Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rock

A playful Lemaire says there's 'a little chance' ...

15 posts in this topic

A playful Jacques Lemaire says there's 'a little chance' Devils will make playoffs

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2011/03/a_playful_jacques_lemaire_says.html

"It’s a lot to think about," the Devils coach said. "That’s why we need naps. After a nap you think better."

The emotions surrounding the team day in and day out, Lemaire admitted, are hard to describe. There's no coaching manual for this type of run, which has lifted the Devils into 10th place in the Eastern Conference.

"We’ve just got to try to keep them happy, keep it interesting for them so they enjoy the game," Lemaire said. "Make sure they’re rested, they work hard enough to stay in good shape. All of that.

"You have to be in it to know what’s going on, how they felt before, how they felt in the middle of this run, how they feel now, how they’re going to feel in three days or how they’re going to feel if we ever get closer. You can’t explain that. You have to live it."

Edited by Rock

hahaah he's trying so hard to lie about how much he knows we will make it that it's getting 'status quo' level.

Jacques isn't one to promote complacency. I am sure he knows he needs to keep the players focused, otherwise another Ottawa game will rear its ugly head.

Jacques isn't one to promote complacency. I am sure he knows he needs to keep the players focuses otherwise another Ottawa game will rear its ugly head.

I love how Lemaire is handling all this. He can let the team be complacent or lax at a time like this. The have to just keep on chopping and play the games on their schedule

On a related note: When I played high school football, we were pretty bad in the late 90's. My senior year we went 2-0 in the first two games and we were acting like state champs and not working as hard in practice. As a result, we ended up being 2-7 at the end of the season.

We have gone a long way and it just shows that Jacques knows what to do and how to keep his players in the right mindset. Whichever way he handles it, I trust him 100%. He has stuck to the "don't even talk about making the playoffs" way and it has worked great so far.

Anybody is funny and clever when your.....

charlie_sheen.jpg

WINNING!

Edited by westcoastdevfan

Lemaire earned that 'I told you so' to the reporters in the press conference tonight, that was about the only funny thing this evening :P