All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. What would you trade for Taylor Hall?

Some of the really old posts in this thread are hilarious.
  3. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Your account has been banned from NJDevs.com
  4. New York Mets 2017-18 offseason thread

In general baseball news it looks like Rob Manfred will unilaterally impose the pitch clock with the strong disapproval of the players (and fans). These guys have their habits and rhythm and comfort is everything. Some guys take forever, others are quicker, but I really loved how baseball was the game without a clock. Now it'll have one I wonder if enforcement of it will fade as the season goes on. It'll be one of those rules on the books that nobody follows, like the 3rd base coach having to remain in the coach's box.
  5. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Agitator for the Flyers.... FML.
  6. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

i feel exactly the same way dude the exact. same. way.
  7. GDT: Caps @ Devils 7:00 PM

While that's true, they're 6 points up on the Flyers with only 1 game in hand, and have to travel to Philly on Saturday. Wouldn't say it would be "hard" for the Devils to fall out, as 6-points on a division opponent with half of the season to go isn't exactly comfortable.
  8. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

I feel absolutely terrible for him and for the great fans of the state of New York. I sincerely wish him the speediest of recoveries, and I really hope the team stays afloat in his absence. They really deserve success. WOO fvck THE RANGERS
  9. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Woo! I'm a fan favorite for the Devils!! I'm Drew Stafford!!!!!!!!!!
  10. What would you trade for Taylor Hall?

Your lack of self-awareness is downright concerning. But it's also fvckin entertaining as fvck.
  11. What would you trade for Taylor Hall?

Remind us again how awesome Eric Gelinas is. Just about EVERYONE was thrilled with the deal when it was made...some more than others, but damn near no one was in "OMG the Devils lost Larsson, they gave up too much!" mode.
  12. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

So Shattenkirk as a meniscus tear and will undergo surgery. Out indefinitely according to the Rangers
  13. What would you trade for Taylor Hall?

I don't know if Falloon's commitment was ever questioned - I suspect he would've been called Fat Balloon no matter what - but I do know that he seems like a classic case of who made who - Falloon was on the same junior team as Ray Whitney, Whitney put up 185 points in 72 games during Falloon's draft year and was only 6 months older than Falloon. Meanwhile Falloon goes on to be a 2nd/3rd line guy and Whitney, after some initial struggles, was a 1st liner for a decade.
  14. What would you trade for Taylor Hall?

lol. I was never high on Larsson actually seeing him play in the NHL. I was high on Severson though cause i saw so much more potential. So i would have traded Larsson EASILY for Hall or even for less than Hall. I would have traded Larsson for like... Eberle even
  15. What would you trade for Taylor Hall?

KK was never going to be anything more than a career backup, or a guy who might get a run of starts if he got very hot for a while...he was never going to be a guy who was going to play SO well as a backup that anyone would ever want to bring him in and give him a shot as a #1. I never understood why anyone ever thought he had that kind of upside. As for this season (still a ways to go), backups are a little like a lot of major-league bullpen arms. Good one year, maybe less so the next. That's why they're backups. But he's a decent one.
  16. What would you trade for Taylor Hall?

I see that a lot (due to watching the SHL a lot) with guys who go from international rinks here to minors/NHL. Guys who are very good passers/vision but don't survive when they get less time and space. Usually it's the guys with skating ability that survive and Larsson obviously doesn't have that, but he learned to change his game (as you mentioned).
  17. What would you trade for Taylor Hall?

Just watched the replays, and yeah, none of them were really that bad. You’d like him to stop that tying goal even with the screen, but the other 2 were just an unlucky deflection and a rocket of a shot.
  18. What would you trade for Taylor Hall?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  19. Today
  20. What would you trade for Taylor Hall?

I was right. Nobody wanted to trade Adam Larsson. So we did end up giving up more than we wanted to when the trade was made.
  21. What would you trade for Taylor Hall?

Wasn't Score more than 3 guy exposed as Beetlebum as well?
  22. What would you trade for Taylor Hall?

That 'Subban hit messed him up permanently' stuff is narrative - Larsson had a shot you could set a calendar to, he was just never going to be a great player in the offensive zone or be useful on an NHL power play. Where the Devils did screw with him was getting him to stop looking for passes out of the D zone as a default play. They taught him to go off the glass or around the boards when called for. It's going to lengthen his career - he was taking some nasty hits - but when I watch Edmonton, I just don't see the passing skill that must've wowed scouts back in the SHL.
  23. What would you trade for Taylor Hall?

Think LD had him beat. The Score More than 3 guy was up there too.
  24. What would you trade for Taylor Hall?

Softies? I don't think so. Great to re-read this thread. Glad I stayed out of it
  25. What would you trade for Taylor Hall?

His stats are terrible this year, over 3 goals against a game and just under .900 save percentage this year and my point was he thought Cory sucks and Keith would be better.
  26. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

[emoji23][emoji23] https://mobile.twitter.com/SinceFlyersCup/status/954034861651779586?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html%23954034861651779586 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  27. What would you trade for Taylor Hall?

There were good reasons why Larsson could easily have been the number 1 pick in the draft and why a lot of people thought he had a very bright future in the NHL. He was an SHL regular on defense as 16 year old. His point totals were actually better than Rasmus Dahlin. He was also on Sweden's U20 world junior team as a 17 year old, which is very impressive. To be honest, I think there's something to the thinking that the PK Subban hit messed him up. DeBoer might have not been great for his development either. Whatever the case, five years into a career you generally know who someone is, and the trade was obviously a heist.
  1. Load more activity