• -second
    • -third
    • -fourth
    • -fifth
    • -sixth
    • -seventh
    • -eights
    • -no playoffs

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

45 posts in this topic

Im going with seventh if Scotty does not return for the regular season

Or 5th if he does

6th, I don't see Habs, Isles or Buffalo getting hot enough to catch us

I really don't think that Montreal, NY Islanders, or Buffalo have a chance at gaining a spot on us.

It's either beat Philly or be in (4th, 5th, or 6th).

Fourth place. This is largely based on my assumption that Lou Lamroriello is going to make a helluva splash with some great additions at the trade deadline this year, if not before it.

This is largely based on my assumption that Lou Lamroriello is going to make a helluva splash with some great additions at the trade deadline this year, if not before it

You're kidding right?

This is largely based on my assumption that Lou Lamroriello is going to make a helluva splash with some great additions at the trade deadline this year, if not before it

You're kidding right?

Actually no. I do think the Devs could finish in fourth without any additions if they can get back to playing the kind of unbelievably air-tight defense that had them on pace to setting a new NHL record for fewest goals against in a season through the modern day era. Not sure just how realistic that is anymore, but we know full well the offense, defense, and goaltending can be quite a bit better with the current personnel in place then what we've seen since Vancouver came to town and I'd bet the deals LL makes this time around are for players with far more name status then in years past. Pat Burns had a pretty telling quote in the papers not all that long ago about how we'd be seeing some very big deals after the All-Star break that will surprise a lot of folks and I don't think he was overlooking what his own GM intends to do there whatsoever.

Hot teams right now like the Boston Bruins are prone to hitting the skids and watching the bottom fall out right in front of them and there is no guarantee the Flyers will beat us out when all is said and done with Sean Burke struggling and all the crazy dartboard throwing moves Bobby Clarke keeps making everytime a player goes down which annually screws up team chemistry. I can't picture Zhamnov lasting too long in a gritty playoff series against the Leafs where he takes repeated butt ends to the ribs and crosschecks to his already banged up back from everyone wearing the Maple Leaf. Darcy Tucker, Tie Domi, Mats Sundin, Owen Nolan, and Bryan Marchment will have him on the sidelines pretty quickly. He won't last 5 games there.

Lou isn't going to bring in more grinders or fourth liners at this point in time for a serious defense of the Stanley Cup. He knows damn well this is a team thats further away from the finals then a Grant Marshall, Pascal Rheaume, and Richard Smehlik on this go round. Larionov and Brown were huge steps backwards from Nieuwendyk and Tverdovsky/Smehlik while Rasmussen has done a fine job on the fourth line for the most part. Ras has done everything Jim McKenzie did for us last season save for the occasional fight. These shortcomings will be addressed. We should see some better players brought in then what we saw a year ago given how poorly Larionov and Brown have done adjusting to this system.

Edited by Unthinkable

I voted sixth...I was tempted to go fifth because I'm not a big believer in Boston but they have been playing well and more consistently well than us and Raycroft's given them great goaltending. I see us kind of treading water for the rest of the season; we're still a good bit up on the Isles and Habs, but with the way we've been playing I can't see us passing/staying ahead of anyone else.

I voted "Out of the Playoffs".

Expect nothing, you can't be disappointed.

I just like using that particular smiley! :mellow:

Do you like it better this way:

" :mellow: " ?

I thought I was the only one who like that philosophy??? haha

I thought I was the only one who like that philosophy??? haha

Heh nope, I'm like that as well.

6th as it is. Be surprised if they dont let the young D-men finish the year by way of trade. Maybe better with new coach

NJay is right we are going to pull off a first place finish!

:clap:

C'mon Devils, 1st place here we come... :dance:

Doesn't matter to me, just get invited to the dance. Then beat whatever team is on the other bench. Do that 16 times and get to party with a big silver chalice during the summer.