GDT: YOUR NEW JERSEY DEVILS HOST THE NY ISLANDERS 3/12 7PM

ThreeCups

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On an unrelated note, I just noticed that the six games the Devils play in April are comprised of three back-to-back tilts. I'm not a big conspiracy guy but somehow I feel like this is a big Bettman f-u to the Devils. I just hope I'm wrong, but I'm going to check how many other teams have similar schedules....

Fri Apr 1, 2011 Flyers

Sat Apr 2, 2011 Canadiens

Tue Apr 5, 2011 Penguins

Wed Apr 6, 2011 Maple Leafs

Sat Apr 9, 2011 Rangers

Sun Apr 10, 2011 Bruins

On an unrelated note, I just noticed that the six games the Devils play in April are comprised of three back-to-back tilts. I'm not a big conspiracy guy but somehow I feel like this is a big Bettman f-u to the Devils. I just hope I'm wrong, but I'm going to check how many other teams have similar schedules....

Fri Apr 1, 2011 Flyers

Sat Apr 2, 2011 Canadiens

Tue Apr 5, 2011 Penguins

Wed Apr 6, 2011 Maple Leafs

Sat Apr 9, 2011 Rangers

Sun Apr 10, 2011 Bruins

1. That's not how schedules are comprised...They don't just choose to give teams games on random days.

2. Every team in the league is going through these weird schedule set-ups - It's just how it is now with arena-sharing. I believe one team had an 11 game road trip this year.

3. That schedule is really not that bad nor do back-to-back games necessarily bode worse for us. We lost against last place Ottawa on quite a few days rest and then won our back to back games this weekend.

Seriously, I come here after that win and the majority of this page is pissing and moaning that the Flyers lost? C'mon guys, let's not lose focus here - that was an AMAZING goal and a stellar comeback win with help from people besides the usual suspects.

Atlanta's not going to be a problem for the Devils if the Devils keep playing like they are. So we didn't jump over them today, it'll come soon enough if they keep winning. The important thing is that if the Sharks beat the Rangers, the distance to 8th is 6 points with 2 games in hand and a game still to play against them. The teams in between mean little if the Devils keep winning.

Seriously, I come here after that win and the majority of this page is pissing and moaning that the Flyers lost? C'mon guys, let's not lose focus here - that was an AMAZING goal and a stellar comeback win with help from people besides the usual suspects.

Atlanta's not going to be a problem for the Devils if the Devils keep playing like they are. So we didn't jump over them today, it'll come soon enough if they keep winning. The important thing is that if the Sharks beat the Rangers, the distance to 8th is 6 points with 2 games in hand and a game still to play against them. The teams in between mean little if the Devils keep winning.

lol well that's Devil fans, more of the glass half-empty type. But with how well Atlanta's playing this week I'm no longer sure they won't be a factor down the stretch. This has become a total free-for-all...which is good in a way. I could not have ever thought we'd get to six back with games in hand not a factor (at worst), this ****'s getting real.

Then again I'm still sulking over the high-school drama at the end of my day that caused me to miss almost all of the Devils game except most of the OT, but that's a seperate story. But I was a bit emotionally vulnerable because of it to the point where I almost shed tears after the Salmela goal, not something I've ever come close to doing because of a sporting event per se.

But I have been complaining lately that every game with the Devils is like a fifteen-round championship fight well I'd have been better off with that drama than the one I actually endured :P

Haha Isles...

Capuano said it was a "one-sided game" and that Devils 'got all the calls tonight"
So, what set Nielsen off? David Clarkson was chirping #Isles coach Jack Capuano from the ice

Way to go Clarky!

Capuano: "We got no respect tonight. Maybe if we win games, we'll get it. Maybe it's that we have a young coaching staff and they've got an older coaching staff. Maybe it's their players--their veteran guys versus our non-veteran guys. I have no idea."

Except it wasn't our veterans who made the difference tonight, it was our young guys!

Edited by mmajeski06

god rolston sucks so much ass. i can't believe he plays on the powerplay. trenton would be unfortunate to have him.

Said about one of the hottest players in the NHL since January, who we probably would not be where we are right now without him.

Edited by ben00rs

I had an Islander fan that was in my row at the start of the game. Moved down a row to the front row during the 2nd period and was leaning way forward in his chair, to the point where people behind him were having trouble seeing. Somebody complained and the usher asked to see his ticket. The guy then started to complain she didn't check every ticket in the arena, even though the usher was right, and he was sitting in the wrong spot. Then the fan wanted to speak to her boss to complain about the profiling....even though she was right and he was obvious about it by moving seats. :lol:

Although that usher did try to argue with me that I was going to my seats in an improper fashion because I was going down the right side of the handrail instead of the left...either that or she didn't know which side of the section seat 1 was on. :urg:

Islander fan trolls, what's the world coming to?!

I did have a Ranger fan troll arguing with me yesterday that the best thing that happened to the Devils was Brodeur getting hurt and that we should have kept Hedberg in. I of course argued that Brodeur was playing better before he got hurt and really well now and then he said it wasn't about the goalies, the defense is playing well :lol: Then I responded you could say the same thing about the first half when our D sucked :P

Dopey hockey fans are fun :rolleyes: