opposition the better lol.

Edited by ZeroGravityFat

I'd kill to be able to buy a white throwback.

Mike