Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ZeroGravityFat

NHL 2011 Draft Lottery

185 posts in this topic

That last day of the season just sucks. Getting the 6th overall pick instead of 8th overall pick would mean a world of difference. If we could somehow fluke a way in to the 4th pick I would be ecstatic. We are most likely going to get a defensmen as the BPA now.

If it's truly a daft where the top 8 is above everyone else then picking 8th over 6th makes very little difference. Only the Devils choices were limited, but the value of the player won't have changed much.

Of course the Devils or individuals may feel it's not a top 8 draft, which would change that idea.

it's a full season thing, not just the last day. plus boston was barely skating. i don't think you can say that a defenseman will be the BPA with any kind of certainty right now.

Murphy

Zibanejad

Hamilton

Armia

These are the ones I seem to be leaning towards. Siemens apparently just came off a horrible playoffs where he was the worse defensmen on the team.

I'm not against taking a shot at Murphy if he's available. We have tremendous depth in our system at defense, but not one that is amazing at offense

we should trade rolston for first pick overall, oilers would be idiots to pass on such a clutch talent.

I wonder if there will be an opportunity to trade up with an Atlanta or an Ottawa who are in some serious need of re-building. I'd gladly trade 1, 2 and 3 to get a blue-chip rather than a maybe chip.

we have quite a few proven kids, but i doubt lou would want to trade them for a high pick from a not so spectacular class.

I don't mean the kids, I mean trading multiple lower-round picks for one shot at a blue-chip. So our picks 1, 2, and/or 3 for something in the top 5.

I don't mean the kids, I mean trading multiple lower-round picks for one shot at a blue-chip. So our picks 1, 2, and/or 3 for something in the top 5.

new jersey has dallas's 3rd round pick and its own 1st round pick and that's it for the top 3 rounds.

trading up at the top of the draft is not common. i don't think i would do it.

I thought we had Washington's 2nd for Arnott? Or is that a 2nd in 2012?

2012 - which i'm thankful for. that's a better draft (supposedly) and hopefully Washington isn't the #1 seed in the East Next year.

The only thing I want out of tonight is Atlanta to not win the lottery and go up to the second pick as a result, then playing the right way and winning the last game would cost us SIX draft positions.

The only thing I want out of tonight is Atlanta to not win the lottery and go up to the second pick as a result, then playing the right way and winning the last game would cost us SIX draft positions.

Can't think like that. Every event creates a brand-new space-time continuum. Atlanta winning tonight definitely doesn't mean the Devils would have.

other than detroit, our franchise probably knows the least about draft lotteries.

OMG WE WON THE LOTTERY DRAFT!!!! # 4 pick!!!!

Edited by SterioDesign

HOLY sh!t WE WON IT!

#4 Overall pick baby!

Edited by thelastonealive

4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thank you lottery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feels weird cheering for this but hell yea!

Edited by John Wensink

4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thank you lottery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What luck :boogie:

Edited by Dadds